So in everyone's humble opinion, should I wait for the Storm to come to AT&T, or do I go with the Bold? I have heard such horrible things about the Bold's browser, and I did not think it could get worse than my Curve.

I could always go iPhone I suppose, but it just seems like a bad investment.
    11-19-08 07:22 AM
    So in everyone's humble opinion, should I wait for the Storm to come to AT&T, or do I go with the Bold? I have heard such horrible things about the Bold's browser, and I did not think it could get worse than my Curve.

I could always go iPhone I suppose, but it just seems like a bad investment.
    Take a look at this link:

Rogers Testing 3G GSM Storm & Other Storm News | BerryReview.com �

Seems it might be coming sooner then we thought.
    11-19-08 07:32 AM
    why does Att need the storm you all have the iPhone isnt one touch screen of this mangitude enough?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We'll trade you the iPhone for the Storm...
    11-19-08 08:18 AM
    i hope it only stays with verizon, i will be pissed if the other carriers get it because verizon never gets "cool" and "new" phones
    11-19-08 08:25 AM
    i hope it only stays with verizon, i will be pissed if the other carriers get it because verizon never gets "cool" and "new" phones
    That's because all the GSM carriers do.

Here is the kicker, the GSM only version is suppose to have Wi-Fi - :P

This is why I went to AT&T and got the bold and unlocked it. Going to sell it when the Storm hits AT&T.
    11-19-08 08:31 AM

This is why I went to AT&T and got the bold and unlocked it. Going to sell it when the Storm hits AT&T.

true, but i don't care about wi-fi when i have the best network in the nation backing up the most badass phone evar

well atleast i will enjoy my storm long before you guys do
    11-19-08 08:35 AM
    true, but i don't care about wi-fi when i have the best network in the nation backing up the most badass phone evar

well atleast i will enjoy my storm long before you guys do
    Let's not go there with the best network in the nation - lol (see end of post)

Wi-Fi comes in handy for me, it's just nice to have.

Let me know if GPS is really unlocked for you, as you know how VZW is.

I hear it will be to a degree. aGPS will be reserved for VZ Nav and GPS will only be unlocked for BB Maps (and maybe a few third party apps), but you might not be able to run stuff such as InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

One reason I left VZW is because of all they lock down. I won't dispute that they have one of the best networks though.
    11-19-08 08:38 AM

So, how much is the Bold for an existing AT&T customer complete with 2-year renewal?
    11-19-08 10:24 AM
    So, how much is the Bold for an existing AT&T customer complete with 2-year renewal?
    399 with a 100 rebate so 299. I was hoping it would be cheaper, but I figure with mine being unlocked. I can sell it for a decent amount and then buy the Storm when it's on AT&T
    11-19-08 10:26 AM
    I second this... I simply don't understand why people are so upset about the lack of wifi... maybe they are just used to the slow and spotty data service they get on AT&T and others?... but seriously, why would you need wifi when you have VZW EVDO Rev. A on this thing?!?!? (this is not a rhetorical question... I really want to know)
    11-19-08 10:46 AM
    I second this... I simply don't understand why people are so upset about the lack of wifi... maybe they are just used to the slow and spotty data service they get on AT&T and others?... but seriously, why would you need wifi when you have VZW EVDO Rev. A on this thing?!?!? (this is not a rhetorical question... I really want to know)
    There are some places even when I had VZW I didn't get service, but I had Wi-Fi available.

Take my Church for example. I can't always get a signal inside but I have access to the Wi-Fi. I might be streaming some stuff with QIK and with Wi-Fi it will be faster and I won't have to worry about my signal. Also Wi-Fi is good for people that are on plans that are not unlimited such as some of the Candadian providers.
    11-19-08 10:53 AM
    There are some places even when I had VZW I didn't get service, but I had Wi-Fi available.

Take my Church for example. I can't always get a signal inside but I have access to the Wi-Fi. I might be streaming some stuff with QIK and with Wi-Fi it will be faster and I won't have to worry about my signal. Also Wi-Fi is good for people that are on plans that are not unlimited such as some of the Candadian providers.
    So, do you really like the Bold? Any dropped calls or browser issues since you upgraded? I may need to go in this direction - my Curve may not last until the Storm comes callin' on AT&T...
    11-20-08 04:00 PM
    So, do you really like the Bold? Any dropped calls or browser issues since you upgraded? I may need to go in this direction - my Curve may not last until the Storm comes callin' on AT&T...
    If you want to stay with the curve, I hear the Javelin is coming out for the Holidays.

The Bold works fine for me. I am running .190 right now.

I figure I will get the Storm once it's on AT&T. I should get a decent amount for my unlocked Bold.
    11-20-08 06:33 PM
    AT&T probably won't get the Storm. They have the iPhone and the Bold. They compliment each other. It's like selling chicken or beef. They satisfy all appetites. Same reason why McDonald's now sells Hamburgers and Chicken.
    11-20-08 06:46 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD