My friend recently unlocked a storm he purchased from another friend. I helped him install some themes and apps. phone makes and recieves calls but there is no browser showing up using his sim card from a G1 T-Mobile phone. I tried it using my daughters sim card from her sidekick phone and the browser does show up using her sim card. any ideas on how or why its not working with the G1 sim card installed. thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:
    03-04-09 01:08 AM
    Try resending the service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 01:33 AM
    Ok does he have to set up a blackberry account with T-Mobile first. Why does it work with my daughters sim and not his. Also does he have to install a third party browser like say Opera for it to work.
    03-05-09 01:00 AM
    Yes, he does need a BB data/email plan with TMo. Once that is in place, they will send service books to your friend's Storm via the BB servers. The service books define what "services" the BB can access, the web browser is one of them.

I don't know why the Sidekick SIM allows the web browser on the Storm.

03-05-09 01:19 AM
    You can't get Opera Mini on his phone without web access as it is an OTA download. Also, Opera will not work without the proper service books downloaded to the phone.

03-05-09 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD