When is the projected release date for AT&T? I will be getting me one of these to replace my Blackberry Curve 8310....
    10-12-08 09:27 PM
    When is the projected release date for AT&T? I will be getting me one of these to replace my Blackberry Curve 8310....
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE. Nope.
    10-12-08 09:28 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath - this is a vzw exclusive. However, the 9530 is supposedly a hybdrid device which will work on both cdma and gsm bands.

The above response obviously was less than helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 09:32 PM
    Actually it looks to be slated for Q1 2009 on at&t...

And it will have all the features that is lacking on CDMA version like simultaneous voice and data along with wifi....
    10-12-08 09:36 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath - this is a vzw exclusive. However, the 9530 is supposedly a hybdrid device which will work on both cdma and gsm bands.

How dare you! That was very helpful...for me.
    10-12-08 09:39 PM
    Actually it looks to be slated for Q1 2009 on at&t...

And it will have all the features that is lacking on CDMA version like simultaneous voice and data along with wifi....
    And to think the Verizon folks thought they were special.....
    10-12-08 09:52 PM
    And to think the Verizon folks thought they were special.....
    i don't understand why snide marks like that are necessary. it doesn't make you any better than the "verizon fanboys" because remarks like this label you as a "att fanboy". (two wrongs don't make a right as my mother always said, the true man will always take the highroad by choosing to ignore these petty arguments rather than taking part in them) think about it guys... it's a freaking wireless provider... it's not necessary to get all partisan over it... it's not like politics where civil strife is breaking out. i would understand if you guys had like a majority stake in one of these companys' stocks, but you don't. we're freaking consumers, we can switch from one provider to the other without batting an eye. it's not like citizenship in a country where being patriotic about your own country is honorable. this is totally getting blow out of proportion.
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 10-12-08 at 10:09 PM.
    10-12-08 10:07 PM
    i don't understand why snide marks like that are necessary. it doesn't make you any better than the "verizon fanboys" because remarks like this label you as a "att fanboy". (two wrongs don't make a right as my mother always said, the true man will always take the highroad by choosing to ignore these petty arguments, than take part in them) think about it guys... it's a freaking wireless provider... it's not necessary to get all partisan over it... it's not like politics where civil strife is breaking out. i would understand if you guys had like a majority stake in one of these companys' stocks, but you don't. we're freaking consumers, we can switch from one provider to the other without batting an eye. it's not like citizenship in a country where being patriotic about your own country is honorable. this is totally getting blow out of proportion.
    Know what you're talking about before you say it. You have no clue how many times I've seen "as long as AT&T doesn't get it". Just the "mention" of it going to AT&T makes people want to argue, as if they believe it should only go to Verizon.
    Back to me, i do have stake in one of the companies involved, so it's best to not speak on things you don't know about.
    10-12-08 10:12 PM
    ^ WHOA someone needs a chill pill, I know crucial can speak for himself, but I'm sure that was a joke, and if anyone knows anything he does.....wow......I laugh!!!

10-12-08 10:13 PM
    Nor am I an AT&T "fanboy" I use Rogers 85% of the time.
    10-12-08 10:14 PM
    we don't even know the Verizon release date yet...it's a little to soon to speculate on an Att release
    10-12-08 10:15 PM
    we don't even know the Verizon release date yet...it's a little to soon to speculate on an Att release
    Speak for yourself.....
    10-12-08 10:18 PM
    Crucial is NOT speculating. You must be new.
    10-12-08 10:19 PM
    i don't understand why snide marks like that are necessary. it doesn't make you any better than the "verizon fanboys" because remarks like this label you as a "att fanboy". (two wrongs don't make a right as my mother always said, the true man will always take the highroad by choosing to ignore these petty arguments rather than taking part in them) think about it guys... it's a freaking wireless provider... it's not necessary to get all partisan over it... it's not like politics where civil strife is breaking out. i would understand if you guys had like a majority stake in one of these companys' stocks, but you don't. we're freaking consumers, we can switch from one provider to the other without batting an eye. it's not like citizenship in a country where being patriotic about your own country is honorable. this is totally getting blow out of proportion.
    one thing i have learn to have an enjoyable experience here is to not take everything cx says at face value cause half the time coments like that is sarcasm or i at least it seems to me
    10-12-08 10:20 PM
    Know what you're talking about before you say it. You have no clue how many times I've seen "as long as AT&T doesn't get it". Just the "mention" of it going to AT&T makes people want to argue, as if they believe it should only go to Verizon.
    Back to me, i do have stake in one of the companies involved, so it's best to not speak on things you don't know about.
    if i offended you, that was not my point; i'm not targeting you personally, i'm just tired of people taking this so seriously. i''m not taking sides with any one. yes, those VZW people who get so angry when they hear it's going to ATT are at fault too (maybe even more at fault for starting it). but it doesn't make it any better to provoke them, and therefore prolong the argument, by responding with partisan rhetoric. you see what i'm getting at?

when i mentioned stakes in the companies, i was talking more along the lines of majority stake, as in 50% or more, as in you control the board of directors. as in you basically own the company and you have a personal attachment to it. (if that's the case for you, then i retract my statement against you personally)
    10-12-08 10:21 PM
    Crucial is NOT speculating. You must be new.
    i was responding to the original post...let me clarify...We (the general public) do not know the release date...others (Rim execs, verizon execs, CRUCIAL, etc.) do know but will not say due to NDA
    10-12-08 10:25 PM
    i was responding to the original post...let me clarify...We (the general public) do not know the release date...others (Rim execs, verizon execs, CRUCIAL, etc.) do know but will not say due to NDA
    I was talking about the AT&T BB Storm 9510. Crucial is NOT speculating.
    10-12-08 10:28 PM
    if i offended you, that was not my point; i'm not targeting you personally, i'm just tired of people taking this so seriously. i''m not taking sides with any one. yes, those VZW people who get so angry when they hear it's going to ATT are at fault too (maybe even more at fault for starting it). but it doesn't make it any better to provoke them, and therefore prolong the argument, by responding with partisan rhetoric. you see what i'm getting at?

when i mentioned stakes in the companies, i was talking more along the lines of majority stake, as in 50% or more, as in you control the board of directors. as in you basically own the company and you have a personal attachment to it. (if that's the case for you, then i retract my statement against you personally)
    No I understand where you're coming from. It gets on my nerves as well. I do use AT&T, but mostly Rogers, so the AT&T vs VZW thing doesn't really matter to me. But the Verizon people kill me with the as long as AT&T doens't get it because we all get the best phones last. It's ridiculous. I have a stake, and it's that the devices sell. That keeps my job, so I could care less where they go. I wasn't offended, just trying to make my point known. Sorry if I came off the wrong way, wasn't my intention.
    10-12-08 10:30 PM
    wow so there will be an AT&T version with wifi? Man I guess I should wait a little longer before being locked into Verizon for another 2 years.
    10-12-08 10:31 PM

what carrier is putting out this hybrid 9530?
    10-12-08 10:32 PM
    what carrier is putting out this hybrid 9530?
    You're joking right?
    10-12-08 10:33 PM
    You're joking right?
    There are some who don't know all the info we do - be nice.

Vzw is launching the 9530.

10-12-08 10:37 PM
    You're joking right?
    i thought VZW is getting the 9500? and are they doing the 9530 as well?
    10-12-08 10:42 PM
    i thought VZW is getting the 9500? and are they doing the 9530 as well?
    Verizon=9530
    Rest of World=9500
    Sometime in 2009=AT&T Storm 9510
    10-12-08 10:44 PM
    no just the 9530. the 9500 is the att one in question i think
    10-12-08 10:45 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD