I don't consider myself a newb, but after reading this thread you can draw your own conclusions.

So here's the deal - I recently wanted to use Microsoft Outlook for my Calender Planning and I had a strong desire to want to sync information back and forth on my BB Storm. Now that I've completely set everything up on Microsoft Outlook I come across some strange problems when trying to sync my Calender via BB Desktop Manager.

For some odd reason when I select "Synchronization" in the "Synchronization Configuration" menu the only options I get as "available desktop applications" are ASCII Importer/Exporter and Yahoo.

Why is Microsoft Outlook not appearing as an option for me to sync? What steps can I take to fix this problem? Is there another application I can use if BB Desktop Manager doesn't work?

Thanks a ton for any and all responses.
    01-27-09 06:08 PM
    Somebody help me out.
    01-27-09 07:23 PM
    I would restart your computer and storm and try again. If it still doesn't work, try the reset configuration option under synchronize. It is strange that it isn't showing this option since I use Microsoft Outlook to sync once a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:24 PM
    Had same problem. Issue for me was using Outlook 2000. Upgraded to Outlook 2003 and it worked like a charm. More recent versions of the Desktop Manager don't support Outlook 2000.

- R.
    01-27-09 08:50 PM
    actually the most recent doesn't support 2003 either. I know 4.2 does though.
    01-27-09 09:03 PM
    I have Outlook 2007, and my OS is Vista.

Damnit, this is very frustrating. What's the most recent version of Microsoft Outlook?
    01-27-09 09:05 PM
    what part of chicago =D
    01-27-09 09:08 PM
    I have Outlook 2003 on my PC running Windows XP and I can sync my information. I use Windows 2007 with my laptop running Vista, I can sync my information. I also have been able to sync from both computers with Outlook Express. I don't like the look of Express but I can store my contacts there and that is important to me.

The only issue that I had when I was synching my Storm for the first time is that my Outlook 2007 wasn't fully setup on my laptop. So I had to finish the install, enter the product key, etc. and then I made it my default email source on my laptop and was able to sync the Storm through DM to Outlook.
    01-27-09 09:18 PM
    what part of chicago =D
    south side, but im often out west im in the lights and sirens academy
    01-27-09 09:34 PM
    I like the gmail ability to autosync ota .... less of a hastle, although I did use outlook before.
    01-27-09 10:09 PM
    I like the gmail ability to autosync ota .... less of a hastle, although I did use outlook before.
    Are you telling me I can sync my Outlook Calenders thru Gmail? Can you plz explain?
    01-28-09 03:04 PM
    To throw an alternate here at everyone, we are using Outlook 2003 and Google Calendar w/Google sync and it's most excellent. My other half is a nurse and keeps her entire work schedule for the year in Outlook along w/all of the school and other activities for our little one. The problem was keeping me up to date on what was going on. Enter Google calendar. She created an account on Google and used the Google Sync PC applet to send her calendar up (to Al Gore's internet) to Google. Now at this point either of us can log in and view and modify the calendar from there if we like (including from the Storm's 9530 browser) but the real cool part is the Google Sync for BlackBerry I d/l'd. Once I installed it and activated it, it pulled down the entire Google Calendar to my 9530. If I make any changes on my phone, since she has 2-way sync turned on then when she opens Outlook at some future point and opens the sync applet on her PC she gets all of my modifications too. This has worked like a charm. Our only task at this point is to see if there is a Google Sync applet for her Palm Centro (preferred) or install BlueTooth on her PC so she can wirelessly update her Centro from her PC (that would be Plan B) since the cable is a PitA to connect and disconnect on the Centro. The BlackBerry checks several times a day OtA for updates but will send updates (if made from the phone) immediately.

UPDATE:
    --------
    I just stumbled across GooSync which apparently offeres a free (and a premium paid-for) sync util for just about every phone/pda out there. All Palms are supported, so I think tonight we'll get the Centro all configured just like my BB9530 Storm is.
    Last edited by ktklein; 01-28-09 at 03:54 PM. Reason: New Info
    01-28-09 03:32 PM
    I don't consider myself a newb, but after reading this thread you can draw your own conclusions.

So here's the deal - I recently wanted to use Microsoft Outlook for my Calender Planning and I had a strong desire to want to sync information back and forth on my BB Storm. Now that I've completely set everything up on Microsoft Outlook I come across some strange problems when trying to sync my Calender via BB Desktop Manager.

For some odd reason when I select "Synchronization" in the "Synchronization Configuration" menu the only options I get as "available desktop applications" are ASCII Importer/Exporter and Yahoo.

Why is Microsoft Outlook not appearing as an option for me to sync? What steps can I take to fix this problem? Is there another application I can use if BB Desktop Manager doesn't work?

Thanks a ton for any and all responses.
    I had this problem. When you go into DM syc settings - reset it to default settings and then set up synchronisation again. Work for me fine after that.
    01-28-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD