Hi all does anyone know if it is possiable to sysnc with mozilla's sunbird calander? I don't use ms and as of now can not sync up with sunbird's calander function. any suggestions would be helpful thanks!
    06-22-09 05:34 PM
    I use Lightning (Mozilla Thunderbird's extension that gives the same functionality as Sunbird) and the only posible way to sync with the BB is by uploading your Sunbird Calendar to Google Calendar, then use Google Sync to update your BB with your Google Calendar.
    In order to have the 3 calendars (BB, Sunbird/Lightning and Google Calendar) in sync dynamically, you should first make a Google Calendar, then import all the data from Sunbird, and finally wipe your calendar on Sunbird and create a new "Use online calendar" in Sunbird and enter your Google Calendar. That way any change you make on your BB syncs with Google Calendar via Google Sync, whic at the same time syncs with Sunbird every time you open the latter.

Works for me!

Cheers
    06-22-09 11:24 PM
    I use Lightning (Mozilla Thunderbird's extension that gives the same functionality as Sunbird) and the only posible way to sync with the BB is by uploading your Sunbird Calendar to Google Calendar, then use Google Sync to update your BB with your Google Calendar.
    In order to have the 3 calendars (BB, Sunbird/Lightning and Google Calendar) in sync dynamically, you should first make a Google Calendar, then import all the data from Sunbird, and finally wipe your calendar on Sunbird and create a new "Use online calendar" in Sunbird and enter your Google Calendar. That way any change you make on your BB syncs with Google Calendar via Google Sync, whic at the same time syncs with Sunbird every time you open the latter.

Works for me!

Cheers
    Thanks, thats what I needed

RC
    07-07-09 07:52 PM
    Can you walk me through wiping my sunbird calendar? I keep getting duplicates everytime. I have my ics files saved just in case I screw up but I'd really like to figure this out. I'm new to blackberry and was using birdiesync to sync my sunbird to my windows phone..
    07-17-09 11:44 PM
    Hey,

I am new to this forum. I am currently using sunbird as my calendar program and I imported all calendar's to google calendar and downloaded google sync to my BB. I don't understand the later part of the instructions that say "Sunbird and create a new "Use online calendar" in Sunbird and enter your Google Calendar." 1. what do you mean by enter your Google Calendar? 2. How do I use online calendar?i.e does it a require a online server, database manager.

Thanks,

Ruben
    08-03-09 02:14 PM
    Hi, to get your calendar connected log onto google and then click on My Account.. you should see a link to the calendar. Open that so you're looking at your online calendar, now over to the left is the list of "calendars" with the one you're wanting to sync high lighted click the drop down arrow and choose "settings" a new page comes up. Almost to the bottom of the settings box is "Calendar Address" Click on the html button in that section and a popup comes up with your calendar address. Copy that.
    Now open your Sunbird calendar and click File/New Calendar. Then choose on the network and then choose Google and where you see the "Location" paste the address you just copied. Be sure you've removed all other calendars from Sunbird including the one you've put on Google so you don't duplicate your appointments. Now everytime you open Sunbird it actually connects to google and pulls down your calendar. Any changes you make on your phone or Sunbird show up on Google and so they are always in sync. Its pretty handy!
    08-03-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD