has anyone noticed when they switch from portrait to landscape that is usually works but sometimes it won't switch and only stay on portrait and then you have to shut off or do a battery pull?
    11-25-08 07:55 AM
    yep, mine does but i dont do a shut down or batt pull...i just keep turning that mofo until it decides it wants to turn lol..
    11-25-08 08:06 AM
    Mine got stuck in landscape a couple times this morning. Seemed like it would switch to landscape when I set it down on table (flat) and then when I picked it back up, it wouldn't switch back to portrait. Power off/on fixed it.
    11-25-08 08:11 AM
    yes, I am pretty sure its a known issue. Some people have been succesfull by removing VZW NAV and Visual Voice Mail.

I think we are pretty sure its a software issue and compatibility with VZW specific software. I am sure they will address this with the new upgrade which is rumored to be out around the 8th of december.

Try not to get too frustrated, this is what happens when you are the first to get a brand new Tech Toy . Think of it like a child, you will get to see it grow and mature LOL

By the way, mine does it too. I have noticed if I hit the BB button, or switch to a diff app, that it unfreezes.

I have not removed those programs cause I subscribe to them and the Visual Voice Mail is way to cool. Might take off VZW NAV for a few since I do not use it all the time. Can always reinstall it OTA.
    11-25-08 08:17 AM
    I didn't even think about the VZW programs being the culprit. I removed them as soon as I was up and running on my phone yesterday but then re-installed VVM last night.

One other thing I changed this morning was the grid layout to 4x4 instead of default. I didn't have much time this morning, but this afternoon I'll change the grid back to default to see if that keeps it from getting stuck.

Luckily, this is the only bug I've encountered so far. Can't say I'm too frustrated at this point.
    11-25-08 08:30 AM
    I've been having the same problem... try this:

Click the screen when the phone is in standby mode, then when the screen activates, unlock it with the lock button on the top of the phone. This should give the accelerometer a kick. I've had 100% luck with switching from portrait to landscape and back after doing it this way. Don't use the unlock button first, or it won't work and it'll just act quirky.

Dan
    11-25-08 08:34 AM
    issues i have with the switching between portrait and landscape seem to mainly be when I pick it up after its been sitting for a bit.

At first its slow, but as i use it more, it becomes much quicker overall. Once I put it down for a bit again, it repeats. Slow at first, then speeds up after some consistant use.
    11-25-08 08:42 AM
    dhec:

That does do the trick. My accelerometer only locks up sometimes when I come out of Locked mode. I found that just locking it/unlocking it fixes the accelerometer.
    11-25-08 08:42 AM
    dhec:

That does do the trick. My accelerometer only locks up sometimes when I come out of Locked mode. I found that just locking it/unlocking it fixes the accelerometer.
    Same here. It only happens when I come out of lock mode. They really need to add a standby feature to this phone.
    11-25-08 08:57 AM
    They really need to add a standby feature to this phone.
    x2. I got so used to putting my Curve into standby mode, I really miss it on the Storm. I never used lock on the Curve since standby worked so well. I don't use holsters and have already had my Storm unlock while in my pocket. I'm going shopping today for a case or skin or something, so maybe that will make that lock button a little less sensitive.
    11-25-08 09:03 AM
    They need to add a true standby feature as well as turn off the accelerometer during locked mode.

They also need to give us the option to use the accelerometer or not.
    This would not be difficult to add to the phone, but this is a much needed update for those of us that would rather assign the screen flip to a hot key instead of the phone figuring out it's logic.

I myself personally would use the phone 99% of the time without accelerometer being enabled.
    11-25-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD