Occasionally, when a keyboard is pulled up in portrait mode, I get a multipress keyboard even though I have selected surepress under options. It does not give me an option to change it to surepress under the blackberry menu, either. Anyone else have this problem?
    11-28-08 11:07 AM
    Haven't had the problem, but I've noticed when there's a login prompt, it goes from surepress in the login window to multipress for the passwords.
    11-28-08 11:10 AM
    Haven't had the problem, but I've noticed when there's a login prompt, it goes from surepress in the login window to multipress for the passwords.
    I believe this is exactly what is happening to me.
    11-28-08 11:48 AM
    Sounds like you are mixing up the names of Sure-Press (Blackberry's clickable touch screen exclusive to the Storm) with Sure-Type that also exists on the Pearl and some older Blackberry phones.

But to your point, I am using the Sure-Type portait keyboard almost exclusively, and it has only defaulted back to Multi-tap when entering in a password.
    11-28-08 12:38 PM
    Sounds like you are mixing up the names of Sure-Press (Blackberry's clickable touch screen exclusive to the Storm) with Sure-Type that also exists on the Pearl and some older Blackberry phones.

But to your point, I am using the Sure-Type portait keyboard almost exclusively, and it has only defaulted back to Multi-tap when entering in a password.
    You are correct regarding surepress/suretype.

I am having the the same problem as you. It is defaulting back to multi-tap when entering some passwords. Why is it doing this and is there any way to stop it?
    11-28-08 01:40 PM
    I don't know if there is a way to stop it, but from my pervious experience using the Pearl, I wouldn't want to turn it off. Sure-Type does not type in 100% what I intended to type, and that problem is only magnified with passwords which are often not just plan words (caps, numbers, special characters, etc.) My guess is that you cannot turn it off when entering passwords, but even if you could, I would leave it on.
    11-28-08 01:56 PM
    I am having the problem of it switching from multi-tap to sure type. It does this on entering text either on a new e-mail, a new text message or in a name trying to find the contacts. It will stay on the mutli-tap for a short time and then go back. I apparently am not good with the sure type because I can't even get close to the word or name I want. Help!
    11-29-08 02:07 AM
    yes... do you really want to have suretype remember your password?
    11-29-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD