I was out in the cold here in Michigan last night for a couple hours and it was in the mid 20s. I know that the screen is capacitative so that if your fingers are cold, the touch won't register on the screen, but what I've also noticed is that if the phone becomes very cold, the surepress or click mechanism stops working. It is almost as if the cold causes the metal to contract and the screen is no longer elevated enough to press down. Not complaining, just an oberservation.
    12-13-08 09:55 AM
    i think that might just be your phone...its been cold in providence this week and my phone has worked just fine outside with surepress
    12-13-08 11:46 AM
    you could just move to a warmer climate
    12-13-08 11:51 AM
    same here, i havent had any issues and its been mid 20s and 30s here now for a few weeks. maybe your fingers are just numb so you can feel it being pressed haha
    12-13-08 11:52 AM
    yea i was walking around nyc all night last night, it was low 20's and mine was fine
    12-13-08 11:59 AM
    20 degrees is downright balmy (LOL)

Mine was clicking fine at -6 this morning.
    12-13-08 12:02 PM
    I've noticed this as well. Mine has occured after the Storm was exposed to cold for and extended period (in the holster while I was working outside for a couple of hours with temps in the teens).
    12-13-08 12:05 PM
    It was 24 last night and I had no issues using sure type. (other than my numbing fingers)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:08 PM
    20 degrees is downright balmy (LOL)

Mine was clicking fine at -6 this morning.
    Are you talking Celsius? If so 20 is colder cause it would be equal to -12

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:09 PM
    F

I am on this side of the Canadian border ;-)
    12-13-08 12:17 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I had my Storm. I was skiing up at Breckenridge and after 4 or so hours I tried to use my phone on a lift, with no luck. I couldnt select anything. Once I got into the car and it warmed up a little, all was fine. Not the reason I decided to return the Storm.
    12-13-08 12:25 PM
    Maybe try this, sounds like it's too tight:
    Screen Click Problem fixed using a different method
    (you'll have to do a search for it as the forums won't allow me to post URLs since I don't have 10 posts yet,,, sheesh)
    12-13-08 12:36 PM
    I'm amazed people can actually be outside in 20 something degree weather...It just snowed in Austin and Houston for the first time in years!
    12-13-08 12:39 PM
    Its just a way of life for some people.

I believe the cold is the main reason i'm on storm #2...and to think this phone was developed in Canada.
    12-13-08 12:45 PM
    Maybe try this, sounds like it's too tight:
    Screen Click Problem fixed using a different method
    (you'll have to do a search for it as the forums won't allow me to post URLs since I don't have 10 posts yet,,, sheesh)
    You can post links but you just need to put a few spaces in them for your next few posts. We do this to stop spammers.
    12-13-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD