So this is my 2nd storm I have unlocked. I bought the first one, unlocked it, got everything working on tmobile, except it was ridiculously SLOW. I thought it may just be the phone, so I bought another storm, tested it and it worked like normal. I unlocked it, got everything working again and guess what.......SLOW like molasses. I've tried different OS's thinking that would help, but to no avail.

I searched the forums and it seems I am the only one with this issue. or am I?
    is there anyone else out there on tmobile with a speedy storm? or am I missing something?

Just for clarification, whem I say slow I mean, the phone has a 2 to 30 second lag doing anything.
    06-25-09 12:22 PM
    whats the file free at? What OS are you running?
    06-25-09 12:26 PM
    but the newer one was fine until you unlocked it and threw it on Tmo?

I know that the phone tends to hang a bit when sending/receiving signal info, or when trying to achieve signal (in subway etc)

Try turning the radio off and see if she speeds up any
    06-25-09 12:54 PM
    whats the file free at? What OS are you running?
    i'll have to get back to you about file free (i left the phone @home)

i started w/.148 then tried .109 since i was running that on vzn w/ no issues

but the newer one was fine until you unlocked it and threw it on Tmo?

I know that the phone tends to hang a bit when sending/receiving signal info, or when trying to achieve signal (in subway etc)

Try turning the radio off and see if she speeds up any
    yes the newer one was awesome before i tainted it. lol

i did use it with the radio off......painfully slow. the lag time is affecting everything. even navigating the home screen. almost like the processor is overloaded.
    06-25-09 01:58 PM
    no one else has this issue?
    06-25-09 09:52 PM
    i had unlock almost 5 storm 9530. I use t-mobile service book. OS 141 everything is running perfect. open file, close file, browser, typing....it is everything ok.....if u want just try .141 OS and let see what happen...
    06-25-09 10:27 PM
    The STORM is SLOW. Deal with it or get somethin else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:50 PM
    I can't imagine it has ANYTHING to do with it being UNLOCKED, or being on T-Mobile. In my mind, it's obvious it's a software (maybe OS) issue.

I use .148 (no silly hybrids) and I can switch between my Verizon and T-Mobile account flawlessly. My phone acts the same NOW using T-Mobile, as it did without using T-Mobile. It's been unlocked since I got it. There isn't any abnormal lag. (As opposed to normal lag, being from having too many of my 40+ apps open at one time)

If it were me, I would wipe and reload .148.
    06-25-09 10:56 PM

yet he was happy with the phone before he had it unlocked and running on Tmo. Thanks for your input anyway, gotta keep the hate train rollin somehow i guess
    06-25-09 11:09 PM
    Dude, how did you test it before you unlocked it? Guess what T-Mobile GSM speeds on Storm mean EDGE... i.e. SLOW, 2G.

06-25-09 11:25 PM
    Dude, how did you test it before you unlocked it? Guess what T-Mobile GSM speeds on Storm mean EDGE... i.e. SLOW, 2G.

I don't think he's referring to data speeds, I believe he's referring to the phone being laggy.
    06-25-09 11:27 PM
    i had unlock almost 5 storm 9530. I use t-mobile service book. OS 141 everything is running perfect. open file, close file, browser, typing....it is everything ok.....if u want just try .141 OS and let see what happen...
    did you get the service books from this thread?
    howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-w-unlocked-storm

^that is the thread I used to set it up.

thanks for your input. you can go back to myspace now.

I can't imagine it has ANYTHING to do with it being UNLOCKED, or being on T-Mobile. In my mind, it's obvious it's a software (maybe OS) issue.

I use .148 (no silly hybrids) and I can switch between my Verizon and T-Mobile account flawlessly. My phone acts the same NOW using T-Mobile, as it did without using T-Mobile. It's been unlocked since I got it. There isn't any abnormal lag. (As opposed to normal lag, being from having too many of my 40+ apps open at one time)

If it were me, I would wipe and reload .148.
    see this response gives me hope.
    theres gotta be something i'm missing. i bought an unlocked storm and it was really slow from the beginning. i thought it was just that phone so i sold it cheap and bought a new one. the new one was not unlocked. i unlocked it ran .148 and now i have another storm that has a few second delay no matter what i do.

i just turned it on and ran thru all the menus and anything i could do without a data connection.

I don't think he's referring to data speeds, I believe he's referring to the phone being laggy.
    correct, i used to be on VZN and i had a storm so i know how the phone is supposed to operate and respond, however, this one is pretty much unusable as it is now.
    06-26-09 01:40 AM
    Like I said, wipe and reload the OS.
    06-26-09 02:12 AM
    Like I said, wipe and reload the OS.
    well, i did that and it worked GREAT!! for about 20 mins.

i dont know what to do any more. after i did the wipe, i didnt restore anything back on my phone (just in case something was corrupt) so it was all new and fresh. the UI was super fast and responsive, the browser (using EDGE) was just as fast as it is on my 8900 (it seems like i was using VZN browser) , then it seemed like verizon found out and it all came to an end.

now the browser freezes on the VZN opening screen and navigating the home screen takes 2 to 30 secs. to do anything anymore.

at least now i know for sure its not the phone since i was using it perfectly fine for a little bit.

is there any BB tech support i can call and talk to a person? there is nothing listed on BB's site except for web help. i really want to use my phone, but its unbearable.
    06-26-09 10:13 PM
    well, i did that and it worked GREAT!! for about 20 mins.

i dont know what to do any more. after i did the wipe, i didnt restore anything back on my phone (just in case something was corrupt) so it was all new and fresh. the UI was super fast and responsive, the browser (using EDGE) was just as fast as it is on my 8900 (it seems like i was using VZN browser) , then it seemed like verizon found out and it all came to an end.

now the browser freezes on the VZN opening screen and navigating the home screen takes 2 to 30 secs. to do anything anymore.

at least now i know for sure its not the phone since i was using it perfectly fine for a little bit.

is there any BB tech support i can call and talk to a person? there is nothing listed on BB's site except for web help. i really want to use my phone, but its unbearable.
    Unfortunately, I think Crackberry is going to be the best tech support you're going to get without paying.

Blackberry Technical Support
    Phone: 877-255-2377
    then dial
    $49/per incident
    06-26-09 10:30 PM
    Oh and there is no guarantee that they can solve your issue.
    06-26-09 10:33 PM
    Unfortunately, I think Crackberry is going to be the best tech support you're going to get without paying.

Blackberry Technical Support
    Phone: 877-255-2377
    then dial
    $49/per incident

yeah, i guess thats out. lol

do you think you could post or pm me your wap tcp/ip & browser settings so i can compare and see what the difference could be? i have my apn: wap.voicestream.com and all browser config set @ tmo

maybe i just have some sort of setting incorrect that is causing this
    06-26-09 10:45 PM
    TCP/IP - Uncheck both boxes and leave blank
    06-26-09 10:47 PM
    need three
    06-27-09 12:32 AM
    more posts before
    06-27-09 12:33 AM
    i can pm....
    06-27-09 12:34 AM
    lol I was like WTF is three?
    06-27-09 12:35 AM
    haha

ok, the browser just freezes and i'm missing an email account. i think its possessed
    Last edited by Jayal; 06-27-09 at 01:12 AM.
    06-27-09 01:09 AM
    so i re wiped the phone again, and again, it works awesome for about 15min and then locks up. everything moves along speedy, the way it should, then BAM, comes to a halt....painstakingly slow again. any ideas?

do i need different service books?
    06-27-09 02:17 AM
    do you have a micro sd card in it? if so what size? what happens if you take it out?

the reason why I am asking you this and I appologize if it has been asked before is because when I stopped using my 8900 I took my 16gb card out of it and replaced my 8gb card in my storm with the 16gb. As soon as I did that my storm started lagging bad! as soon as I removed it and placed my 8gb back in it went back to the normal snappy device it was before..

just a thought....
    06-27-09 10:03 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD