I feel your pain Chiplatham. I have very large hands, and myself can't select anything unless I make the font very large, which is very time consuming. I sometimes wonder if the storm is for my hands or not. This is not funny, but if there was a stylus for the storm and works very well, then many storm users will purchase it. This would make the storm green and diverse
    01-24-09 09:04 PM
    Stylus??? It's a blackberry. Stylus's are for windows mobile. :-) Just kidding!
    01-25-09 02:49 PM
    used to have a palm for work and getting the stylus in and out to do some basic stuff was pretty annoying. easier to use finger at the end of the day. (or any time)
    01-27-09 01:34 AM
    Dont any of you have GFs or Wives? It's pretty hard typing on a tiny capacitive keyboard with medium to long fingernails, apparently.

My wife has to chew her's off just to type a message....
    06-11-09 01:40 PM
    would a stylus even work on a storm since the screen is heat sensitive not touch sensitive?
    06-11-09 02:09 PM
    would a stylus even work on a storm since the screen is heat sensitive not touch sensitive?
    Heat sensitive ??? Where did you see that.
    The touch screen on the Storm is CAPACITIVE ... ( like the iPhone )

Quick introduction to touch screen Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-11-09 02:26 PM
    Rofl. that was indeed funny, but no need to make fun of the guy. there would be much practical use for a stylus for the storm. However, as previously stated, not really sure how well it would work.
    Really? I don't see how it would be practical AT ALL. Seems like much more of a hassle than anything else. As has already been pointed out by others (yourself included), a stylus doesn't seem to handle SurePress very well.

Ehhh...no thanks. Don't need it anyway - personally speaking, of course.
    06-11-09 02:38 PM
    OK, so you're wearing gloves and don't want to take them off to use your Storm. You gonna fish around in your pocket(s) to find your stylus with your gloves on?

Not sure this is an improvement.
    06-11-09 02:45 PM
    If you want gloves that would work with the Storm, look at theses

D O T S
    Amazon.com: tavo gloves

If they work of a iPhone, they will work with a Storm
    Last edited by Briard; 06-11-09 at 02:57 PM.
    06-11-09 02:55 PM
    I used to be a stylus guy, then I broke away from my Treo and got the Storm. I did have to get counseling for stylus withdrawal but it turned out ok.

The storm does not use a stylus because it works with static from your finger. Tip your Storm in the light and look at the screen. You will see the itsy bitsy little sensors on the glass.
    06-11-09 02:57 PM
    Stylus!!!! Why speak of such things?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 04:00 PM
    I feel your pain Chiplatham. I have very large hands, and myself can't select anything unless I make the font very large, which is very time consuming. I sometimes wonder if the storm is for my hands or not. This is not funny, but if there was a stylus for the storm and works very well, then many storm users will purchase it. This would make the storm green and diverse
    I get the diversity - maybe. but how would this make the storm green?
    06-11-09 06:08 PM
    I just got my first crackberry - a storm.

Reason for Buying

This is my first entry into the smartphone world - though I've tested out all my friends gadgets, until the Storm I was never moved to buy one. I wanted something that really worked, not just if you do x,y,z idiosyncratic behaviours first. One of the reasons I chose the smart phone was due to its lower (ewg - Environmental Working Group) my Nokia 5000 had twice the radiation of the storm 9500. I also wanted to be in touch with clients more often in my business as I have begun travelling quite a bit.

Why I want a stylus & the issue with the crackberry

People are always commenting on how long and elegant my fingers are, I don't have fingernails and I work in IT & am used to adjusting to different gadgets. I do however, prize efficiency above all things. Given any gadget, operating system or application I will find the shortest, fastest way of doing things.

The blackberry keypad however, makes things take 5 times longer than on my $100 real phone keyboard predictive text phone. My fingers aren't small enough unless I type with my pinkies. At this point in time the efficiency lies in push email on multiple email accounts, but to actually make the blackberry efficient I think I would need to plug in a keyboard.

How the blackberry storm rates for productivity and efficiency

• Suretype just isn't sure enough. Why can't it remember the words I type often and put them up the top of the list?
    • How can anyone type an email or sms on this? RSI due to precision needed

Why the crackberry community is freaky (though mysteriously alluring)

• There is an issue here
    • People don't really offer any real alternative solutions except "fit in"
    • Crackberry Jam would be better with some diversity & chunks in it.
    Last edited by skywok; 09-25-09 at 07:29 PM.
    09-25-09 07:14 PM

Reason for Buying

This is my first entry into the smartphone world - though I've tested out all my friends gadgets, until the Storm I was never moved to buy one. I wanted something that really worked, not just if you do x,y,z idiosyncratic behaviours first. One of the reasons I chose the smart phone was due to its lower (ewg - Environmental Working Group) my Nokia 5000 had twice the radiation of the storm 9500. I also wanted to be in touch with clients more often in my business as I have begun travelling quite a bit.

People are always commenting on how long and elegant my fingers are, I don't have fingernails and I work in IT & am used to adjusting to different gadgets. I do however, prize efficiency above all things. Given any gadget, operating system or application I will find the shortest, fastest way of doing things.

The blackberry keypad however, makes things take 5 times longer than on my $100 real phone keyboard predictive text phone. My fingers aren't small enough unless I type with my pinkies. At this point in time the efficiency lies in push email on multiple email accounts, but to actually make the blackberry efficient I think I would need to plug in a keyboard.

• Suretype just isn't sure enough. Why can't it remember the words I type often and put them up the top of the list?

• There is an issue here
    The sure type is a bit tricky at first. I was not to impressed with it until about 3 days after I got my storm. I've now had it a couple weeks and while it has its quirks, it works really well. I've got really big hands as well but I have found that once I got used to the phone typing was much easier than any phone with a physical qwerty that I have owned. Give it time :-)
    09-25-09 07:34 PM

Reason for Buying

• There is an issue here
    I have long fingers as well, I have no problem getting my Storm to work for me. I don't have to use my pinkies and I don't desire a stylus for my phone. I like using the SureType keyboard and the qwerty keyboard.

As for the SureType issue you stated, maybe adding those words into the Custom Dictionary. That would probably solve that problem.

I have no problem typing an email, sms, mms, or any other type of message on my Storm.

Just my two cents.
    09-25-09 09:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD