I just brought a Storm from another person and the phone works fine. I went in to remove the 8 gig memory card and I could not pull it out easily. With a "little" more force, the card still would not move and then half of the card seperated and let the other half under the small piece of metal over the top of the card. My question is where should I send it to have the broke card removed or is there some way that I can get into it to remove the broken piece? Any help would be appreciated.
    03-05-09 12:14 AM
    tweezers???
    ...never heard about this happening...picture of the situation maybe???
    03-05-09 12:35 AM
    Have pics, but don't know how to them on here. Would be willing to email them to you.
    03-05-09 01:07 AM
    I had this same thing happen to me a couple months ago. So now then end of the memory card is stuck under the metal piece and I have no way to get it out. I've tried some tiny tweezers and some small picks to try to snag the piece and pull it out, but didn't have any luck. Is there any way to take off the metal plate above the memory card to get more access? It is frusterating to be limited to the device memory.
    07-07-09 10:13 AM
    Won't help @ this point but 2 avoid having this occur, use pencil eraser 2 slide media card out.
    07-07-09 10:53 AM
    Best BB repair place on the planet.....

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �

Tell them PK from Crackberry sent ya.
    07-07-09 12:30 PM
    So, I brought the phone to a local repair shop that was able to get the broken piece of memory card out. I bought a new 8gb card and put it in, under the memory menu it says that memory card is inserted but cannot be read and should be formatted. I try to format the card using the phone and get a message that says formatting has failed. Any suggestions?
    07-08-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD