So I'm new here I have heard of you guys for a long time but never posted anything. Anyway I am currently a t mobile customer and a g1 owner I love both the phone is amazing and I will never talk bad about it. But I live in an area where 3g isn't an option for me until july so I really want a 3g phone that works, well I used to own a bb pearl 8100 I loved it great device very good phone for my buisness. I'm really iffy about moving carriers to get the storm, really all I need to know is am I making a smart move and is the storm worth the money and what do I expect to gain. I chose the forums because honestly I see you guys as the beset of the best. Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated
    03-08-09 01:17 PM
    Well, scythe 225, I personally feel that the Storm would well serve every need you could possibly have in a handheld device. Notwithstanding the lack of wifi, which to me, is just not a concern, this device truely does it all. And with the coming of the BB 'storefront' app store, it will probably do even more.

At the very least, making the move to , imo, Verizons superior network and cs, would make your decision a good one.
    03-08-09 02:28 PM
    I suggest trying it out for 30 days with a new number... If you don't like it, take it back. If you do like it, port your number and can TMo, eBay your G1.
    03-08-09 02:35 PM
    well im on my way to check some things out what concerns does the sttorm have hardware and soft ware. because the g1 has an ok design but a great os but not many updates
    03-08-09 02:43 PM
    Well if it helps, I switched from AT&T to Verizon, just to the the Storm. I also had the 8100 Pearl before on ATT. I paid the $175 to ATT to switch and though it hurt at first I don't regret it. The Storm is an amazing device. I just went on a two week trip and didn't take my laptop, just the Storm and it did everything I needed it to. Like someone said, atleast try it out. Worth it for sure.
    03-08-09 02:45 PM
    The storm is a great phone! The OS its running now (.75) is a little iffy though, but a new upgrade is suppose to come out this month which will hopfully make the phone 100 times even better.

I'd make the switch to Verizon if I were you, they have very good service!
    03-08-09 04:10 PM
    honestly Verizon is a far superior network when compared to the coverage of ATiT and TMo...sure you will get ATiT in some places you won't get Verizon but there are more places you will get Verizon than you will ever get any other carrier.

The Storm is a great device even with the quirks it has now the phone is still getting better day by day
    03-08-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD