I've seen some posts regarding users who were actually able to view streaming video on the Storm. I have a Security Camera at home and am looking be able to view this feed. Can anyone help me please? Is there a specific setting or third party app that is needed?
    12-08-08 08:01 PM
    You beat me to it. I was going to start a thread like this. I want to be able to stream from my webcam and i plan on buying a Rovio to stream to my Stream.
    12-08-08 08:57 PM
    I feel like I have written this before, but you might want to try orb.com
    don't know how you would control the rovio though.
    12-08-08 09:41 PM
    I've seen some posts regarding users who were actually able to view streaming video on the Storm. I have a Security Camera at home and am looking be able to view this feed. Can anyone help me please? Is there a specific setting or third party app that is needed?

You should not have to have a third party app to do this! If you have a friend with a iPhone, have him try it, it just works!! I'm poking a prodding around in here to see if someone can come up with a solution! NO Orb is not a solution unless you tether each camera to a PC! Also same with the Mobiscope or what ever that is called, it too needs to be tethered to a PC (USB)!

The problem seems to be either Verizon Blocks this content, or the browser isn't capable of rendering streaming video, unlike Safari, or Firefox! It is just java based so it really shouldn't be a problem!

Chip
    Last edited by Chip127; 12-10-08 at 04:22 PM.
    12-10-08 04:19 PM
    Yes, that is what I thought. I CAN view this on the iPhone without using any 3rd party app. There are so many different setting choices on the Storm, I was thinking maybe I have it set incorrectly. I also have a network camera that I can view via internet and the webpage comes up fine but just the "boxed red X" where the picture should be.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
    12-13-08 03:34 PM
    maybe change the browser identification... set it to IE or firefox...
    12-14-08 03:46 PM
    maybe change the browser identification... set it to IE or firefox...
    You definately want it to ident. itself as a firefox browser and not as IE. If it see's IE, it will need to install an activeX file, which a BB will not do. At least, this is what an Axis camera will want to do. If it ident. as a firefox browser it will try and run java, which is what you want.

Chip
    12-17-08 08:11 PM
    Also want to set the stream to 3gp.
    12-17-08 08:29 PM
    MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    For streaming live tv, sat radio, and web cams.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 08:49 PM
    MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    For streaming live tv, sat radio, and web cams.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Orb will ONLY work for USB connected web cams, those cheap type web cams that you would buy to chat with! Not a secuity type camera that connects with cat 5 cable or WiFi to a router. That would get really expensive to have a PC connected to every security camera, let alone trying to keep them all running! Try again.

Chip
    12-21-08 12:35 PM
    This program works as a 3rd party app, and it cost $29.99 but well worth it if you want to view security cams on your Blackberry.....

Goto mobiscope dot com

You can try it for 7 days......I have been using it on my pearl, and now on the storm....
    12-21-08 12:52 PM
    What kind of Camera do you have? From reading the support forums on Orb it only works on camera's connected to a PC??
    12-21-08 12:57 PM
    Nothing like two quotes in one, or maybe I was talking to myself? HA!
    Chip
    Last edited by Chip127; 12-21-08 at 01:04 PM.
    12-21-08 01:01 PM
    check out QIK.com works great on storm!!!!!!
    12-21-08 01:21 PM
    I set the browser to Firefox (still get the dreaded "red X box") . . . where do I set the stream to 3gp? I don't see that.
    12-21-08 03:32 PM
    I have a panasonic network/security camera that is connected to my network wirelessly. I can view it via internet on any computer. Panasonic claims you can also view it on phones that have full HTML capability (which the Storm does have)
    12-21-08 03:34 PM
    I had the same problem you had and no one could answer it for me either, but I have now figured it out on my own....

When you go to your security cam web page and get the red letter "x", zoom in on the "x" hit the blackberry button and click "get image" You will then have your image....

I have no idea why the BB Storm will not automatically get that image like me Treo 700wx did effortlessly, but this is what I have to do to see my security cam images....

Hope that helps you....
    12-21-08 04:50 PM
    Oh Yeah....You have to ZOOM way in on hte red "X" then press and hold the red "x" but dont push screen in. While holding red "X" press blackberry button then select "get full image" and you will have your image....

You can keep hitting the red "x" to get updated images....
    12-21-08 05:01 PM
    Wow . . . that solution makes sense but there must be another solution, even if I could get it to work that sounds like a royal pain to go through each time. I have zoomed so virtually nothing else is on my screen except the "X" and can't seem to "select" it so that "show image" comes up when I hit the blackberry button (while selecting the "X") . . . this is crazy for such a state-of-the-art phone.
    12-21-08 07:54 PM
    It will work, you're not doing something right.

zoom in as much as you can. press and hold red "x" but dont push the screen down. While holding on red "x" press blackberry button. when menu comes up yu have to scroll up to see "get full image". Then you will have it.

I have the panasonic cam also. It works with this method. I agree there should be some other/better method, but I can assure you I've tried just about everything.

If you come across any other way, please let me know.
    12-21-08 11:21 PM
    It will work, you're not doing something right.

zoom in as much as you can. press and hold red "x" but dont push the screen down. While holding on red "x" press blackberry button. when menu comes up yu have to scroll up to see "get full image". Then you will have it.

I have the panasonic cam also. It works with this method. I agree there should be some other/better method, but I can assure you I've tried just about everything.

If you come across any other way, please let me know.
    Does not work for me! In fact I get the error, "The artifact is too large" or something to that effect. This to me does not make any sense what so ever. I talked to Blackberry (RIM) tech. yesterday and they said the only way to get it to work would be to change it to the .3GP and also you will need a compatible IP Camera that supports 3GP. Also it would not be live, as you would have to keep refreshing to get new images. Myself, I am waiting for a mobile version of Firefox, which I think will work. Or Mobiscope is working on a version for the Storm, I talk with them also! Funny that a person with an iPhone or a iTouch (on WiFi) can view my camera's just fine??????

Chip
    12-31-08 03:03 PM
    i tried that total control. not a fan. i bought mobiscope. it works great with my cam.
    04-09-09 11:17 PM
    I have set the following URL to get instant access to Panasonics still image:

http :// ???.viewnetcam.com:5000/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=1280x960&Quality=Mobile&C= ????????

Substite ?'s for your control page Url's

Mobiscope for $19.95 is best deal. Works on Storm with streaming (albeit choppy) video of my 2 cameras in Florida and 1 in NJ on one page at same time or individually!
    04-27-09 11:52 PM
    I also used Orb but had no luck I can watch my streamed vids but the storm shuts off each time it trys to pick up the webcam stream......Im using "stickam" for a live webcam feed on my storm...its delays bout 10 sec but its better than nothing.... it also has a mobile app that supports the bold and storm... " M.stickam.c0m for the app and stickam.c0m to sign up free....hope this helps.....I would love to use the orb client but have had no luck!
    04-28-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD