Last night, I went to Verizon to order the phone (with my mom). They had some "problem" ordering the phone for me and after three guys huddled around the computer, they said "Sir..uh, you already ordered the phone". I blankly starred at them and said "No, I'm pretty sure I didn't."

Background Info-
    On the day the phone was realeased (11/21 if I remember right) I called about 25-30 stores in my area to see if they had it in stock. Nothing. In terms of the account, no one would talk to me since I'm not the account holder. In fact, some said something to the effect of "Woah buddy, this is a highly secure federal account" to which I only gave a chuckle. I knew my dad has a corporate account with VZW but "federal"?...

Back to the story. So I said I did not order the phone, and sure enough they tracked it down and said that it was ALREADY DELIVERED waiting for me in FedEx. We had 10 minutes before the it closed so we ran on over there and picked it up just at 9pm approached.

Now, here is where, in my opinion it gets even weirder. Not only did I now have a phone that I, nor my family members ORDERED, but I saw on the package that it had PRIORITY OVERNIGHT shipping. To this I just said "Ftw". I mean, first I found out a phone was ordered the DAY it was released, at the store I was trying to order from last night (in the mall). Then I find out that it was SHIPPED November 23th, and had overnight shipping to make sure it came in by the 24th.

So besides my family and I trying to figure out which Verizon guy ordered the phone for us illegally, we didn't even know that it was billed (it'll show up on next statement).

But, after talking to my dad, he said just go ahead and open it and try activating it. I did. And what ended up happening was that I need to call Customer Service because it said that activation was unsuccessful. And when I called them, they instructed me to do several things, including trying to open the brower. ONE PROBLEM THOUGH, my phone did not have a BROWSER icon. In fact, now that I think about it, it might be missing one or two more. He then said that I should hold on for a just a second and BAM, after he did something on his end, the browser icon popped up (then later on I activated it).

To tell you all the truth, I am very, VERY, puzzled by these events. Any help/clarification would be great.
    Thanks
    11-27-08 11:05 AM
    Odd. Very illegal for someone to charge your account without notifying you.

Maybe your parents got you an early christmas present and are just screwing with your head?

Pretty cool though.
    11-27-08 11:09 AM
    Sounds like your Storm arrived via immaculate conception.
    11-27-08 11:10 AM
    Cue the black helicopters ......
    11-27-08 11:25 AM
    Odd. Very illegal for someone to charge your account without notifying you.

Maybe your parents got you an early christmas present and are just screwing with your head?

Pretty cool though.

Haha, but the thing is it is definitely not my mom since she didn't want me getting a new phone in the first place (she's one of those "if you got a phone that works, why get a new one" type of moms). And my dad, I REALLY doubt it was him since he's been in the UAE for months now and he told me it wasn't him. He's thinking it may have been GE (my dad's company) that sent him the phone since he is on a corporate account, but there is no proof of this at the moment.

For a moment I thought I was crazy when I said it was illegal. Guess not. I'm 17 and NUMEROUS stores told me that they cannot talk to me about the account if I'm under 18 and/or not on the account/account holder.

In terms of ORDERING, almost every store told me that I cannot order the phone if the account is not in my name or if I'm under 18. Maybe I should not have mass called 30 stores, but then again, not all of them had my account on their screen (only a few that I had upgrade questions about) and I pretty much called the stores ONLY to find out if they had the phone in stock, nothing about ordering...

Strange it is...
    11-27-08 11:33 AM
    Try and find the options menu that says if it's BIS or BES and that should answer if the company ordered it. I saw it last night but am having trouble figuring out how to find it again.
    11-27-08 02:02 PM

In terms of ORDERING, almost every store told me that I cannot order the phone if the account is not in my name or if I'm under 18. Maybe I should not have mass called 30 stores, but then again, not all of them had my account on their screen (only a few that I had upgrade questions about) and I pretty much called the stores ONLY to find out if they had the phone in stock, nothing about ordering...

Strange it is...
    its not illegal because of your age, its illegal because youre not on the authorized list. They can't just allow anyone coming into a place saying their someones son/daughter and messing with their accounts!

But anyway... don't ask questions and hope the $250 doesn't show up on the bill next month!
    11-27-08 02:06 PM
    Sounds like your Storm arrived via immaculate conception.
    Um, it's a phone, I think you mean immaculate reception.
    11-27-08 02:12 PM
    A strange thing happened to me too.. I had a dream about my phone..
    11-27-08 02:18 PM
    A strange thing happened to me too.. I had a dream about my phone..
    Me too, but when I woke up I realized it would be another 2 months before I receive it.
    11-27-08 02:27 PM
    lol , thats interesting ... and sucks for ^^^^ lol but atleast by the time you get it all the bugs will be out .
    11-27-08 02:40 PM
    While the whole ordering thing is odd, the rest is not.

Like yours, mine came without a browser icon, and without some other stuff. It could not be activated by making the call or online, so after calling in, they activated it and all of that stuff popped up...they flashed all of it to the phone.

That was a common thing that happened with a lot of people's phones---I know I read about it on the forums back on the first few days after the launch.

So, land the black helicopter, no conspiracy. Now, the ordering thing.....
    11-27-08 04:29 PM
    The browser and the email icons are not on the phone until activation on the bis server thats when your service books are sent...
    11-27-08 04:34 PM
    just be glad that you have it. lol!! all I hear in Canada is delay delay delay
    11-27-08 05:37 PM
    lol , thats interesting ... and sucks for ^^^^ lol but atleast by the time you get it all the bugs will be out .
    Why? Are the next batch any different than the current batch? I thought they are the same.
    Last edited by hal1; 11-27-08 at 07:07 PM.
    11-27-08 06:59 PM
    Federal Account??? Free Storm??? the answer is clear "THE ENEMY" is spying on your Dad through your phone
    11-27-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD