There's a strange issue I'm having with my Storm (9500). I tend to keep up-to-date on the OS and am currently on 122. Ever since 113, there's been a strange issue whereby whenever I don't use the phone for more than a few minutes, it goes into a weird sleep mode and won't respond to any button presses unless I hold that button down for ~1-2 seconds. It happens if I put it in it's case, but it also happens if I'm on a call, where to hang up the phone I've got to hold down the hang up key for a couple of seconds for it to recognise what it's doing.

A possibly related issue is that my camera button doesn't seem to work any more. In camera mode, pressing it brings up the focus rectangle but it never takes the picture. Using the on-screen button works fine.

Any ideas what's going on?
    04-23-09 05:31 PM
    I'm a dumbass. I just figured it out.

I dropped it a couple of weeks back and it landed on the corner next to the mute button. It got scuffed and basically bent the sliver part slightly so that the mute button got pressed and couldn't release. So I've been going for 2 weeks with that button being permanently pressed in, which turns out makes the phone sluggish after a few minutes and stops the camera taking pictures.

I'll leave this thread as a warning to others - if you drop it, it could do strange things. I've ordered a new case.
    04-23-09 05:45 PM
    I have been haveing the same issue with my phone but I have had to do a battery pull. My screen would light up and say that it is locked but it would not unlock when I pressed the unlock key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD