My Storm's bluetooth headset, a Motorola H690

Every once in a while when I turn it on, usually when I'm heading out to drive home from work, it will have a short beep with two different tones, and will beep about every 10-30 seconds. I have no idea why it does this. Usually it stops beeping after several minutes of doing so. I have tested the battery when it does this and the indicator does not show I need a charge. It seems to be very arbitrary and quite annoying, since it does it in the middle of my call when I'm trying to focus on driving and conversing, all while this beep keeps cutting into the call.

Does anyone else have this problem with their bluetooth hs and/or have any idea why it does it? I have consulted the User's Guide and even though there are reasons why beeps occur, none of the explanations seem to cover this one. Two beeps every 30 seconds for low battery seems to be the closest explanation, but again, the beeping always stops after a while (that wouldn't happen if the battery is low) and I confirmed this by checking battery level.

This bluetooth hs ordinarily works fine, and I have no other issues with it.
    07-10-09 01:53 PM
    My Storm's bluetooth headset, a Motorola H690

Every once in a while when I turn it on, usually when I'm heading out to drive home from work, it will have a short beep with two different tones, and will beep about every 10-30 seconds. I have no idea why it does this. Usually it stops beeping after several minutes of doing so. I have tested the battery when it does this and the indicator does not show I need a charge. It seems to be very arbitrary and quite annoying, since it does it in the middle of my call when I'm trying to focus on driving and conversing, all while this beep keeps cutting into the call.

Does anyone else have this problem with their bluetooth hs and/or have any idea why it does it? I have consulted the User's Guide and even though there are reasons why beeps occur, none of the explanations seem to cover this one. Two beeps every 30 seconds for low battery seems to be the closest explanation, but again, the beeping always stops after a while (that wouldn't happen if the battery is low) and I confirmed this by checking battery level.

This bluetooth hs ordinarily works fine, and I have no other issues with it.
    I remember a couple of years ago, I bought a Motorola bluetooth from a seller on ebay, and had the same problem. As it turned out, it was a counterfeit product that came from China. I don't recall the exact address, but I think it was on the main Motorola site. It had different things to look for that could identify counterfeit products.

Good luck....
    07-10-09 02:14 PM
    well I believe the history behind this particular hs is directly from Verizon... bought at the co. store but it was my GF who bought it when she upgraded to a Curve earlier this year.
    07-10-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD