Do you believe that the Blackberry Storm will surpass all other fones...in its class...including the Iphone? Ppl are saying all kinda bs knocking this fone but i think it will be worth the cost and more...it will shake up the wireless industry today! Ppl realize just because they are no release date or price YET....trust me...the world will be drooling as soon as they release it and watch all the BBstorm haters be first in line....
    11-01-08 01:19 PM
    I think it will be in it's own class. But I do NOT think this phone will be for everybody. Blackberry is still Blackberry, I have used the device, and I'm definitely getting it, however it is still essentially a blackberry, **like cruc has been saying for ages**

This brings the blackberry to a touch screen world, bigger screen, media, and web browsing, it will never be the play toy that the iphone is, I don't think RIM would tarnish their reputation for that.

**Note: I am not saying the iphone is a bad phone, nor that it being a "fun" phone is bad, but merely pointing out that RIM isn't looking to lose their Business Enterprise image, that's their customer base, not teens and tweens and gadget lovers**

That being said. Anyone looking for a powerful phone with a lot of options, I think this WILL be the phone to beat. Nothing, **that I have used** touches a blackberry in productivity. The storm is going to **like some reviewer said** be the perfect mix of Productivity VS Fun, not giving up alot on the productivity but adding a lot more to the fun, media, hip side of it all.
    11-01-08 01:56 PM
    I may get beaut up for this; or flamed as u guys would say.
    But I think he just might be right.
    The iphone is more of a toy. But this is gonna be a machine and a toy.......
    Just my **
    AKA
    S1
    11-01-08 02:17 PM
    i agree. I think i heard it described best in another thread....

many people carry a blackberry all day at work and then swap it out for an iPhone at night for play.

The Storm should be able to fill both those roles.
    11-01-08 02:22 PM
    yes, for about 2 weeks, until a newer phone is released!
    11-01-08 02:31 PM
    I'm eagerly awaiting my very own Storm, but it's no iPhone in the media or UI departments.

What you'll find, holding each device in hand, is that there is no 'joy' in the Storm's navigation, only cold purpose. On the iPhone you have little nuances like instant response 'rubber banding' bouncy menu's and simple but effective bright colour schemes... the Storm *is* laggy, is quite dull to look at, and does everything it does without any of the extra 'aaaah!' you got when using the iPhone for the first time.

Apple are the absolute *masters* of UI, and RIM has already learnt a thing or two, but will need to continue their evolution to keep up.

This isn't to say the Storm is going to disappoint, but it's certainly lacking the frills and raw 'pulling' power that has made the iPhone a runaway success.

Ultimately, I'll say it again; tools for the job. If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone because the Storm isn't it. If you want a BlackBerry first and foremost with some of that touchscreen charm, the Storm is perfect.

There's nothing 'toy' about the iPhone - with MobileMe, it offers better communication services than a BIS blackberry (+ push calendar, push contacts - BB PIN IM), but APple certainly is more consumer focused than enterprise, just as RIM is more enterprise focused.

Both devices 'cross over' to the other side with some success, and I'd say is depends on which side you want to stay mostly on that ought to determine your device.

Roll on launch day!
    11-01-08 05:09 PM
    I think it will be in it's own class. But I do NOT think this phone will be for everybody. Blackberry is still Blackberry, I have used the device, and I'm definitely getting it, however it is still essentially a blackberry, **like cruc has been saying for ages**

This brings the blackberry to a touch screen world, bigger screen, media, and web browsing, it will never be the play toy that the iphone is, I don't think RIM would tarnish their reputation for that.

**Note: I am not saying the iphone is a bad phone, nor that it being a "fun" phone is bad, but merely pointing out that RIM isn't looking to lose their Business Enterprise image, that's their customer base, not teens and tweens and gadget lovers**

That being said. Anyone looking for a powerful phone with a lot of options, I think this WILL be the phone to beat. Nothing, **that I have used** touches a blackberry in productivity. The storm is going to **like some reviewer said** be the perfect mix of Productivity VS Fun, not giving up alot on the productivity but adding a lot more to the fun, media, hip side of it all.
    I'd like to politely disagree with you on this. Now given the Blackberry line and RIM are well known for their quality and their products being used in most business, but with the touchscreen, camera, and other features I feel that this more for the "business guy that likes to have fun on the weekends" market (if that makes any sense)

In terms of features (not necessarily the quality), I think an iPhone w/ certain apps can be put in the same playing field as the Storm. With many businesses moving to the iPhone (out of some legit reason or the new no-brained boss wants to get it because it's "cute") including the U.S. Congress, I think it's fare to say that the iPhone can stand on it's own.

And as for RIM damaging their image towards business and stuff, I think that's bull. It doesn't matter what company you're talking about if there's a huge market for product A, and company B is in the relatively same line as company A making product A, company B will make product B similar to product A. Why? Because they want in on the action and make money.

So while I don't think they're ditching business, I think they're more like opening doors to the hipster-wannabes/tech junkies out their that want an iPhone but want to be different or stay with/move to Verizon
    11-01-08 05:20 PM
    Do you believe that the Blackberry Storm will surpass all other fones...in its class...including the Iphone? Ppl are saying all kinda bs knocking this fone but i think it will be worth the cost and more...it will shake up the wireless industry today! Ppl realize just because they are no release date or price YET....trust me...the world will be drooling as soon as they release it and watch all the BBstorm haters be first in line....
    Are you sure you don't mean iFone? I dunno man, I'm reading your post and I'm not getting a sincere feeling on what you're trying to say. Are you sure you're not being fony?
    11-01-08 07:14 PM
    I'm eagerly awaiting my very own Storm, but it's no iPhone in the media or UI departments.

What you'll find, holding each device in hand, is that there is no 'joy' in the Storm's navigation, only cold purpose. On the iPhone you have little nuances like instant response 'rubber banding' bouncy menu's and simple but effective bright colour schemes... the Storm *is* laggy, is quite dull to look at, and does everything it does without any of the extra 'aaaah!' you got when using the iPhone for the first time.

Apple are the absolute *masters* of UI, and RIM has already learnt a thing or two, but will need to continue their evolution to keep up.

This isn't to say the Storm is going to disappoint, but it's certainly lacking the frills and raw 'pulling' power that has made the iPhone a runaway success.

Ultimately, I'll say it again; tools for the job. If you want an iPhone, get an iPhone because the Storm isn't it. If you want a BlackBerry first and foremost with some of that touchscreen charm, the Storm is perfect.

There's nothing 'toy' about the iPhone - with MobileMe, it offers better communication services than a BIS blackberry (+ push calendar, push contacts - BB PIN IM), but APple certainly is more consumer focused than enterprise, just as RIM is more enterprise focused.

Both devices 'cross over' to the other side with some success, and I'd say is depends on which side you want to stay mostly on that ought to determine your device.

Roll on launch day!
    WOW, THIS GUITAR GUY SHOULD WRITE FOR A CELL PHONE REVIEW WEBSITE !!! Nice opinion though. You might be more at home posting on BGR. That's where the iPhone fan boys hang out.
    11-01-08 07:39 PM

Roll on launch day!
    The lag WILL disappear with upcoming software updates. The 'dull' schemes disappear when you put colorful themes on it. NEXT?
    11-01-08 10:13 PM
    all arguments aside as far as storm vs iphone (not the meaning of my post)

I find it very very hard to believe that any single device (storm included) is going to catch up to the iPhone very soon....

number 1 the economy is garbage all over the place...

and apple whether you guys want to admit it or not created a bar level for a touch screen device.. so many people jumped on it because it was "completely new" nothing like it....

now while I will myself believe that the storm definetly has the idea to be a better product I think its going to be a while before you see a single phone no matter who makes it create the single impact that the iphone did.. and be put into peoples hands as fast as the iphone did...

my reasoning

tons of people have a iphone tons of people left there carrier for a iphone some of those users arent even hard core gadget freaks some are...

There is a ton of people who stay satisfied with what they have for a long time and will never realize the differences between the iPhone and Storm

so that being said the storm could be big but I find it hard to believe that its going to be as record breaking as the iPhone was when it hit the market...

and on one other note .... when the iphone hit alot of the advertising on the media capabilities music/pictures/html browser

well anyone who had a iPod was attracted to it and thats a crap ton of people =)

ohh well.. if they do sell the heck out of this thing I will be really happy... it will make the playing field for the devices harder and make the companys more competitive.. so it would be a good thing
    11-01-08 11:15 PM
    LMAO wow double spacing in posts, the new phad Either that or it was typed in MS word.....
    11-01-08 11:30 PM
    LMAO wow double spacing in posts, the new phad Either that or it was typed in MS word.....
    Nah just an English 101 professor from Crackberry U
    11-01-08 11:37 PM
    So why not just take apart the iphone and study it very well. Then create something very similar to it, with just a different look.....? Hmmm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 11:50 PM
    So why not just take apart the iphone and study it very well. Then create something very similar to it, with just a different look.....? Hmmm.

=(

that wasn't really what I was shooting at.. what I was trying to get across is for a device or technology to hit the market the way the iPhone did most of the device has to be completely new and appealing.... The fact that Rim created something new in the storm isn't going to make that single device take off like the iPhone but the technology that they did create if it proves to be really great it will reflect in the creation of other devices when the average person currently see's a picture of the storm they say cool its like the iPhone and its on verizon!

they don't say HEY AWESOME IT HAS Surepress SCREEN...

When iPhone came out and it was on commercials people were like holy crap that thing looks awsome real internet? all my mp3's whoa no need for a keyboard WHOA WHOA you can tilt it whoa look at him flick the pictures whoa a ton of that first impression is gone when the Storm is coming around.. but this doesn't discredit the fact that The Storm has potential to be a more solid device..

I should put this in my signature (the iPhone is ok but it lacks what I need)
    11-02-08 12:08 AM
    WOW, THIS GUITAR GUY SHOULD WRITE FOR A CELL PHONE REVIEW WEBSITE !!! Nice opinion though. You might be more at home posting on BGR. That's where the iPhone fan boys hang out.

Well I do try to rise above the "OMFG!!!"L�:$ STROM = 31��t ifone suxx" mentality.
    11-02-08 01:37 AM

There's nothing 'toy' about the iPhone - with MobileMe, it offers better communication services than a BIS blackberry (+ push calendar, push contacts - BB PIN IM)

Roll on launch day!

No offense whatsoever but saying the iphone has better communication services is a joke...

I have a iphone and yes its neat

but communication doesn't stop at calendar email and syncing

what about not being able to stay logged into instant messengers while doing other things on the phone and third party apps running in the background

to say that iPhone beats blackberry in communication is a joke...

don't get me wrong I fight about alot of the things that I like about the iPhone but blackberry definitely wins the communication department by far...

even on bis

when you start talking about a media package that the iPhone offers theres something that was done very well on the iPhone videos/pictures/music might take rim a bit to match the experience but what company doesn't struggle with that against apple... think about ipod's
    11-02-08 02:40 AM
    For those that have the iPhone: i read that you can be on multiple web pages at once. Like you can on some pcs where you open a new "tab."

Is this true?

We can't do this on our blackberry, correct?

11-02-08 04:38 AM
    Time will tell, it certainly has a heck of a lot of very desirable features!
    11-02-08 07:46 AM
    No offense whatsoever but saying the iphone has better communication services is a joke...

I have a iphone and yes its neat

but communication doesn't stop at calendar email and syncing

what about not being able to stay logged into instant messengers while doing other things on the phone and third party apps running in the background

to say that iPhone beats blackberry in communication is a joke...

Riiiiiiight, that's why my Bold lies useless gathering dust in my draw. Of course you can stay logged into IM - check out BeeJive, and offers a single client for most chat services in one place, that keeps you logged in, pushing notifications to you.

The only thjing I don't have, is BB IM, and Enterprise access, hence why I'd like a BB for work.

And do, the Storm does not have tab-browsing (as in opening new browser windows).
    11-02-08 08:03 AM
    What you'll find, holding each device in hand, is that there is no 'joy' in the Storm's navigation, only cold purpose. On the iPhone you have little nuances like instant response 'rubber banding' bouncy menu's and simple but effective bright colour schemes...
    You know maybe that's something that annoys me about it. The iPhone is too Fisher-Price.

Flame on.
    11-02-08 08:47 AM
    For those that have the iPhone: i read that you can be on multiple web pages at once. Like you can on some pcs where you open a new "tab."

Is this true?

We can't do this on our blackberry, correct?

Yesit is true.
    11-02-08 09:31 AM
    all arguments aside as far as storm vs iphone (not the meaning of my post)

I find it very very hard to believe that any single device (storm included) is going to catch up to the iPhone very soon....

number 1 the economy is garbage all over the place...

and apple whether you guys want to admit it or not created a bar level for a touch screen device.. so many people jumped on it because it was "completely new" nothing like it....

now while I will myself believe that the storm definetly has the idea to be a better product I think its going to be a while before you see a single phone no matter who makes it create the single impact that the iphone did.. and be put into peoples hands as fast as the iphone did...

my reasoning

tons of people have a iphone tons of people left there carrier for a iphone some of those users arent even hard core gadget freaks some are...

There is a ton of people who stay satisfied with what they have for a long time and will never realize the differences between the iPhone and Storm

so that being said the storm could be big but I find it hard to believe that its going to be as record breaking as the iPhone was when it hit the market...

and on one other note .... when the iphone hit alot of the advertising on the media capabilities music/pictures/html browser

well anyone who had a iPod was attracted to it and thats a crap ton of people =)

ohh well.. if they do sell the heck out of this thing I will be really happy... it will make the playing field for the devices harder and make the companys more competitive.. so it would be a good thing
    I don't want it to be. I'm not an important business guy so I'm one of those "consumers" that BB is trying to pick up with the Storm. The reason why I didn't get the iPhone, even as a AT&T customer, is because I didn't want to deal the horrible service. Throw away the games, apps, themes, and all other unnecessary BS, a phone without good reception is worthless. And after jumping from carrier to carrier as I have within the last year, I have come to realize Verizon is the best hands down. And now they have finally come out with a phone that is comparable to the iPhone or in some eyes better, I'm for it. Functions aside I think the Storm will be better just because its on Verizon's network. Whether or not it gets the attention it deserves or sells more than the iPhone is a mute point. Personally, I would rather have a phone that alot of other people don't have because then it gives you that "unique" edge. "Consumers" like myself generally go for the iPhone. I'm gonna be different and go the other way.
    11-02-08 12:57 PM
    You know maybe that's something that annoys me about it. The iPhone is too Fisher-Price.

Flame on.
    Lol, fisher price? Please. The iPhone is a quality phone. It also happens to have a nice design and a very intuitive UI. Whatever, counting from the Storms release date, the iPhone (starting on the Storms release date) will have more units sold than the Storm by the end of the year.. Actually, lets make that forever. It's hysterical how bias some people are. BlackBerries are good devices. So are iPhones.
    11-02-08 01:00 PM
    Lol, fisher price? Please. The iPhone is a quality phone. It also happens to have a nice design and a very intuitive UI. Whatever, counting from the Storms release date, the iPhone (starting on the Storms release date) will have more units sold than the Storm by the end of the year.. Actually, lets make that forever. It's hysterical how bias some people are. BlackBerries are good devices. So are iPhones.
    The guy never said the iphone sucked, he commented on the other persons observations and referenced it to fischer price, which honestly, I could see the connection.

There was no bias in that dudes post, he just commented on how the UI, to him, seemed childlike, **With the rubber band like/bright simple colors per the previous post**, that's not bias, that's personal opinion, especially considering he didn't bash the device itself, just what he didn't like, he never said it was a bad phone, nor the build quality was horrible, nor that blackberries were better, so not sure where you are coming from.

I agree with you, the iphone is a quality product, and will probably not be topped on sales for some time to come, if ever. I believe rhapsody is far supreme to itunes, but it will never touch itunes, apple is good at what it does. Not alot of companies can touch it. It's like Gibson Guitars VS Yamaha .... no chance in the world a company can face up to the legacy and image of such dominant companies.
    11-02-08 01:17 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD