Has anyone else had this issue? Mine just started doing it today- and I have done nothing to the device (that I know of)

You get an email...the little red light flashes to let you know. you que up the screen...click on the appropriate email/sms read it...and then go back to the home screen.

Only to notice that there's another Asterisk like you got another message in that same folder you were just in. So you click on it- and nothing there- only the opened messages you had from before.

You go back- and it's gone. You turn the into landscape mode- and then back- and WHOA...it's back!

This has been driving me nuts!

I already did a battery pull.

Anyone else experiencing this? If so- were you able to figure out why- and then able to figure out how to fix it?

Thanks!
    12-17-08 04:27 AM
    yeah mine's wonky with 0.76. sometimes it stays on, sometimes it never comes on...
    12-17-08 05:27 AM
    I had the leaked .75 and mine just started doing it yesterday. I couldn't get it to go away no matter how many battery pulls I did or searches for a solution. When I clicked on the BB menu button and came back to the home screen it would be gone but only for a minute or so and the asterick would pop rt back up.

So I did a complete wipe and reinstalled the OS w/ the official .75 and it's gone now.... for now. I'll update later.
    12-17-08 10:10 AM
    Been having the same issue since I installed .75, annoying as ****.
    12-17-08 10:20 AM
    still hasn't done it to me since I did a wipe and reinstall
    12-18-08 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD