Are the Storms that different in the functions they provide from those of the other BB products? Having switched from an HTC S621 to the Storm I actually gained in a few ways. Or course this is based solely on my type of usage. For gains, the browser speed is much faster (part of this is due to having to move from Unicel to Verizon under the buyout agreement), the landscape mode click keyboard works better for me than the more cramped QWERTY of the HTC, and it is easier for me to read text on the Storm. I use mine primarily for telephone calls, receiving e-mail alerts on investment issues, placing buy/sell orders when I am away from my desktop computers, and I have learned to text message my two sons (they always used that feature on their previous phones). So for me, the Storm has provided additional and improved functionality. The question I am asking, are they better, worse or similar to the other BB phones being sold?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    04-05-09 09:13 AM
    Are the Storms that different in the functions they provide from those of the other BB products? Having switched from an HTC S621 to the Storm I actually gained in a few ways. Or course this is based solely on my type of usage. For gains, the browser speed is much faster (part of this is due to having to move from Unicel to Verizon under the buyout agreement), the landscape mode click keyboard works better for me than the more cramped QWERTY of the HTC, and it is easier for me to read text on the Storm. I use mine primarily for telephone calls, receiving e-mail alerts on investment issues, placing buy/sell orders when I am away from my desktop computers, and I have learned to text message my two sons (they always used that feature on their previous phones). So for me, the Storm has provided additional and improved functionality. The question I am asking, are they better, worse or similar to the other BB phones being sold?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I have been using HTC phones for the past few years.....from XDA to XV6700 to XV6800, the Storm is so much better. IE Mobile is a joke. It just cannot render a web page correctly. Also, HTC phones feel cheap and whimpy when comparing to BB phones.

This is my first BB. As far as I know, the Storm is built on top of the existing BB phone architecture. It just provide a touch screen interface. But in my humble opinion, it vastly improves the user experience because of the touch screen, the full screen landscape mode and the accelerometer. These features are the ways of the future. Converged devices without these important features will ultimately be eliminated.
    04-05-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I would say it depends upon where you came from. I dealt with (deal with) several technology platforms as a sys and network admin but didn't get a Blackberry personally prior to Storm so I don't think they're that much different and your topic was on my mind when I set up a Professional server with Curve environment from a different carrier than my own recently.

They are very different for some 3rd party apps where you may have to be in or out of compatibility mode, may not have display both ways or may not have your whole screen filled.

At this point I think of the Niagra coming, see the obvious similarities and differences and think I'd rather have my big display area and type faster with Sure Type than have the keyboard.

I am sure 50 year old eyes influence my desire for screen real estate over keyboard real estate. As far as better or worse, I think people should make sure they know how to type and edit with it and consider Sure Type.
    04-05-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD