I'm on mine constantly with texts & emails. on the phone maybe 1 - 2 hours a day. I just went 3 days without charging. I like to go all the way down to 5%, and then charge fully to 100% pulling the charger as soon as it hits 100.
    i never had a battery that lasted that long and i'm on my 15th phone in 9 years!
    (not including replacements)
    just keep the phone in the magnetic holster when you're not using it, and you're good.
    01-22-09 10:14 AM
    I charge mine everyday with some data useage not alot, still running .75 dont know if thats my problem or not
    01-22-09 10:18 AM
    I still have .75 with moderate to heavy use and it doesn't last more than 24 hours. Screen res set to 10%. GPS is on and no BT connected. I hope the update helps when they release it.
    01-22-09 12:46 PM
    iPhone battery life SUCKS. Both of my bosses have them and they get between two and five hours tops. I can easily go all day without charging and I play with my Storm all the time. I got an extra battery just in case but haven't needed it yet.
    01-22-09 10:48 PM
    Its all about letting the battery run down until it turns red then give it the full charge. I use mine in a moderate to light manor and have no problem getting 3 days out of a charge. In fact usually i have to play a couple games of brickbreaker to run the battery into the red so i can charge before i got to bed.
    01-22-09 11:22 PM
    I'm on Storm 2. Day 2 of storm 2 i had a 4/5 full battery before I went to bed and woke up 7 hours later to a dead phone. Was not happy. Barely got through 12 hours today and it was dead again. The only thing that's keeping me from bringing this one back is that it is running so well. My first one was very buggy! This one is fast and smooth but the battery sucks! I'm still waiting for the official OS update to come out. Hope that fixes the battery life. I've tried uploading the leaked versions of .76 and .86 to no avail. But overall I like the storm. I still think to go back to my 8830, but then I open the browser on my storm and forget about my 8830.
    01-23-09 12:41 AM
    easily the storm; not to mention you can buy multiple/longer lasting batteries.
    Yeah, that's the key, at least with the storm you can throw on a spare battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:50 AM
    iPhone battery life SUCKS. Both of my bosses have them and they get between two and five hours tops. I can easily go all day without charging and I play with my Storm all the time. I got an extra battery just in case but haven't needed it yet.
    You make an excellent point ... not to mention that with the Storm, you can replace a battery when it becomes end of life. What happens with the iPhone when the batter will no longer accept a charge? Become an expensive paper weight?? Actually that is a question. I bought my daughter a touch iPod for Christmas, and the battery failed within a couple of weeks. It was under warranty so took it back to the Apple store. The had to replace the entire unit because they are unable to replace a battery. I assume the iPhone works the same way.
    01-23-09 01:33 AM
    My Storm's battery life is pretty good! It has never died on me, except when I made it do so. Even then, it took two days for it to die! Don't know why others are getting such poor battery life...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 06:28 AM
    I have no problem with my battery life...a day and a half with moderate use.

Go Steelers!!
    01-23-09 06:32 AM
    Its that time again for me, my 2 years is soon to be up and my Pearl's trackball is hanging on for dear life.

I have been looking into either a Storm or an iPhone, and it has boiled down into this:

Which phone has better average battery life?

This is important to me because I can be away from a charger for 20 hours at a time, usually in constant use of the phone (via txting, phone calls, e-mails). My Pearl, somehow, has been able to withstand this abuse without the need to buy an extended battery and I was wondering if the Storm could do the same with the huge touchscreen.

So Storm crew, whats your average battery life?
    Well I can tell you this much...I had tickets to the Inaugaration Tuesday and went with my buddy who has an iPhone 2G and I went with my Storm. We both charged completely overnight at hotel before going. My battery was shot by the time his had a little bit left...HOWEVER...I just dropped in the spare battery I had with me (which was fully charged) while his phone went totally dead 1 hour later.

This was after heavy picture taking, videos, twitter/facebook updates, sms and the like.

Storm 1
    iPhone 0
    01-23-09 06:36 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD