Okay, a little backstory....I have had my storm for a long time and love it. I recently upgraded to 5.0.0.230 and really love it. I have a bluetooth player for my storm that transmits the audio through my stereo in my car. When I take my storm and try to play music through my wife's car, using the standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, the audio doesn't play through the cable. It's like it doesn't even know the cable is plugged in. The music plays through the speaker on the phone like a speakerphone. I have tried, restarting the phone and turning off the bluetooth on the phone to try to see if that works. I can't seem to find the problem. I'm going on a trip soon and we're taking my wife's car and I really want to be able to play Slacker through the phone and use my music that I already have on the phone as my media player.

Please help. I can't seem to find any settings that might be causing the problems.

Oh, BTW, this has worked before. On this OS and on the previous OS.

Thanks in advance.
    10-12-09 09:01 AM
    Well I actually have a similr problem. When using regular headphones (not the phone headphones) and I get an incoming phone call, I need to hit send to answer, unplug then plug back in my headphones in order to hear the conversation. If I don't unplug then replug, the phone will act as if there's no headset plugged in and come out the phone earpiece.

Dunno of it helped but try playing the music, then unplug and plug the cable back in while its still playing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 10:51 AM
    Well I actually have a similr problem. When using regular headphones (not the phone headphones) and I get an incoming phone call, I need to hit send to answer, unplug then plug back in my headphones in order to hear the conversation. If I don't unplug then replug, the phone will act as if there's no headset plugged in and come out the phone earpiece.

Dunno of it helped but try playing the music, then unplug and plug the cable back in while its still playing

You are stuck in headset mode and there are two fixes for this. The first is to simply try and pull the headset jack in and out several times while playing music. If that doesn't work then take a Qtip, remove the cotton from one end and place that end inside the jack that should unstick it for you.

OP I recommend you try this as well, apparently you are locked out of headset mode and that's what you need to be able to play music through the 3.5mm jack you are using. Can't guarantee it will work but give it a try.
    10-12-09 11:03 AM
    I think I got misunderstood. When playing music, its comes clear through the headphones. But while listening to music and a call comes in, when I answer it, the voice doesn't come out of my headphones even though my headphones are still plugged in. I need to unplug then plug Back the headphones in inorder to hear the person talking through my headphones.

10-12-09 02:13 PM
    Okay, a little backstory....I have had my storm for a long time and love it. I recently upgraded to 5.0.0.230 and really love it. I have a bluetooth player for my storm that transmits the audio through my stereo in my car. When I take my storm and try to play music through my wife's car, using the standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, the audio doesn't play through the cable. It's like it doesn't even know the cable is plugged in. The music plays through the speaker on the phone like a speakerphone. I have tried, restarting the phone and turning off the bluetooth on the phone to try to see if that works. I can't seem to find the problem. I'm going on a trip soon and we're taking my wife's car and I really want to be able to play Slacker through the phone and use my music that I already have on the phone as my media player.

Please help. I can't seem to find any settings that might be causing the problems.

Oh, BTW, this has worked before. On this OS and on the previous OS.

Thanks in advance.
    I had this same exact problem, & it only happened as soon as i upgraded the 5.0.0.230 (tho this was the hybrid, not the full one). Regular headphones worked fine (tho occassionally I'd go into voice dialing for no reason), but as soon as i tried it in my car w/ 3.5-3.5 cable, it'd work for maybe a couple seconds, then as soon as it moved an inch, it started screwin' up! My only fix was going back down to a 4....OS, but eventually I wound up getting a replacement phone b/c of more headset issues.

So i'd say try downgrading & wait for another 5.0.0.xxx to hopefully fix!
    10-12-09 05:48 PM
    I think I got misunderstood. When playing music, its comes clear through the headphones. But while listening to music and a call comes in, when I answer it, the voice doesn't come out of my headphones even though my headphones are still plugged in. I need to unplug then plug Back the headphones in inorder to hear the person talking through my headphones.

Do you hit the headset icon after you answer your phone? that's what I always have to do if i'm listening to regular headphones (w/o the mic in-line).
    10-12-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD