I took a video of my Storm laying flat on the table. It shows how the accelerometer can work just by moving the device laterally. This explains why even if you don't have it at a 45 degree angle when setting it down on a table it can still go into landscape. This is a very annoying feature if you're moving too.

The white paper is there just to help it slide on the table top.

Running .103
    Last edited by deepsky94; 02-20-09 at 11:36 AM.
    02-20-09 11:08 AM
    Without watching the video or knowing what OS you're running, if you're still on .75 the next update will make the accelerometer far less "twitchy".
    02-20-09 11:10 AM
    Watch the video and try it on yours. I'm curious if everyone's acts like this.
    02-20-09 04:03 PM
    Doesn't seem to do this on mine with .103.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 04:43 PM
    Doesn't seem to do this on mine with .103.

second that, also .103
    02-20-09 05:33 PM
    I just upgraded to .103 last night. Mine is fine also.

02-20-09 05:40 PM
    Wow, that sucks. Even if I hold it flat in my hand and shake it left to right it goes to landscape.
    02-20-09 05:42 PM
    I'm using .103 and it happens on mine, like on the video.

That being said, I've never done that before, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to bummed out or something.

This isn't any kind of shock to me that it might do this, i.e. being "tricked" by the motions (shaking east/west, etc) and going into landscape, and vice versa.
    02-20-09 06:04 PM
    Watch the video and try it on yours. I'm curious if everyone's acts like this.
    Mine will switch into landscape while in the car cradle vertically if I hit a few bumps in the road which is pretty irritating. To make matters worse, won't switch back until I remove from cradle, move it into real landscape and back to vertical. Can be quite a distracting game on bad roads.
    02-20-09 06:07 PM
    yeah i am fcing the same problem regardless the version i run. i ran almost every version posted.. i am at 103 now. BB Storm will never be an Iphone... i guess if you are loyal to RIM you will have to deal with the minor crap like this
    02-20-09 07:20 PM
    Well, I'm glad to hear other see this happening. Makes me not feel so alone.
    02-20-09 10:00 PM
    I always have mine on landscape so I can't say it really bothers me. But I do hate when it goes to the portrait and won't go back to landscape, even if I shake it. Can't wait for that to get fixed.

02-21-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD