Qualcomm Bringing Flagship Gigahertz Processing to Mainstream Smartphone

Could RIM introduce this chipset in the next Storm? Maybe, maybe not. From the listed capabilities, it sure fulfills a lot of them. The only question would be about LTE support. After all, who wouldn't want a Storm3 with an 800MHz (1GHz capable) CPU, 8MP camera with flash, 720p video shooting, 5.1 surround audio capabilites, 8GB of onboard app/OS memory (with 32GB MicroSD card support), 802.11n WIFI support, completely revamped OS with OpenGL ES and OpenVG to rock the market?

I know I do... Throw some LTE love at it and bring that beyotch down. Are you listening RIM....?

Here's some info on the MDM9600 chipset LTE/CDMA love... mmmmm
    Qualcomm Now Sampling Industry's First Dual-carrier HSPA+ and Multi-Mode
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 11-13-09 at 11:33 AM.
    11-13-09 11:30 AM
    That would be awesome, no doubt about it...
    11-13-09 11:34 AM
    I think I just got a little aroused...
    11-13-09 12:50 PM
    Now, to play Devil's Advocate (my favorite role btw ), what if Apple brings Verizon an iPhone sporting this chipset mid to late 2010? Ooooo, Ahhhh!
    11-13-09 03:50 PM
    lol, i would also enjoy seeing this
    11-13-09 03:54 PM
    Qualcomm Bringing Flagship Gigahertz Processing to Mainstream Smartphone

Could RIM introduce this chipset in the next Storm? Maybe, maybe not. From the listed capabilities, it sure fulfills a lot of them. The only question would be about LTE support. After all, who wouldn't want a Storm3 with an 800MHz (1GHz capable) CPU, 8MP camera with flash, 720p video shooting, 5.1 surround audio capabilites, 8GB of onboard app/OS memory (with 32GB MicroSD card support), 802.11n WIFI support, completely revamped OS with OpenGL ES and OpenVG to rock the market?

I know I do... Throw some LTE love at it and bring that beyotch down. Are you listening RIM....?

Here's some info on the MDM9600 chipset LTE/CDMA love... mmmmm
    Qualcomm Now Sampling Industry's First Dual-carrier HSPA+ and Multi-Mode
    awesome thraed!!!!!! Your wrong for teasing me like this. Storm 3??? and my dumb azz will most likely get it when it comes out. thanks for the find.
    11-13-09 03:54 PM
    Uhh, I just felt a little tingle...
    11-13-09 04:15 PM
    I think I just got a little aroused...
    same here! lol
    11-13-09 04:17 PM
    We can dream. Only problem is, with all the other phones that may be getting the technology in the short term, will RIM be able to get it out fast enough to retain the speed freaks?
    11-13-09 04:20 PM
    Haha good joke. The battery dies fast enough with the processor it's got now, add a few 100 more mhz and what would happen? BTW the OS would probably still suck even with Open GL
    11-13-09 05:55 PM
    RIM isn't going to give us that until all the other phones on the market have 3 GHz processors and are running Android 6.5.

My guess is the Storm 3 will have 600 MHz, 512 MB of RAM, and a still pathetic operating system...

Yes, I've all but lost faith...
    11-13-09 06:39 PM
    RIM isn't going to give us that until all the other phones on the market have 3 GHz processors and are running Android 6.5.

My guess is the Storm 3 will have 600 MHz, 512 MB of RAM, and a still pathetic operating system...

Yes, I've all but lost faith...
    I hear you. Right now, I don't think my next phone will be a blackberry.
    11-14-09 02:38 AM
    I hear you. Right now, I don't think my next phone will be a blackberry.
    I just posted the same thing in another thread, but I think we've reached the point where even the most die hard supporters among us are just tired and fed up. When I buy a phone for certain advertised functions and then they don't work it gets me a little upset, but at first I was like "well, it's new...they will fix it," but now after an entire year there are things on this phone that worked last November and don't work now. but hey, at least it has flick scrolling, right?
    11-14-09 03:33 AM
    And the flick scrolling is just that, "flick scrolling". It's not even kinetic yet.

BTW, to the battery statement up top, mine lasts a day and a half depending on use, sometime just a full day (more then 12 hours). From the people reporting in the Droid forums, the battery life is about the same on that phone... don't knock it too hard, they seem somewhat comperable.... a lot depends on screen backlight settings and such.
    11-14-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD