I've done everything outlined here on other forums about how to upgrade the OS on my 9530. I'm running .75 and want to upgrade to .109. I've downloaded it to my PC, executed the program, turned the internet off, opened DM, plugged USB into the Storm, opened the "Application Loader" , selected "Update Software".....it does it's think for a short while....next thing I see is

NO UPDATES ARE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME

What am I doing wrong???? About ready to pop several beers to figure this one out!! Even when I do figure it out.....I'm still going to pop the beer.

GURUs help!!
    Last edited by zippay; 03-14-09 at 11:05 AM.
    03-14-09 10:45 AM
    Try uninstalling DM and reinstall it but this time select the option to allow DM to look for updates automatically. It should find the new OS that you install automatically and ran it from there
    03-14-09 11:13 AM
    Jup...I did uninstall the DM and re-installed last night but didn't do the automatic update thing...thanks, I'll try that...
    Last edited by zippay; 03-14-09 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-14-09 11:20 AM
    Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file and before you launch DM, turn off your Internet connection.
    03-14-09 11:29 AM
    One thing that might help is to be sure you put the OS files in a folder where you have most of your BB files. I've created one folder for all the downloads, 3rd party apps, and such, and 109 install was a snap to find and execute.
    03-14-09 11:32 AM
    A: You don't need to delete the vendor file, you're on Verizon.

B: I was having the same issue. I uninstalled the device software and DM from my PC, rebooted. Then reinstalled DM, rebooted. Then reinstalled device software, rebooted. Then ran DM, plugged in BB, and YAY success.

I am assuming DM doesn't like installing new device software more than once. I think it needs to be reinstalled to "see" the device and the new software.

Best of luck.....

Oh, and if its really being difficult, back up your phone, back up 3rd party apps, and when you reinstall DM and device software and plug your BB in do it with the battery pulled. Follow the directions in Blackberry 101 to fix a nuked/bricked BB.

Best of luck!
    03-14-09 12:10 PM
    Make sure the OS is installed on your computer. Look in:
    Program Files/Comon Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

You should see the OS you are trying to install. If you see more than one OS, I recommend uninstalling any you are not now using through Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. If you keep your downloaded version you can always reinstall at a later date if you decide to downgrade.

Assuming the OS is installed on your computer, then go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Reseatch in Motion/AppLoader
    delete the Vendor File and double clich the Loader.exe file and it will install the OS.

This process eliminates the difficulties many people have with DM.

Also, you do NOT want to install DM with the option to look for updates automatically because it tries to go to the internet to look for Official updates if that is checked.

In addition, a number of people have difficulty with DM 4.7, I suggest going to Blackberry and downloading either version 4.5 or 4.6, they seem to have fewer bugs. I use 4.6

Good luck.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 03-14-09 at 12:24 PM.
    03-14-09 12:21 PM
    Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file and before you launch DM, turn off your Internet connection.
    Very important! For a while I couldn't understand why I I wasn't able to update my old blackberry. THIS was my only problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD