Hey everyone. I'm new, so sorry if I posted this under the wrong category.

I guess I'll start from the beginning.. Yesterday my Storm decided to junk out on me once again. It rebooted itself randomly and displayed a screen saying "Catastrophic Assertion Failure". I tried everything, with no luck. Eventually, I managed to wipe it completely and re-install the OS. It was good for about 10 minutes.

As of now, it won't turn on, and if I connect it to my computer all that happens is the red light will come on (no flashing, just stays on) and it will start connecting and disconnecting. The phone itself wont even turn on. And I've tried charging it for 9 hours now. I've tried every tip and trick I can find on these forums. The main problem is that it won't stay connected long enough for me to do anything. I can't even wipe it again with the JL program (whatever it's called).

I've read around and notice that alot of people say that in the Device Manager, their blackberry shows up under one of the USB Root Hubs when they hook it up. Mine however shows up in its own category as Blackberry, with a sub category labeled Blackberry Device.

I'm not sure if this is the problem and reason that it won't stay connected.

That's the only thing I can think of, so if anybody has a solution or even another reason as to why this is happenning I would be glad to hear your ideas! I'm hoping for calls back about jobs in the next few days so this phone is a must have for me :smileysad:

Oh and if it helps at all, I have the most recent version of Desktop Manager, and I installed the latest OS last night before it crashed 10 minutes later. I'm using windows vista

Thanks!
    04-11-11 09:21 PM
    I have same problem, please if you know someting tell me please help me.
    07-15-11 01:42 AM
    Guys, there's no sure shot troubleshooting step to resolve this issue. What we have done is we have kept on trying different combinations. Attempt to use a different PC, disconnect the battery from the device for 5 - 6 hrs and keep it turned off. Reattempt again. See if that helps. Let me know all what you have tried and we'll see if we can add our two bits to it.
    07-15-11 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD