My battery seems to be draining very fast. Ex. Take it off the charger @ 100% when i leave for work; make a couple of short calls on the drive, lock the screen when i get to work & 6 hours later when i get off its @ 25%...not using the browser, texting or anything...bluetooth is disabled...could it be a bad battery or something running in the background i am unaware of. Any help would be great...Thnx
    12-11-08 01:19 AM
    Are you losing signal at work? Make sure you set your network to 1ev. Also people have been saying weatherbug might be a battery killer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:22 AM
    Check your display settings for backlight durations/brightness, and if your blue tooth is on. All those sap the battery.
    12-11-08 01:22 AM
    Are you losing signal at work? Make sure you set your network to 1ev. Also people have been saying weatherbug might be a battery killer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not losing the signal at all...work in central PHX...pretty good coverage...what's weatherbug?
    12-11-08 01:36 AM
    Check your display settings for backlight durations/brightness, and if your blue tooth is on. All those sap the battery.
    bluetooth is off...turned brightness down to lowest setting yesterday & backlight auto-dim is set for 10 sec...
    12-11-08 01:42 AM
    im having the same exact problem, i charged my fone with a diferent charger and it worked fine, then i used a 3rd charger and it did the same thing, dont no whats going on
    12-11-08 01:55 AM
    A rule of thumb for me at least, is to what I call "trickle charge" the phone battery the first time. Basically what I do is charge my phones using a USB cable the first time. USB doesn't provide as much current/voltage/whatever as the adapter does, and charges slower and I think more thoroughly. All my batteries, as well as the wife's batteries, have never once had a charge problem. Not sure what type of charger the Storm comes with as I've not gotten mine yet, so USB charging may not be usable. You might just have a defective battery. See if Verizon will swap batteries and the charger with you. Either could be defective. If that doesn't solve it, it's a hardware issue.
    12-11-08 01:58 AM
    how about this....realistic

my settings: screen brightness = 10
    gps=off
    bluetooth =off
    etc etc

charged to 100% overnight, took it off charger made one phone call to Vzcustomer service, call was 14 mins long....put in my pocket after call, got dressed 20 mins later looked at status and 85% battery left.

where talking about not even 1 hour off charger for a full nights charge. is this normal?
    12-11-08 02:12 AM
    how about this....realistic

my settings: screen brightness = 10
    gps=off
    bluetooth =off
    etc etc

charged to 100% overnight, took it off charger made one phone call to Vzcustomer service, call was 14 mins long....put in my pocket after call, got dressed 20 mins later looked at status and 85% battery left.

where talking about not even 1 hour off charger for a full nights charge. is this normal?
    same settings here but my results are worse...
    12-11-08 03:49 AM
    usb charging is available for the storm and a light bulb went off over my head when i read your post. Monday after charging all night on wall charger by end of day was at one bar. Tuesday after having on usb then all day at work had half bars left. So for me i think that is what i will be charging with
    12-11-08 05:15 AM
    interesting...guess i'll try the usb charge...
    12-11-08 04:15 PM
    any updates?? my phone gets hot after a wall charge. i took it off today at 10am and it almost died at 2:30. i'm not using the phone much. i just added contacts and try getting my email setup. i think its the battery
    12-12-08 02:46 PM
    USB charge made a world of difference...was at 85% when i got off work last night. Its slower but more effective like u said. Thanks for the help jaysus & shcoon.
    12-13-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD