I've tried battery pulls and looked through all the options on the phone, but can't seem to figure this out.

My Storm 9530 won't dial out. It started 2 days ago. The screen works for typing in emails/txt msgs, but when I attempt to make a phone call to a number that is not in my address book or assigned a speed dial, the numbers won't click. If I push & hold a number (like 1 for voicemail), it will work, but the number 1 won't show on the dial bar.

Help?
    12-30-09 05:58 PM
    I haven't heard of this issue before. The first thing I would suggest is loading a new operating system. I'm not sure which one you're using, but if you haven't yet upgraded to 5.0 then just plug your phone in to your computer and start the desktop manager. It should immediately do an upgrade for you. If you're already using the best official one, then I'd suggest installing .419. That is the most recent leak and is found in the Blackberry OS discussion thread. I've been running that one for a week or so now and its pretty good. Battery life seems to be the only drawback and is minor.
    12-30-09 06:08 PM
    I haven't heard of this issue before. The first thing I would suggest is loading a new operating system. I'm not sure which one you're using, but if you haven't yet upgraded to 5.0 then just plug your phone in to your computer and start the desktop manager. It should immediately do an upgrade for you. If you're already using the best official one, then I'd suggest installing .419. That is the most recent leak and is found in the Blackberry OS discussion thread. I've been running that one for a week or so now and its pretty good. Battery life seems to be the only drawback and is minor.
    OK, so I just did that but still the same problem. It's strange that the problem just started, I've had the phone for a year. Nothing new on the phone other than a theme installed approx 1 month ago. I'm stumped. Thank you for the suggestion, though!
    12-30-09 09:08 PM
    I had the same problem. This guy figured it out : http : //searchwarp.com/swa563532-Blackberry-Storm-9530-Keypad-Problem-What-To-Do-When-Your-Dial-Pad-Wont-Work.htm

I'm not sure why it happened.
    06-17-10 09:44 PM
    Thank you. I just had this happen to me today and came to CB.com looking for a solution. This link & fix worked. Very odd.
    06-25-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD