I was using my BB fine last night and when I woke up my alarm on the phone went off, then after I acknowledged it and put it back on my charging dock, the phone reset... and now it won't come back on!

I get the red restart light, followed by the clock showing up briefly, then it shuts down and repeats, endlessly. I've tried booting it up in safe mode, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Can anyone offer any advice? (Running 5.0.0.419 if it matters)

Thanks in advance.

-CP2
    03-02-10 11:25 AM
    very common issue for bb storm. try removing battery for half an hour then plug it in. try a different battery if you can.
    03-02-10 11:28 AM
    Sounds like it was nuked. Check out this post to recover your nuked BB

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    03-02-10 11:56 AM
    I agree, but what would cause this to happen out of the blue? I left it unplugged for 30 minutes it still won't boot.
    03-02-10 11:58 AM
    I agree, but what would cause this to happen out of the blue? I left it unplugged for 30 minutes it still won't boot.
    Unplugging it wont help you. It is nuked. It could have been an app or a theme or really anything to make it crash. It is just a fluke accident and no one can really know. But you need to follow the link I posted to recover your OS. Hopefully you have done a backup of your personal information lately cause it most likely is toast
    03-02-10 12:03 PM
    So I'm trying to follow these steps... and I can get it to the point where it appears it's letting me load the OS, but after the first reboot, the cycle starts again & I cannot get the phone past the first part of Loading the JVM & Device software. After the phone finishes that, it gets caught up in the loop again.

Help!!

Update Edit: I ended up going to the vzw store and they replaced my phone under warranty. I'm trying to restore everything else now.
    Last edited by CP2; 03-03-10 at 12:03 PM.
    03-02-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD