Hello. Three days ago I may have gotten my Storm wet when sailing, and I'm trying to figure out why it is still not booting. I've taken the battery out immediately and let it sit in a sunny place for the last three days to let it dry out. However, it still won't boot.
    When you put the battery in or plug it in, the red LED goes on for eight seconds or so, shuts off, and nothing else seems to happen for the next few minutes.
    Is the processor toast? Because I can't really afford to replace it at the moment.

There's still a little bit of fog n the screen tho.
    08-25-09 09:45 AM
    i dont put phones in a sunny place to dry them out anymore, havnt had very good luck with it. i normally open up the cover take out the battery and put it in a bowl of rice. have had a lot better luck with it that way
    08-25-09 12:07 PM
    take the battery and battery cover out, and put it in a bag with dry rice for a few days, in the sun if you can work that out...
    08-25-09 12:10 PM
    you win, touche sir...

this goddamn 30 seconds between posts is cramping my style
    08-25-09 12:11 PM
    Thanks. I'm trying that.

oh and...

?
    08-25-09 03:49 PM
    Prawned!!!!1!11

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 03:53 PM
    i dont put phones in a sunny place to dry them out anymore, havnt had very good luck with it. i normally open up the cover take out the battery and put it in a bowl of rice. have had a lot better luck with it that way

eh, I prefer milk and sugar with a little cinnamon with my rice

08-25-09 03:53 PM
    install OS 5.0, reports are it boots randomly on this OS, problem solved.
    08-25-09 04:00 PM
    install OS 5.0, reports are it boots randomly on this OS, problem solved.
    wha happened?
    08-25-09 04:05 PM
    wha happened?
    He missed the part about my Storm not starting methinks.
    08-25-09 04:43 PM
    Well, It's toast and with a $400 ETF I'm looking at using the "materially adverse change of contract" clause.
    Has there been any changes in the last three months that would be considered this?
    08-25-09 04:45 PM
    Well, It's toast and with a $400 ETF I'm looking at using the "materially adverse change of contract" clause.
    Has there been any changes in the last three months that would be considered this?
    You dont have insurance?
    08-25-09 05:00 PM
    $7/mo and I didn't think I would need it.
    besides, like everything else it doesn't cover water damage.
    08-25-09 05:52 PM
    Oh, and my last question so far...
    At what point in the boot-up process is the phone shutting down? I mean, does the red LED serve as a Power On Self Test indicator? that the test is completed or is in progress? Or just that the phone has power and is preparing to start up the chips in order to do the POST or whatever?
    08-25-09 06:06 PM
    Im guessing the battery is just dead lol
    08-25-09 06:21 PM
    $400 ETF? What are you smokin?
    08-25-09 06:26 PM

and is not strong enough to start the screen?

damn, why didn't i think of that?

I tried it, and the screen turns on after the red LED goes off, then after a little while it turns off again. immediately after I unplugged it because the screen is foggy.
    Last edited by Futurdreamz; 08-25-09 at 06:48 PM.
    08-25-09 06:42 PM
    what insurance do you have?

warranty doesn't cover water damage, you need to get your story straight...seems like you're just trying to get one over on the carrier now...suck it up and deal with the consequences of your actions, bro!
    08-26-09 10:53 AM
    $400 ETF? What are you smokin?
    That's what Bell says.
    Still cheaper than buying a new Blackberry at $600
    08-26-09 07:18 PM
    That's what Bell says.
    Still cheaper than buying a new Blackberry at $600
    consider that you're paying for an ETF, but also activation fees, and equipment fees for a new line...you can find a used phone way cheaper than $600, prolly a really good, even new phone in the box for half that...

you don't seem to be very motivated to make this situation work for yourself, you're not at the mercy of the almighty carrier...there are always other options...and you never answered my question, what insurance company do you have?
    08-26-09 07:44 PM
    batter could just be dead, at least one would hope that is the case.
    08-26-09 08:43 PM
    You dont have to tell them it has water damage. Just say you lost it. And I thought that the Asurion insurance covered everything under the sun including water damage.
    08-26-09 08:59 PM
    Well, Because I'm only 17 It's under my mom's card and i don't know what kind of insurance she's got...
    I looked at replacements in Bell and as it turns out they have the Samsung ACE at $99 WITHOUT a contract, so I placed an order for it and it will be here thursday.
    Also, I got a teardown guide and disassembled my phone; The chips have rust on them, so It may be fixable, but I doubt it.

Last edited by Futurdreamz; 08-28-09 at 03:53 PM.
    08-28-09 03:46 PM
    You kiddin' me? Insurance does not cover water damage. Better off saying that you lost it or something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 03:51 PM
    question, and answer this seriously:

why does canada suck so much?

i mean phone insurance is meant to cover lost/stolen/damaged equipment,

damaged

moisture damaged counts as "damaged"....i don't get it, everything is backwards there, it's like when you go south of the equator, the toilet flush spins the other way, but they're north of us, and they still are backwards...
    08-28-09 03:53 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD