So, after doing my research and weighing the pros and cons, I have decided to buy a Storm. A few things to consider:

1) I really like the Verizon network over all others, so I wasn't planning to switch.

2) Today was the day that I became eligible for my "new-every-2" upgrade, so after that discount and the rebate, it only cost my $99.

3)I'm upgrading from the LG EnV2 and I've never owned a BlackBerry device previously. I've always wanted a nice PDA/Smartphone.

I personally feel that the Storm is the best Verizon has to offer at this time, based on what I was looking for. Though I know it has it's bugs/issues, I am confident that most of them will be resolved in time. I've played with one a few times before and aside from the sluggish OS/occasional lag, I thought it was a neat device. I'm hoping I made the right decision. I think I did. Can anyone give me any kind of reassurance?

Also, since I'm new to the world of BlackBerry, can anyone offer any tips/advice?
    12-17-08 04:03 PM
    Read the stickies at the top of this thread! And also the blackberry 101 which you can find at the top of the page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 04:36 PM
    Holy sh!t...I just ordered it this afternoon and it's estimated arrival it tomorrow by 3pm!!!!

12-17-08 09:25 PM
    yea it seems like they aren't backed up with their orders anymore. Hopefully you get a fully working Storm and not one with a screen clicking issue!
    12-17-08 09:26 PM
    You won't be disappointed. There's a learning curve, but this site is a great place to get an info you'll need.

I just got mine two days ago and can't put it down.
    12-17-08 09:30 PM
    Did you get 100 off for NE2? How did your value come out to 100 dollars?
    12-17-08 09:46 PM
    congrats!! and good luck with it! I still haven't put mine down and its been almost 3 1/2 weeks!
    12-17-08 10:05 PM
    Im jealous i ordered mine on the 14th and mine is coming in tomorrow before 3 as well lol. Although mine is coming from PA so there might be more of a backup here in New England. Congrats on your purchase man it seems like you and i will have our hands full (literally) tomorrow, enjoy , I know i will be. I have a Ghost Armor in the mail for me so that should be here in a few days to protect this sexy piece of technology. Also i wish us both good luck with no screen issues and smooth sailing let me know how it goes ill be sure to be on here ranting on how sweet it is.
    My brother just got one and he loves his thats what really sold me on it then just the fact that such an amazing company like RIM made it, It has so much potential to be even better in the future which is hard to imagine. Well have fun Fantom
    12-17-08 10:10 PM
    yea it seems like they aren't backed up with their orders anymore. Hopefully you get a fully working Storm and not one with a screen clicking issue!
    Yeah I got mine within the week I ordered!!!

12-17-08 10:11 PM
    I too researched the Storm for quite some time before purchasing. Had it for 2 weeks now and have no regrets. After updating OS I have to say its working quite well.
    12-17-08 10:57 PM

The Storm is $249.99 with renewal of two-year contract
    -$50.00 Mail-In Rebate
    -$100.00 New Every 2 Discount

Final total: $99.99

(as a little added bonus, a co-worker gave me a $50 Visa gift card to use towards the phone, so in a way, it only cost $49.99)
    12-17-08 11:25 PM
    Im jealous i ordered mine on the 14th and mine is coming in tomorrow before 3 as well lol. Although mine is coming from PA so there might be more of a backup here in New England. Congrats on your purchase man it seems like you and i will have our hands full (literally) tomorrow, enjoy , I know i will be. I have a Ghost Armor in the mail for me so that should be here in a few days to protect this sexy piece of technology. Also i wish us both good luck with no screen issues and smooth sailing let me know how it goes ill be sure to be on here ranting on how sweet it is.
    My brother just got one and he loves his thats what really sold me on it then just the fact that such an amazing company like RIM made it, It has so much potential to be even better in the future which is hard to imagine. Well have fun Fantom
    I agree with "having our hands full"...I've already been planning on what I'm going to do with it...I'm really excited! I haven't purchased any new accessories for it, however, I will probably do so this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping mine has no hardware issues. I will definitely keep everyone posted. See you on the forum tomorrow. Best of luck!
    12-17-08 11:31 PM
    If ur the primary account holder & pay a certain amount each month your NE2 discount will be $100, also with the $50 mail in rebate. Deduct all that from $250....what do you get...$100!!! I know this cuz it's been posted and also it applies to me.

12-17-08 11:38 PM
    yea i have a list of things i would like to accomplish with my storm tomorrow. First the test drive and whether i will be buying a torx screwdriver lol. Then proceed to delete the VZ navigator because its a memory hog. Night Crack berry junkies
    12-18-08 12:01 AM
    Lucky! I ordered mine on Tuesday and they're saying it won't ship out until the 21st...
    12-18-08 12:09 AM
    ouch thats pretty rough. sorry to hear that man but hey think of it this way its still an early Christmas present it seems like once they ship it normally only takes a day to get to your door its just getting them out of the warehouse. Good luck and let me know what you think about the storm... im sure ill be on here tomorrow after my test run
    12-18-08 12:15 AM
    Mine was in my city as of 6:45am (central)...I should have it any moment now...

The suspense is killing me!
    12-18-08 08:27 AM
    Me too. Mine will be here very soon.
    12-18-08 08:43 AM
    Me too. Mine will be here very soon.
    Me three!!! Ahhh!!! I'm actually sick and feeling like crap, but hey I get to be home for my phone!
    12-18-08 08:59 AM
    I just got mine on Tuesday and I love it. This is my first Blackberry and I am in love.
    12-18-08 09:40 AM
    You know, I gotta tell ya that the best thing you can do is read everthing on this website, and play with your phone constantly. I am an addict... yes thats right ladies and gentlemen, I am addicted to my blackberry. When I die, you will have to bury my bb with me...

Also- the storm, well, again, I love this thing. I haven't had any of the problems that folks are talking about on here. I suspect it is just a matter of luck really, but hey I will take it anyway I can get it.

Congrats on your order. Please let us know how things are going for ya after you get your new baby....
    12-18-08 09:53 AM
    Mine is almost here i am dieing with anticipation right now as soon as my door bell rings i will be making a mad dash to the door lol. Its out for delivery right now and i cant sit still lol. Soon ill be in love with one of the greatest devices ever a Blackberry . I cant wait anymore im going crazy lol
    12-18-08 11:46 AM
    Mine is almost here i am dieing with anticipation right now as soon as my door bell rings i will be making a mad dash to the door lol. Its out for delivery right now and i cant sit still lol. Soon ill be in love with one of the greatest devices ever a Blackberry . I cant wait anymore im going crazy lol
    LoL... I just laughed out loud.

Go Bucks
    (and Pats)
    12-18-08 11:50 AM
    OH....

go bucks is right jan 5th is the big dance with those texan's how excited are you for that game?!? wait a tick i had to edit this post lol your from Detriot MI and you love the buckeyes!!! Thats AWESOME! I guess i cant sing the OSU fight song with all my heart because there are a select few good things about michigan now lol.

We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan.
    the whole state of Michigan.
    Cuz We're from OHIO.
    We're from OHIO O.H.!
    We're from OHIO I.O!
    Cuz We're from OHIO.
    Last edited by SRMartin15; 12-18-08 at 12:08 PM.
    12-18-08 12:02 PM
    It is not too late to cancel your order. The Storm is not ready for prime time. I turned mine back in after 3 weeks. Back with the Curve and SO HAPPY.
    12-18-08 12:09 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD