I read a few posts that indicated that the battery would get a deeper charge if charged with the pc's usb port rather than the wall charger but I discovered that while charging with the pc the ringer is turned off. Is there a way to change that?
    12-20-08 08:39 PM
    I don't think it charges as fast on your pc. It seems to take longer. However - when I'm plugged in my phone will still ring. Not sure what's up w/ that.
    12-20-08 08:43 PM
    See if your phone goes into bedside mode when plugged in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 08:45 PM
    If you have mass storage mode on, then the Storm will not ring while connected.

And the Storm/battery circuitry controls charging, not the USB/wall outlet. The USB/wall outlet just provides power.
    12-20-08 08:46 PM
    If you have mass storage mode on, then the Storm will not ring while connected.

And the Storm/battery circuitry controls charging, not the USB/wall outlet. The USB/wall outlet just provides power.
    Thanks Buxleyp
    I changed mas storage mode to off and the phone rings while connected to pc. now I have to go back and look up mas storage mode to learn the function so I'll know when it needs to be on and when it should be off.
    12-20-08 08:56 PM
    Thanks Buxleyp
    I changed mas storage mode to off and the phone rings while connected to pc. now I have to go back and look up mas storage mode to learn the function so I'll know when it needs to be on and when it should be off.
    You can set it to "prompt" instead of on/off, so everytime you plug in you can choose whether to have it enabled.

Mass storage mode allows you to access the files on your Storm/microSD card as "drives" on your computer, just as if you plugged in a USB thumb drive.
    12-20-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD