Hey guys got I hope a small delima going with my Storm. Basically it got dropped in about 2 foot of water and I've had to file an insurance claim on it. (Believe it or not that's not the problem!) I have purchased meterberry, however with the new changes to meterberry the license is tied to your phones DIN/PIN whatever it's called. I bought this from mobihand, and I can change my phones PIN in there control panel and I assume that will change my license key as well?

So with that scenario posed, when I go to load my backup on my new BB do I need to reinstall meterberry, or will I need to change the license key? Will the backup from my old phone even install to my new phone? Is this something the swap device wizard can do with another phones backup? Sorry for the noobish question, I've loaded O/S's, leaks, and all that but I've never had any other blackberry but the Storm and I'm not sure how this is going to work. Trying to make this swap as smooth as possible because I have a ton of calendar, task, contact, email,pictures etc from my old storm I need for my business.

Thanks a lot for the guidance and suggestions in advance!
    11-17-09 10:04 AM
    Everything that doesn't have an activation key should load from your backup along with contacts and such. You should go ahead and download meterberry after you do your backup mainly because you will probably end up having a different activation code and just to be safe as to not put it on and then not have an activation code. (Although, you should be able to load it from a backup, it will just ask you for your code again)
    11-17-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks for the anser amavit. Today I got in contact with the guy over at meterberry and he said I just simply needed to change my pin in the download store to the new phones pin and it would change my activation code to match the phone! Whew.

Fingers crossed this all goes well I got a crap load of info I need off that other phone, now if UPS would get here already.....
    11-18-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD