Can anyone tell me how to tell if my Storm has had moisture damage? Supposedly the VZW tech knows. She tells me to remove the back off of my phone along with the battery. I do so and she says "Look for the pencil reaser sized sticker." I'm looking under the battery and can't find anything that resembles what she is describing, then I look next to the media card and I see this:

forums.crackberry.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9449&stc=1&d=123119595 7

See the little sticker to the top right of the media card? It's red with a little dash in it, well this is supposed to indicate that my phone has been exposed to a higher than recommended amount of moisture. Oh, did you notice that the battery doesn't need to be removed to see this sticker? I thought a tech might know this and not have me remove my battery if it was not necessary. She said that the sticker is "normally" supposed to be pink, or blue , or purple. I thought my sticker indicated that my phone was pregnant! I was told to take my phone to a store to have it looked at or I would need to pay the $50 for an insurance replacement.

By the way, I was calling because my phone reboots occasionally while I am typing and the camera has an incredibly long delay when taking a picture.
    01-05-09 05:02 PM
    Mines like that since I for it from the mail. Don't think that is the water damage sticker.
    01-05-09 05:10 PM
    Mine hasn't seen any moisture and it's red with a white line through it as well. I don't think the VZW rep you talked to knows what they're talking about on the Storm.

I'm not even sure if that sticker is the water indicator sticker, has anyone gotten their sticker wet to see what color it changes to?
    01-05-09 05:10 PM
    mine is red too and i know for a fact that my phone has never gotten wet. Call them again and don't say anything about the stick, worth a try.
    01-05-09 05:11 PM
    mine is red too and i know for a fact that my phone has never gotten wet. Call them again and don't say anything about the stick, worth a try.
    I know it's not the moisture damage sticker. This tech doesn't know this phone from her a**. By the way, while I'm writing this, my Storm just rebooted without me even touching it.
    01-05-09 05:16 PM
    my sticker looks the same too. When you call make sure to choose the option "Blackberry Tech support". The regular people are garbage when it comes to blackberry phones.
    01-05-09 05:19 PM
    the water damage indicator is under the battery. remove the battery and look for a small white strip where the battery sits.
    01-05-09 05:25 PM
    When you remove the battery the moisture indicator is a small white sticker located on the left hand side of the inner part of the phone. There is another indicator located on the bottom of the battery to the left of the gold contacts. So the representative that you spoke with knew exactly what she was talking about.

The red circle with the white line in it over to the right of the media card covers another screw.

You should take the phone into a store so that someone can show you what you should be looking for.
    01-05-09 05:34 PM
    quick question... does anyone know where you can order the red sticker with a white line through it? im sure they are out there somewhere.
    01-05-09 05:41 PM
    Mine is the same as yours...I called Bell and they told me that if the strip is a solid red (which, by the way, is located to the bottom right of the battery, next to the memory card, as shown in your picture) then it has been exposed to water. If it looks like yours, red with a white line through it, then it is ok. Only if it is a solid red does it mean it was exposed to water.
    03-07-09 02:26 PM
    This sticker is Red on all the storms it is to see if the phone has been dismantled in any way... not for moisture that sticker is on the battery and inside the phone itself.
    03-07-09 04:02 PM
    can anyone tell me what the water indicator on the battery itself looks like?

My Storm (only 6 days old!) has a white one with a solid red line through it on the battery. My battery life is horrible, and i know with 100% certainty the phone has never gotten wet or been exposed to any kind of moisture.

Is this white sticker with red line through it normal, or is it an indication of water exposure?
    05-17-09 09:03 AM
    can anyone tell me what the water indicator on the battery itself looks like?

My Storm (only 6 days old!) has a white one with a solid red line through it on the battery. My battery life is horrible, and i know with 100% certainty the phone has never gotten wet or been exposed to any kind of moisture.

Is this white sticker with red line through it normal, or is it an indication of water exposure?
    Yes it is normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:36 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to tell if my Storm has had moisture damage? Supposedly the VZW tech knows. She tells me to remove the back off of my phone along with the battery. I do so and she says "Look for the pencil reaser sized sticker." I'm looking under the battery and can't find anything that resembles what she is describing, then I look next to the media card and I see this:

forums.crackberry.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9449&stc=1&d=123119595 7

See the little sticker to the top right of the media card? It's red with a little dash in it, well this is supposed to indicate that my phone has been exposed to a higher than recommended amount of moisture. Oh, did you notice that the battery doesn't need to be removed to see this sticker? I thought a tech might know this and not have me remove my battery if it was not necessary. She said that the sticker is "normally" supposed to be pink, or blue , or purple. I thought my sticker indicated that my phone was pregnant! I was told to take my phone to a store to have it looked at or I would need to pay the $50 for an insurance replacement.

By the way, I was calling because my phone reboots occasionally while I am typing and the camera has an incredibly long delay when taking a picture.
    actually, there is a sticker that you can see without removing the battery but there is also a sticker on the battery. that's probably why she told you to remove the battery. check the sticker on the bottom of your battery.
    01-12-10 07:16 PM
    I know it's not the moisture damage sticker. This tech doesn't know this phone from her a**. By the way, while I'm writing this, my Storm just rebooted without me even touching it.

My phone has the same problem! When I put it down, it reboots. And my video camera stops at random times, then freezes my phone. I talked to a woman at Telus, and she recommended updating the software to 5.0 and see if it helps.. apparently a lot of people are having the same problems.
    04-16-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD