Is there a huge/big difference between the Pearl #flip and the Storm. Just asking for help. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 06:18 PM
    Other than the obvious form factor and the touchscreen, the core BB OS is roughly the same. The Storm's is newer and significantly faster though (partly due to the newer OS and also because of a faster processor).

The actual functionality, meaning getting e-mail, BBM, and such is roughly the same experience (it's like this on all Blackberrys by design) but the touchscreen makes things easier (web browser, navigation, etc) and some things a little more difficult (speed typing was a big change).

The big question is what form factor do you want? If you want a "phone first" with a little e-mail and such (light usage) then a Flip is probably more up your alley. If you want a medium business usage device that is very media-centric then the Storm is what you want.

I prefer a physical qwerty for heavy usage, but that is just me. I use a Storm on my personal line. Personal e-mail, music, browsing, texting, and phone calls obviously are my main usages but they are all pretty light in terms of usage compared to my work line. I have an 8830 for work due to the keyboard (I could have chosen a Storm for that as well). I find it is easier to bang out e-mails and texts using my 8830.

My Storm is fine for the medium overall usage, plus the music player software is better to me.

I had a Flip for a few months as a weekend device and it wasn't bad. It was a little laggy and slow at times though and that got annoying. Mainly the reason I switched to the Storm full-time. I'm personally debating getting a Storm 2 due to the better SurePress, though I like the screen clicking on my current Storm.

Hope this helps. I would recommend reading some reviews and watching some unboxing videos. May give you a better idea about the device.
    06-25-10 10:01 AM
    Also concerning the flip is that it is already behind the s1 in hardware which means it is light years behind the newer phones. App support, OS support and all other phone related services may well dry up soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD