Hi everyone, I recently had the chance to play with Iphone. Personally, I didn't care for it. As a current Curve user, I would prefer a textile feel much like the storm, which I also played with last night. Blackberry is on the right track with the sure type screen. Current users want the same feel as their current device in a touch screen phone. I think that what BB was heading for. Give it a little time and BB will perfect it. The iphone is a consumer playing device. The storm is a serious business device with the consumer amentities. To each their own.
    11-22-08 08:14 PM
    The storm is a serious business device with the consumer amentities. To each their own.
    Only to ppl that haven't used it yet.
    11-22-08 08:44 PM
    Apples and oranges. There's no use comparing the two devices because, outside of being a touchscreen phone, they're not the same thing. I wish I could get through one Storm thread without seeing the word "iPhone" somewhere in it. It doesn't belong.
    11-22-08 08:46 PM
    16 totally pointless apps that shame the iPhone | News | TechRadar UK

I've heard of some of these...and the ones I haven't, still...wow.
    11-22-08 08:50 PM
    i have a 3g and want a storm also from what i have seen playing with the storm yesterday 3g > storm but still the storm is a good phone its just the iphone is Jesus....
    11-22-08 08:54 PM
    This evening I was browsing the web on my Storm, came upon a web page I thought would interest my daughter, I forwarded it on as a link to her via email.

Then I looked at my old iPhone 3G sitting there on my desk and said, "YEAHRIGHT."
    11-22-08 08:55 PM
    Apples and oranges. There's no use comparing the two devices because, outside of being a touchscreen phone, they're not the same thing. I wish I could get through one Storm thread without seeing the word "iPhone" somewhere in it. It doesn't belong.
    I sincerly think people have a tough time NOT doing this. I dont feel that the iPhone needs to be compared to every device on the market. It doesnt do everything great- neither does a BB.
    Both phones meet different needs and the people who cant resist comparing the two need to come to terms with that!
    11-22-08 08:56 PM
    Oh, please enlighten me as to how the IPhone (non-jailbroken) has copy and paste. This function does not exist...not even in this past weekend's 2.2 update. Trust me, I have been a long IPhone user - slept outside the night of the original IPhone launch and the night of the 3G IPhone launch. It is a very entertaining device...but not a reliable phone for the business world - dropped calls, unsecured email, etc.

Actually it can cut and paste, but you have to jump through about 4 hoops to do it. It can't send or receive MMS messages without jumping through hoops either.
    It can edit word and excel, but you have to purchase the software to do it (that's what I read anyway).
    11-22-08 08:58 PM
    these things that the iphone creaters create is out of pure fun. i think there was an app on there that was 1 million dollars that just gave u some sort of emblum. it was supposed to just show people that u can afford that...lol. are u serious. i think the iphone is great at what it does. but for the things it doesnt do, it cant make up with wit some unnecessary applications. this is my opinion.
    11-22-08 09:02 PM
    Close...the app was $999.99 which is the max Apple will allow an app to be sold for. What you got for $999.99 was a screen that told everyone that you are rich enough to buy this app.

these things that the iphone creaters create is out of pure fun. i think there was an app on there that was 1 million dollars that just gave u some sort of emblum. it was supposed to just show people that u can afford that...lol. are u serious. i think the iphone is great at what it does. but for the things it doesnt do, it cant make up with wit some unnecessary applications. this is my opinion.
    11-22-08 09:03 PM
    will you have to pay for these apps if they come out on the storm. do u have to pay for them on the iphone. if so these phone bills are going to be expensive(not like there not already)
    11-22-08 09:05 PM
    Close...the app was $999.99 which is the max Apple will allow an app to be sold for. What you got for $999.99 was a screen that told everyone that you are rich enough to buy this app.
    lol.. i stand corrected. but **** it might as well have been a million cuz i sure am not rich enough for it..lol

*wow.. this forum is good i thought h e l l would slip by, but they are good enough to know in what context u are using the word in.. cuz i could have sworn i saw that word in someone else's post before..*
    11-22-08 09:07 PM
    Did the developer get to keep any of that money?!?! LOL
    11-22-08 09:09 PM
    I just used a storm this morning, deffinatly not the device for me. Having to press down on the screen? What a joke. No other touch screen device I ever used worked that way and its not for me.

As for the big iphone versus the world argument, the iphone is used by a lot of people and gets into the hands of a huge demagraphic, so people compare it to everything cause its popular. but with that people are trying to use the iphone for things it wasn't made for. The iphone is for taking the internet and your music with you and grabbing emails. Its not a buisness phone, and I hate when people call and complain their iphone doesn't do everything they want (I work tier 2 tech support for the iphone)

Now for me, I've had both iphones, a pearl when it came out and now use a curve. I love the email on BB's, cause that's what they do best, but I'm going back to the iphone cause I love touch screens and was hugely disapointed in the curve.

/end rant

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 09:27 PM
    Iphone has a 4-track recorder app, that's the only thing I'm jealous of. I want to record music whenever I get the urge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 09:33 PM
    I finally got the chance to play around with the Storm for a good 10 minutes. I think the biggest gripe or concern I have is the lag. When I was creating a new SMS message, I rotated the phone to switch between portrait and landscape and it was slow/unresponsive. At one point, it just wouldn't rotate at all. When I press the EndCall button to go back to the home screen, it was about 2 - 3 seconds of delay, which is quite bad, considering a lot of people on most phones use this button to get back to their home screen. Whether or not someone's in a rush or not, this lag can affect trying to make a phone call. Very bad if you're in a rush. And I'm sure it'll become annoying and unacceptable eventually.

That clickThru screen is neat though. When I was testing out the QWERTY in landscape mode, I did make a few mistakes. The auto-correction on the phone is quite bad also, not sure what to say here. With the little time I spent with the phone and clicking around, I can easily see how you can get tired quickly (physically and psychologically) of pressing on it to confirm every action. I still liked the screen though, looked great.

I did not get to go through its paces with the 10 minutes I had with it but that was the thing. It wasn't like there was a line behind me waiting for me to let go for the next person (there was no one waiting to look at it). The reason I only spent 10 minutes on it is because it just wasn't engaging enough. It just isn't what it could've been.

If you can, please stop by a store and try one out, just to see for yourself and whether or not the ** hum reviews thus far make sense.
    11-22-08 10:40 PM
    I sincerly think people have a tough time NOT doing this. I dont feel that the iPhone needs to be compared to every device on the market. It doesnt do everything great- neither does a BB.
    Both phones meet different needs and the people who cant resist comparing the two need to come to terms with that!
    I agree that they both meet different needs, but we also have to realize that the Storm wouldn't even exist with the iPhone and Apple wouldn't be pushing so hard to fix the iPhone if it weren't for the Storm. Competition breeds improvement so I am glad we have both. See my post about the latest iPhone release for more comparisons
    11-22-08 10:49 PM
    who cares if u can play your iphone as a flute no one i mean get a life!!!! really pple come on now and lets see the iphone wifi is faster than the 3g speeds hmmmm thats strange but thats cool if u want to play music man and play your i phone flute go-head
    11-24-08 02:17 PM
    I always laugh when I see stuff like this... no matter who it is...
    UK smacks Apple for another misleading iPhone commercial - Engadget Mobile
    11-27-08 11:39 PM
    I have had the first gen iphone and two 3 gs' one white one black. They are nice phones but the storm rocks. yes it has a few issues but so did the iphone initially i stood in line the 1st iday on friday and didnt have service till sunday night. with lots of crashes and other issues. Its just the price we pay for early adopting. I love the storm heck love the screen. I find my self punching the iphone now at times lol. With mms, blackberry connect copy paste. I will not be going back even if the iphone does at it. Once the storms OS is a little more solid it will be perfect
    11-28-08 01:19 AM
    The Storm and the iPhone are desgned for 2 different markets, with some overlap, and really can't be compared because the playing field isn't level. If RIM was aiming directly at the iPhone's market, the majority of which is made up of casual non-enterprise users, RIM would have dumbed down the Storm.

Touchscreen, beautiful media playback, sleek features... Underneath that the Storm is still a Blackberry. Meaning BIS setup, Enterprise activation, Service Books and a host of other necessary configurations required just to get it working. A lot of you are old hands at 'berries and probably have gotten so used to setting one up you've forgotten how overwhelming it was at first. The Storm is my first 'berry and it took me about an hour to get it going, not counting the time spent on the phone with VZ getting my plan straightened out.

The iPhone is primarily a casual cellphone device with some enterprise communications abilities. The Storm is a more casual Blackberry. Which means while it has some features that will appeal to the more casual cellphone user, it is still an enterprise communications device at its core. They really can't compete squarely against each other, lacking little common ground.
    11-28-08 01:42 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD