Currently using an iPhone, but want to switch to BB for various reasons. I'm familiar with a "glass top" but haven't ruled out a conventional BB. I'd be emailing, txt'ing, GPS, pics, that kind of thing. Any suggestions as to which unit may be best for me. To be honest, I'm a bit leery about the Curve 8830. Seems to be "dated." I see the Bold, the 8900, etc. I'd hate to buy something and have it be out of date in 2 months. I'm open to suggestions.
    Thanks.
    Frank
    03-01-09 06:57 PM
    why are you switching carriers? i would stick with cingular and get the bold youll be much happier!
    03-01-09 07:00 PM
    Stick with the iphone

Storm is cool but not there yet

Curve is dated and boring

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:33 PM
    If you want a buisness phone, the blackberry storm is the way to go, if you want a toy, then the iphone is still right for you.
    03-01-09 07:35 PM
    ATT in our area and in many others just doesn't cut it for me. My wife has Verizon. Lots of times I have to use her phone.
    Frank
    03-01-09 07:44 PM
    I would pick the Storm if you are looking for touch screen. With every new leak we are that much closer to perfection.

Storm can do MMS and background 3rd party applications

Touch / Click takes awhile to get used to but I can type faster on the Storm than I ever could on an iPhone.
    03-01-09 07:45 PM
    ATT in our area and in many others just doesn't cut it for me. My wife has Verizon. Lots of times I have to use her phone.
    Frank
    Ahh, Storm it is then I guess
    03-01-09 07:48 PM
    I use the Storm for work and pleasure. I'm not impressed with the early official OS released (.75), but as the previous poster said, we are getting closer with each (leaked) OS - I'm currently running .109 and enjoying it!

I had a Pearl which I really liked before this - on VZW, but I couldn't comment on the Curve as I've never owned one.
    03-01-09 07:50 PM
    Go with the Bold, trust me.......
    03-01-09 07:51 PM
    I've been reading some good things on the Bold forums - but if AT&T reception in your usage area doesn't work, I guess it's not an option.

Go with the Bold, trust me.......
    03-01-09 07:53 PM
    had both on verizon
    I am decent with technology if you arent go with the curve it runs great - if you are tech savy then the storm is the phone for you not only is it a great messaging phone it can do great things similar to the iphone - every new OS makes it so much better there is so much potential here...
    03-01-09 07:59 PM
    I still use my Curve for my business needs as it is more than capable of handling my heavy useage. The Storm however is not ready for that yet. There are many things to like about the Storm but remembering that it is only 3 or 4 months old is probably the biggest. It at some point will be a more than capable device for all situations but not now. If you are a HEAVY user (emails) then I suggest the Bold (ur on ATT already). If you use email moderately then VZW would love your business. Good luck with your decision...
    03-01-09 08:15 PM
    you might want to borrow someone's storm and try typing on it .
    That was the biggest challenge for me was getting used to the keyboard. I don't even try to use the vertical keyboard, but I guess some ppl prefer it.
    The curve is so refined. Maybe boring but one thing it does is work great and not crash like the new storm I just got. If ur on the go a lot and use the phone a lot and need it in critical situations get a curve.
    03-01-09 08:26 PM
    You can't really go wrong with verizons 30 day return policy. Try out the storm and if ya don't like it return it.
    03-01-09 08:35 PM
    You can't really go wrong with verizons 30 day return policy. Try out the storm and if ya don't like it return it.
    I second this!
    03-01-09 08:40 PM
    Yep either love it or leave it...
    03-01-09 08:40 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and the storm and the bold (but no service,just have it to say i own). Im a huge blackberry fan so most of my income tax return will be spent on the 8900. If your going blackberry you better go bold if not then stick with the iphone
    03-01-09 08:41 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and the storm and the bold (but no service,just have it to say i own). Im a huge blackberry fan so most of my income tax return will be spent on the 8900. If your going blackberry you better go bold if not then stick with the iphone
    Is the 8900 just to say you own it or are you planning to use it with verizon?
    03-01-09 09:00 PM
    If you do allot of emailing and your a heavy user and like to accomplish stuff get something like the 8330 or the 9000 or even 8900. I am serious I have had past experience with the storm, some say it's awesome, ya t is but you can't accomplish much on it, just my .02
    03-02-09 10:21 AM
    the 8900 is gsm only cant be used with verizon if it could id buy one in 2 seconds i love that phone.

heres what i would do since verizon has the 30 return policy and you can cancel the plan for free if you dont like it. take advantage of the bogo blackberry policy get both use them both and you get a real true day by day side by side comparison and that way youll know you made right choice.
    03-02-09 10:45 AM
    I was facing the same decision: storm vs. curve. I decided to just go with the storm and try it out for a week or two and see how I like it since we have 30 days with Verizon. So far it has been a lot easier to type on than I thought but it has frozen twice. Had to take the battery out, etc. which was annoying. I like the Storm a lot more than I thought but still might be trading it in for the curve... my only worry with the curve is that it will be dated in a few months.
    03-02-09 04:16 PM
    Is this an immediate need?
    Why not wait until about the end of the month when the OS should be officially upgraded and the app store is launched.
    Those are projected dates but at least if you do it that way then you should start out with a phone just as good as the iphone or even better.
    Try out the click screen and keyboard. with .109 there are 4 ways to type, that being said my father is a businessman and I'm sure the storm isn't for him. Completely personal preference.
    My uncle has the curve and loves it.
    Why not look into VZW's version of the Bold?
    I love my storm and so recommend it but I would also recommend, as said, looking wisely at every option.
    03-02-09 04:42 PM
    I have a Curve 8330. I love it, especially with the 8900 theme. However, being geek-like, I'd love a new toy. I am a heavy email/text/memo pad user so the keyboard is critical. I am up for new phone in August but could renew now. My big dilemma is whether to continue praying that Verizon will get the 8900 (which is my dream phone) or go with the Storm. I use my phone for business (self-employed) so time spent messing with the phone to get it going is money lost.

Any heavy emailers out there who adapted to the Storm keyboard?

I have Verizon. Other service providers not really possible because Verizon coverage is flawless in my area and the others have serious blackout areas to/from my office, my mom's house, etc.
    03-02-09 04:49 PM
    The 8900 is supposed to come to VZW. Aren't the curve & niagara coming to vzw?

I use my keyboard a lot and I have found that .109 (beta, latest/my first) has 4 ways to type and I find myself using 2--the qwerty portrait and the qwerty landscape. It takes getting used to, it depends on personal preference, but I like it just fine.
    03-02-09 05:35 PM
    I agree I would try it out for 30 days and see what you think!
    03-02-09 06:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD