I never owned a Blackberry till I got the Storm, I cant say that I am that happy with it. I don't want any of the multi media functions. I don't care about the camera. I am just looking for email and sms. I am now on my 4th Storm in 30 days and I got an offer to take it back and get something else. After having the so called best out there will I be disappointed if I get the Curve 8330???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:16 PM
    I never owned a Blackberry till I got the Storm, I cant say that I am that happy with it. I don't want any of the multi media functions. I don't care about the camera. I am just looking for email and sms. I am now on my 4th Storm in 30 days and I got an offer to take it back and get something else. After having the so called best out there will I be disappointed if I get the Curve 8330???

The only thing you would be sacrificing is the screen. You would be going to a screen half the size. But if you are not interested in multimedia then I think you would be OK with the Curve.
    01-23-09 12:20 PM

Please refrain from double posting the same thing in multiple places. One time is more then enough, you will get the answers you need.
    01-23-09 12:21 PM
    negative
    go with the curve
    you'll be pleased with your choice
    I had a curve before i got my storm and based on what your saying you want from a phone the curve would be better for you
    01-23-09 12:21 PM
    The curve is an exceptional phone for everyday use. I think if you were business oriented your best option would be the Bold. However for the price point, you can't beat the usability of the Curve.
    01-23-09 12:22 PM
    Switch to the Curve. You'll love it. Once the kinks on the Storm get ironed out, switch back to it. You'll love the Curve.
    01-23-09 12:26 PM
    i went from curve to storm. and my curve was flawless most of the time. ive been running beta 4.5 OS on it since it came out and never had issues. one batt pull every 2 weeks is nothing. you wont be upset with curve at all.
    01-23-09 01:14 PM
    I am now on my 4th Storm in 30 days and I got an offer to take it back and get something else. After having the so called best out there will I be disappointed if I get the Curve 8330???
    What are your issues with the Storm? It may be that you don't like/dont know how to use Blackberries in general...
    01-23-09 01:18 PM
    If you don't care about browsing speed. My wife has the curve and it is really slow.

01-23-09 01:19 PM
    i would definitely recommend the Curve to you. Especially for the main things you need it for. The Storm is a sweet looking phone but still needs some work if ya ask me. I have the Curve 8330 for Verizon and i love it. Go for it!!!
    01-23-09 01:20 PM
    What are your issues with the Storm? It may be that you don't like/dont know how to use Blackberries in general...
    I think my big issues with it are all the flaws and being on my forth on is a bit discouraging. I do like the screen size but cant handle the delay. In regards to not knowing well some of that might be true however I have spent the last 3+ months reading every thing on Crackberry.com just to help me understand the phone and also to learn how to use it properly.
    I love the idea of the blackberry but the storm might just be a bit to much for me.

01-23-09 01:23 PM
    I've never had a Storm but I've had my Curve for 6 months and I love it. Best phone I've ever owned.
    01-23-09 01:26 PM
    Agree with the posters above. Curve's been out for a year and a it has been refined
    To a point where it can't do any better. It is an emailing and texting machine. Plus the
    Keyboard is great.

You will lose screen resolution as well as size. And it doesn't run on rev a
    So your texts and emails may go a little slower. Only relevant for mms and
    Large email attachments.

Curve seems good for users like you who want to email and text.
    Its outdated though so consider what you are buying. New 89xx will probably
    Be out before you know it.

Agree with the posters above. Curve's been out for a year and a it has been refined
    To a point where it can't do any better. It is an emailing and texting machine. Plus the
    Keyboard is great.

You will lose screen resolution as well as size. And it doesn't run on rev a
    So your texts and emails may go a little slower. Only relevant for mms and
    Large email attachments.

Curve seems good for users like you who want to email and text.
    Its outdated though so consider what you are buying. New 89xx will probably
    Be out before you know it.

The Curve is a great alternative and an amazing phone, if Email & Text are what you will use it most for it is the perfect phone. The browser isn't that slow, and Opera Mini is even faster, I had a Curve for over a year and it is the reason I'm hooked on BB. It's a workhorse, but can play too when you want.

If we knew the date of the Curve II release on VZW I would say wait and get that (assuming you are stuck with VZW), but I can say that the Curve will not disappoint and is still a great phone.
    01-23-09 02:13 PM
    We landed last night and everyone around me whipped out a BB of some sort. Most were Curves.

I was the only with a Storm. It's the newest, greatest, and hottest. Which also means there will be some growing pains.

If you want something tried-and-true (albeit boring), it's the Curve.

I personally wouldn't downgrade but then again, I don't need the 100% efficiency the Curve offers.
    01-23-09 02:15 PM
    the curve is an excellent bb. newbie to bbs or not. if you're not interested in mm capabilities i'd definitely recommend it over any of the other bb.

btw, why choose the storm if you don't care about the multimedia functions?
    01-23-09 02:25 PM
    the curve is an excellent bb. newbie to bbs or not. if you're not interested in mm capabilities i'd definitely recommend it over any of the other bb.

btw, why choose the storm if you don't care about the multimedia functions?
    Because it is the newest hottest thing out and I had the option to. I normally change my phone every year and the Storm just came out in time.

01-23-09 02:28 PM
    ahhhh. the shiny new effect. turns otherwise reasonable people who do research before buying into compulsive carefree card-whipping-out zombies. lol
    01-23-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD