I ran across this girl reveiwing the blackberry Niagara. I hear so many people saying once this phone comes out they will switch from theere storm to the Niagara. anyway, I can't see what the big deal is about this Niagara? Why do people wont this phone so bad? I mean after watching the video about it, I can't see how its better then the storm?? Its a bold pretty much with a new name. wouldn't you guys rather have a touch screen like the storm VS this Niagara in this video??

tell me your thoughts about it
    04-11-09 07:08 AM
    I'm switching from my storm to this bad boy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 07:14 AM
    As much as I love my storm I hate its method of text input. I just want a physical keyboard! I never thought I would miss one so bad

04-11-09 07:15 AM
    I Love The Storm . Have No Real Problems With It.
    04-11-09 07:22 AM
    Because these people are lemmings! Oh, it's the newest one and I want to be able to say that I have one! The same reason most of them bought the Storm in the first place!
    04-11-09 07:26 AM
    I really love my Storm! Wouldn't want to think about switching to the Niagra after having touchscreen...
    04-11-09 07:28 AM
    This has already been posted in the 9630 forums a day ago.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/niagra-video-203335/
    04-11-09 07:33 AM
    I feel it's because the storm came out half cocked and rim/verizon can't seem to be bothered about resolving it

plus on the storm I think blackberry have proved that they arent ready to compete with the big boys yet and people want to go back to what blackberry do best...a business phone with buttons that actually work from the box
    04-11-09 07:36 AM
    I ran across this girl reveiwing the blackberry Niagara. I hear so many people saying once this phone comes out they will switch from theere storm to the Niagara. anyway, I can't see what the big deal is about this Niagara? Why do people wont this phone so bad? I mean after watching the video about it, I can't see how its better then the storm?? Its a bold pretty much with a new name. wouldn't you guys rather have a touch screen like the storm VS this Niagara in this video??

tell me your thoughts about it
    Overall, there are 2 types of people who say that:

1. The traditional BB people who are accustomed to the scrolling ball and physical keyboard, and unable to adapt to the Storm without these 2 features. So they have to go back to their "comfort zone".

2. The Storm-haters who probably don't even own a Storm but trying to create controversy.

Once again, comparing the Storm and the Niagara is like comparing apple to orange. They are for different demographics.
    04-11-09 07:45 AM
    I love my Storm, but I'll be honest, there are times when I wish I had a real keyboard for those longer messages. Even with the short messages, if I start drifting on the keyboard, all sorts of sh*t gets typed...frustrating. I have a nicely clicking screen, etc, but thumb fatigue is still an issue sometimes. Also, select/copy/paste process, regardless of improvements, isn't as easy as if you have cursor control with a trackball. Other than that...I'm with you.

So, personally, I'm tempted by the 9630, but I'm not going to wait in line for one. My Storm is running 109 and going strong. It's not a matter of "which is better". I firmly believe it's a choice over form-factor.
    04-11-09 07:46 AM
    Overall, there are 2 types of people who say that:

1. The traditional BB people who are accustomed to the scrolling ball and physical keyboard, and unable to adapt to the Storm without these 2 features. So they have to go back to their "comfort zone".

2. The Storm-haters who probably don't even own a Storm but trying to create controversy.

Once again, comparing the Storm and the Niagara is like comparing apple to orange. They are for different demographics.
    I agree completely. I came from an 8830 which has a similar keyboard. I got past the learning curve on the touchscreen in less than a week and I love my storm. I can type the same line on my phone with far fewer mistakes than she made trying on a physical keyboard so I don't see typing being any better. Overall the OS appears to be the same as the storm without the ability to touch the screen. Other than this phone having more app memory I don't see the big deal(unless you fall under category #1) and will keep my storm over the 9630.
    04-11-09 07:55 AM
    I love my Storm, but I'll be honest, there are times when I wish I had a real keyboard for those longer messages. Even with the short messages, if I start drifting on the keyboard, all sorts of sh*t gets typed...frustrating. I have a nicely clicking screen, etc, but thumb fatigue is still an issue sometimes. Also, select/copy/paste process, regardless of improvements, isn't as easy as if you have cursor control with a trackball. Other than that...I'm with you.

So, personally, I'm tempted by the 9630, but I'm not going to wait in line for one. My Storm is running 109 and going strong. It's not a matter of "which is better". I firmly believe it's a choice over form-factor.
    I totally understand the keyboard thing as I came from XV6700 and XV6800 before with full slideout QWERTY keyboards. This is the first phone that I have with an on-screen keyboard and I was skeptical about that when I switched over to the Storm. But after 2 weeks, I am used to the blue light and the click. Now I am doing ALL my emails on the Storm and I don't have any typing problem whatsoever.

As I have been saying, touch screen and full-screen landscape mode are the way of the future. Without those features is like taking a step backward. You don't want to go backward when it comes to technology.

RIM has hired Don Lindsay, the designer of Mac OS X, to be their VP of User Experience. So expect to have big improvement on the next major release of Storm (i.e. the Storm 2.1).
    04-11-09 08:04 AM
    and i think that's a lil boy not a girl.... but the BB Niagara looks great but i love my storm to much
    04-11-09 10:08 AM
    and i think that's a lil boy not a girl.... but the BB Niagara looks great but i love my storm to much

whatever it is they were annoying as ****....I had to mute the video
    04-11-09 10:56 AM
    Well if you loved your 8830 and don't love your Storm then this is the phone for you. It is basically the next evolution of the 8830 using features from the Bold and built for the newer OS's. I think it will be a great phone but I've grown attached to the size of the Storm screen and I can type on it as fast as I need to (which isn't very fast LOL). I don't need a new phone just a decent OS for the Storm and I'll be happy.
    04-11-09 11:02 AM
    yea really i dont think it is a matter of trendiness as in needing the newest one the last physical keyboard BB for vzw was the 8330 curve which is over a year old so those of us who like the physical keyboard want a newer device with the bells and whistles the storm has such as more memory better resolution screen and faster processor but while retaining the physical keyboard. idk why every storm user is jumping ship personally they are very similar devices and it will give users a fair choice between keyboard or touch. instead of touch or outdated device.i owned a storm for about two weeks and it was great device but i did happen to get a defect and at that time i heard of the niagra coming out so i returned my storm and went back to my curve. now however since it appears we might not see the 9630 until frigging august i am debating giving the storm another shot and not go with the 9630
    04-11-09 11:59 AM
    As much as I love my storm I hate its method of text input. I just want a physical keyboard! I never thought I would miss one so bad

I really think it is just what you are used to and what you can GET used to. I held out on switching from a traditional keypad (on my WM phone) to the Storm because I didn't think that I would ever like the touchscreen. I went to the VZW store multiple times and tried playing with the Storm and couldn't get used to it. Then, my wife and I just decided to take the plunge and bought 2 Storms...I must admit I was a little weary about text input during the first couple days, but now I type just as fast as the physical keyboard. I have tried typing on a Curve and had the same newbie feeling with that. However, I bet if I had a Curve and played with it for a few days I would fall in love with that too.

This turned into a much longer post than I expected, but the bottom line is as long as you are open to change, I think anyone can get used to a physical keyboard or a touchscreen keyboard.
    04-11-09 12:15 PM
    This has already been posted in the 9630 forums a day ago.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/niagra-video-203335/
    yea i saw this already
    04-11-09 12:35 PM

I agree.

I think when you break it down, it makes sense:

Quickest methods of text input:
    1. Keyboard
    2. Touchscreen
    3. Blackberry Storm

I think the fact that they made it so you had to click it really just made it slow as all heck. Its very frustrating sometimes because with a keyboard or a regular touchscreen I can fly.
    04-11-09 12:39 PM
    what i dont understand is how do all these peoplge get there hands on a phone that RIM hasnt even released yet??
    04-11-09 01:03 PM
    whatever it is they were annoying as ****....I had to mute the video
    Your a ****. The boy was giving a video about the phone. Probably wasnt but 12 or 13 years old. I bet you didnt hit puperty until 20 so leave the kid alone. It was a decent video on the 9630 phone. Nuff said.

And I will be keeping my storm. Maybe get this or the Bold for my wife.
    04-11-09 01:27 PM
    Ewwww, NO WAY!
    That phone is not beautiful! I would not trade my sexy Storm for that. I mean seriously, The Storm isn't that bad.
    (Aside from that stupid resetting thing it does.)

I like BlackBerry =]

Although now looking at SubString's comment, I'm kind of jealous of the Storm"2.1" but whatever.

RIM would not forsake us. ^_^
    04-11-09 01:55 PM
    lol I'm not even the least bit tempted. I'm sticking with the Storm.

Also substring, I'm pretty certain that same user experience upgrade will also come to the first Storm. Of that, I have little doubt.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 04-11-09 at 02:04 PM.
    04-11-09 01:58 PM
    to me, I'm sticking with my storm. I love the Touch screen! Touch screens are the way of the future and by getting the Niagara would be like taking a step backwards.

I'm so used to having a touchscreen now and there getting so popular that I could never go back to a phone with a zillion buttons all over it again. Storm is the way to go
    04-11-09 02:24 PM
    I'm switching because I miss the physical qwerty keyboard and while I've gotten used to the touchscreen, I still prefer the traditional model of the niagara.
    04-11-09 02:30 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD