I had the bold a few weeks ago and on ATT I was able to talk on the phone and aim,email,bbm at the same time. Will the storm and Verizon's 3G network allow me to do the same?
    11-16-08 04:47 PM
    Verizon's CDMA network might, but that's a different question. I can do all of that now on my LG the V on Verizon, at the same time, so I would imply that the Storm will run just as well as my 3 year old phone.
    11-16-08 04:48 PM
    CDMA does not allow for voice and data at the same time.
    11-16-08 04:52 PM
    CDMA does not allow for voice and data at the same time.
    that sucks thats one thing i loved about the bold
    11-16-08 05:06 PM
    Rev.A I belive allows for it if the handset supports it. Rev.0 did not.
    11-16-08 06:41 PM
    No sir. EVDO does not allow voice and data like he's talking about. I believe it supports VOIP and data but that's it.
    11-16-08 06:57 PM
    I thought I read you could be doing all of those things too. From what I remember seeing, this may be the first phone on VZW that would allow this. Not entirely sure though. I'm going to see if I can find where I read that.
    11-16-08 06:57 PM
    No sir. EVDO does not allow voice and data like he's talking about. I believe it supports VOIP and data but that's it.
    Unless you tell me (and mean it) that you actually tried it and it didn't work, I'd have to question you. Reason is, there's too many people that use other Verizon phones (Rev.A) that do this.
    11-16-08 07:15 PM
    I don't see why it couldn't. EV-DO can only send data. It seems that there is no reason data couldn't be sent over the 3g and calls over the normal network.
    11-16-08 07:15 PM
    Unless you tell me (and mean it) that you actually tried it and it didn't work, I'd have to question you. Reason is, there's too many people that use other Verizon phones (Rev.A) that do this.
    EVDO does not support simultaneous voice and data, regardless of Rev 0 or Rev A. By voice, I'm not referring to VOIP, and by data, I'm not referring to SMS. You can SMS while talking on regular voice. You can browse the web while VOIPing with someone. But on VZW, you can't browse the web while talking with someone using the regular voice channel.

The Storm supports simultaneous voice & data because it's also a GSM/HSDPA phone. You have to be on a compatible network, and Verizon is not.
    11-16-08 07:38 PM
    I had the motorola ic902 nextel/sprint phone. It ran on both networks and could have either both services or 1 only if other service wasn't available. When I had my bluetooth I could text and talk all at the same time. Wish I could now with the bb but no luck of course I have switched to alltel. So who knows. I miss it but its ok. I just text when I'm done. Anyways you should give who's on the phone your full undevided attention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD