Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool Storm or Tour??

I plan on getting my very first blackberry in a few weeks and I'm at a loss. The storms touch screen looks fun and the big screen is nice, but I've heard that isn't not great and that the tour is much better. However, I don't know how I feel about that little trackball, it looks so hard and annoying to use. I would be only using it for personal use, so I want to be able to put all my music on it (instead of using my Ipod touch) and I text/email a lot. I also want to be able to use facebook and play games (like my ipod touch).
    I'm so confused, HELP!
    Thanks so much!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

You should consider waiting for a Storm 2

Another helpful thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/get...s-tour-261843/
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 07-28-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,968 Global Posts

Either one will be able to do what you want. The storm has a larger viewing area if you were to want to watch movies and stream videos. You can still put your applications and music on either device. The tour is a solid device and has twice the application memory as the storm. (Which means more applications, obviously!)

Storm has a 1gb on board device memory, (Pictures, movies, ect)
    It comes with an 8GB storage card for more, capable of 32GB, someday.

Tour doesn't come with that 1GB on-board memory, and it comes with a 2GB storage card for this. (Expandable to 32BG, someday)

Storms OS are getting better and better with every leak, official release.
    The tour comes ready to blast out of the box.

The physical keys are nice on the tour, and the Storm is a touchscreen.
    The Tour is Fast, and has a BRILLIANT display for a smaller screen, while the Storm has a large display, also very nice.

You just have to make your own decision :-)
    iPhone 3GS on AT&T, Nexus One on T-Mobile
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

nice triple post
    CrackBerry User

I have a storm and i like it. Im looking into the tour though.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I went with the Tour because I'm not big on the touch screen nor the "SurePress" something to consider..
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts

suggestion:

try them both yourself and decide, and let us know what you think.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    PIN
    Plz Ask

I have the STORM as as many others have said try for yourself but if you want a phone to immediately work then don't pick the STORM, it's still a work in progress and is obviously being replaced soon anyways. I plan on getting a TOUR soon as I just need a phone that works properly with out software, battery, and even hardware issues. All new phone with come with a set of particular problems but the STORM was really something new and out of the ordinary for RIM where-as the other block style has been working great with fantastic success. But it's up to you my friend.
    Mikey *Styles*: "Well Known, Yet Undescovered!"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

3 posts? Your serious about this question.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Thank you all so much! And yes, 3 posts...I WAS such a lost cause with this decision. Everyone has been very helpful! I'll let you know what I end up getting, although it won't be for a few weeks. Thanks again! Any other info is always helpful
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    huh??

I have a storm and my girl just got a tour...I also have an itouch so I'll give you a little summary about each...

Storm/tour run pretty much the same O/S and when I compare the two, as far as speed goes, the storm is only like a second behind...however, if you're not patient, I guess those couple of seconds are enough to drive you crazy...personally I couldn't give up the screen real estate for the physical keyboard...so I'm keeping my storm...I also don't feel as its that bad to type on as I've gotten used to it and can fly on it..

The tour feels better in the hand and I love the keyboard on it. Like I said above, its defintiely quicker and will only get better after updates, but its not all that much quicker than the storm. Once you learn how to use one, you really know how to use the other. Their O/S are really that close.

as far as replacing your itouch, the games on BB aren't as "nice" graphically as the games on the itouch...but if you're just going to use it to play media, then yeah, you could do without the itouch, as the quality in music/video between the itouch and BB are negligable...all in all I would go play with both to see which one would work for you...in the end, its going to be up to you as to what form factor works the best for you...for me, its the storm, for my girl its the tour...to each their own...I hope this helped a little.
    Last edited by Soco352; 07-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

Go to a store and play with them both. I love my Storm, but only you can decide this one.
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    210F..

i say get a tour.

it's your first BB and you dont want to be disappointed. I'm not saying the storm is a disappointment. The storm was my first BB and i think that was my mistake. BB are great phones period. I'll never go back to a dumb phone ever again. But as a first BB owner i was disappointed the storm was launched with so many issues will at hand. The issues are easy to fix but i shouldnt have to go thru what i went thru to make the storm more functionable.

but its a great phone!! it just has its flaws that tends to outshine a lot.

great screen for anykind of media, esp movies. as a student emails and documents are easy to view.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw828 View Post
    I plan on getting my very first blackberry in a few weeks and I'm at a loss. The storms touch screen looks fun and the big screen is nice, but I've heard that isn't not great and that the tour is much better. However, I don't know how I feel about that little trackball, it looks so hard and annoying to use. I would be only using it for personal use, so I want to be able to put all my music on it (instead of using my Ipod touch) and I text/email a lot. I also want to be able to use facebook and play games (like my ipod touch).
    I'm so confused, HELP!
    Thanks so much!!!
    Make the decision for yourself, do you have any idea how many posts that are exactly like as this? I think you should read reviews on both phones and watch video walkthroughs etc. Then make a list of what features you do and don't like about each phone. Based on the list you made, you should have your decision on which phone to get

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    210F..

plus since you say text and email a lot i say physical keys are always a better choice.