so a friend gave me a Storm1 to see if I could revive it. apparently HIS friend was wasted, went in to a pool for an hour, left the S1 in his pocket and forgot about it. my friend got it, and let it dry in front of a fan for a few days, still nothing. I looked at it, popped my battery in it...won't boot up. hooked it up to my laptop and ran AppLoader on it.....my laptop can't even detect the phone.

i took it apart completely, and there's a couple small metal parts with a hit of small surface rust on the sides of them where the SIM card lives.

any suggestions? the phone looks to be in great shape otherwise.
    08-19-10 12:52 AM
    I don't know if the in front a fan idea would work good enough, but being submerged for an hour probably killed it. There have been good results from taking a wet phone and putting it in a baggie full of rice. The rice draws out the moisture pretty quick and in a few days drys out the phone. I don't think that there is much you can use it for except as a paperweight if rust has built up inside.
    08-19-10 07:45 AM
    Wife dropped her phone in the pool and quickly got it out. I removed the battery and put it in a large bag full of rice for 24hrs. And it works fine....

That said I doubt a phone that stayed submerged for an extend period of time is going to be ok... there are some part that are very sensitive to a "short" like you would have with a device being underwater.

If only manufactures treated phones to be waterproof "working Balckberry phone and drops it straight into the salt water"
    08-19-10 09:50 AM
    rice is your best bet, I put a phone though a full wash cycle and it worked fine after. I have S1 that is just laying around. Shoot me a offer if drying out the phone doesnt pan out. pruskonATgmail.com
    08-19-10 02:03 PM
    damn thats crazy...I never dropped my phone in the pool...lol.. but i got caught in the middle of an isande thunder storm one day in NY and my phone took a shower.Fortunately it never really broke from the water damage i didnt even use rice..but I suggest u do.My friend also dropped his tour into a cup of slushy and it survived and worked fine afterwards.
    08-19-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD