I thought we should have a place to put some tips/tricks for navigating and doing things easier on the storm.

I'll start with one--

to go straight to the contacts search in the phone app, hold down the send key momentarily.
    11-21-08 08:26 PM
    I thought we should have a place to put some tips/tricks for navigating and doing things easier on the storm.

I'll start with one--

to go straight to the contacts search in the phone app, hold down the send key momentarily.
    Your tip inspired me to try something. I put a few numbers on speed dial but I couldn't figure out how to use it. On the phone screen, press and hold down the number of the speed dial-ee. Works.
    11-21-08 08:30 PM
    is he screen laggy because the one in the verizon store is?
    11-21-08 08:33 PM
    is he screen laggy because the one in the verizon store is?
    YES! mines pretty darn slow but i have faith the new software will fix this, otherwise i LOVE it! so hopefully they will fix it soon!
    11-21-08 08:37 PM
    How do I go about changing/finding my PIN info?
    11-21-08 08:38 PM
    In Opera Mini just double click lightly to select a link. No need to actually press the screen.

Not sure if that's news to anyone else but me...

Is there a way to select the auto complete words in suretype mode? It keeps popping up with the word I want but I have to stop what I'm doing to go up and try to click the word. Is there like a tab key equivalent that will let me choose it and move on? Hope that makes sense...
    11-21-08 08:42 PM
    find your PIN info in Options-Status....
    11-21-08 08:43 PM
    How do I go about changing/finding my PIN info?
    You can't change your PIN but you can find it via options/status. If you bring up the menu while the PIN is highlighted you can choose to copy it which is handy for BB Messenger etc.
    11-21-08 08:43 PM
    If it is the first one on the list, then you don't need to do anything just continue typing, if it is not, then you'll need to tap the selection.

In Opera Mini just double click lightly to select a link. No need to actually press the screen.

Is there a way to select the auto complete words in suretype mode? It keeps popping up with the word I want but I have to stop what I'm doing to go up and try to click the word. Is there like a tab key equivalent that will let me choose it and move on? Hope that makes sense...
    11-21-08 09:03 PM
    someone posted this in another thread, but thought it should go here with the tip/tricks as well...

but if you are in email, and you hold your finger on the screen on a particular email ( not pressing the screen just touching it) it brings up all the emails you have had with the recipient!
    11-21-08 10:43 PM
    the "phone" part of this "phone" is the slowest thing! ha ha ha
    11-21-08 10:46 PM
    almost forgot this one-- you can pull up application switcher by holding down the Blackberry button
    11-21-08 10:50 PM
    in messages or sms, you can highlight multiple messages to delete by putting one finger at the top message and one finger at the bottom message
    11-21-08 10:51 PM

I'll start with one--

Great tip. I had no idea about this one. You should update the first post of this tread with all of the tips enumerated into a list for ease of reading.
    11-21-08 10:51 PM
    What is PIN?
    11-21-08 10:57 PM

Unless I misunderstand, I think if you hit the return/enter key with the correct word highlighted, it will use it.
    11-21-08 10:59 PM
    I don't know if this is anything new but for me as a new blackberry user it is. Whenever you are in a menu from the blackberry menu, instead of clicking a highlighted option you can simply press the blackberry button to select it.
    11-21-08 11:51 PM
    11-21-08 11:56 PM
    in messages or sms, you can highlight multiple messages to delete by putting one finger at the top message and one finger at the bottom message

Also. Once you have touched your finger in two spots to highlight, you can now scroll up or down with one finger and it will highlight all the way to the next message you touch on.
    11-22-08 03:08 PM

Main Menu > Options > AutoText

I know you can edit what gets autocompleted here so I don't know if that will help. Everytime I type "haha" it automatically gets changed to "Aha." I thought I could delete that entry in AutoText but it doesn't even appear... any ideas?
    11-22-08 03:19 PM
    the Boy Genius review said that if you put your finger at the bottom of the screen and swipe up it pulls up the keyboard and if you swipe down it puts the keyboard away again, I don't have one but I do really want one so i'm curious, does this work?
    11-22-08 03:48 PM
    the Boy Genius review said that if you put your finger at the bottom of the screen and swipe up it pulls up the keyboard and if you swipe down it puts the keyboard away again, I don't have one but I do really want one so i'm curious, does this work?
    Sure does!
    11-22-08 03:49 PM
    I was just going to say that.
    11-22-08 04:19 PM
    Here's a good one for all BlackBerry's,

You can send someone your pin through any type of messaging. To do this simply type "mypin" (all one word without quotes) then press space, et voila! They can then click on your pin when they receive the message and add you in to their contact list.
    03-13-09 09:06 AM
    i have tried to type the mypin in a message and press space but nothing happens. please let me know what i am doing wrong
    03-13-09 01:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD