Wow. I grabbed that app like yesterday afternoon free.
    03-04-09 12:51 AM
    Wow,
    That was 10 minutes of my life I will never get back!
    03-04-09 12:58 AM
    The phone is not locked lol thats the funny part ... But when you put a non TELUS sim in it , it will not recognize it and this is what is making me go crazy. I repeat. I tried the MEP Code and it didnt work, So the whole concept of this Thread was to save you the time and frustration on NOT TO TRY

Ngreen,you say that you have unlock codes for telus storm. However, the above quote for a Telus worker says the phone is already unlocked. The problem is the Storm will not recognize a NON TELUS SIM CARD.

Are you saying you have found a way to work around this???

I am looking for more information please.
    03-16-09 05:05 PM
    I am saying if the phone was unlocked by following the proper steps and entering proper code and it said code accepted, only then is the sim card unlocked and ready for any GSM sim card.
    03-16-09 05:34 PM
    I have posted pictures of my Telus BB in another thread on Rogers with BIS working, it definately can be unlocked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:20 PM
    RLP06 im still waiting to hear from you could you pm me. not enough post yet
    03-17-09 04:03 PM
    RLP06 im still waiting to hear from you could you pm me. not enough post yet
    I sent you a PM yesterday... ill send one again now.
    03-18-09 10:03 AM
    Well I'll take a rude employee over one who doesn't know what they're talking about any day.

PS. the Storm is Rev A, not Rev 0.

I enjoy reading the forums.....good laughs in this tough economy!
    03-18-09 10:07 AM
    I dont understand one thing, If Telus BB storm can not be unlocked (according to one user here) then what unlock codes people selling on ebay? Somebody pls help cuz i have my phone locked to telus and wanna get it unlocked so that i can use it with other carriers like Rogers, Fido etc.
    Last edited by Niranjan; 03-20-09 at 12:22 AM.
    03-19-09 04:49 PM
    Hello folks, Telus storms ARE unlockable. I have just got mine unlocked. So whoever says that these cant be unlocked, Is just BS***ing. I tried mine with Rogers after unlocking and it worked just fine.
    03-28-09 03:58 PM
    yeah i can also confirmed that i have unlocked many telus/verizon storms for friends and they all work. in fact i've seen a few that weren't even locked in the first place.
    03-28-09 05:03 PM
    I do confirm, green unlocked my telus storm and everything is working fine.

03-30-09 01:55 PM
    ....I just talked to a Telus rep and they informed me that the Storm will work on the HSPA network due in early 2010
    04-18-09 10:22 AM
    Being a TELUS employee. I do have an idea and a good one too. Im just trying help. Nor im Leaking anything against the companies policy. I copy pasted from the TELUS's website, since i am seeing lots of people saying that rep's are rude and DONT want to give the MEP code. Even if you have the code you cant unlock it. And the STORM is HSPA which is = to REV 0 and HSPA means video calling so... ?
    Video calling won't be useful on the storm lol...camera faces away from you, you'd have to keep turning the phone around to let other party see you, then turn it back around to see them. Video calls on a cell phone are a long ways away and will only work on a phone with a reversible camera.

As for your assertion that unlocking will not work, there are several threads on the site with people clearly stating they have unlocked and are now with rogers on their storm.

I don't doubt your knowledge...sorry, I lie...screenshot or it didn't happen...but if you are a Telus employee in such a position, it also means you and your employer have motive to try to convince people that they are unable to unlock the storm. Your motives being suspect, we'll need more than your word. Just like we'll need more than Telus' word that a faster network is coming for anywhere other than Vancouver for the winter games.
    04-18-09 11:26 AM
    We unlock Telus and Bell phones every two weeks.
    Next submit date is 4/22 if you want PM or email me
    04-18-09 04:06 PM
    almost every nokia and near every sony ericsson phon have two cameras for video calling it is very popular in japan and some places in the uk
    07-14-09 02:03 AM
    All Bell and Telus codes are in. We can now get Bell & Telus codes in 6 to 24 hrs. Normally time is 7 to 10 days.

We can unlock the new BB Tours.
    07-14-09 08:04 AM
    Haha thanks for resurrecting this old thread. It was funny to see ****** tech boy's deleted/edited posts with the little "10char" stuff.
    07-14-09 08:19 AM
    May be a resurrection of an old post, but Telus phones are easily unlocked. I had mine done today, in one day thanks to UniquePhones. Tried a buddies rogers sim and it worked fine for phone, he didn't have a data plans so I couldn't test that, but there is no reason it wouldn't work. And only $9.99 with coupon code crackberry

Check them out Cell Phone Unlock Codes | UniquePhones
    Last edited by Falling; 07-14-09 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Corrected and added
    07-14-09 09:26 PM
    I have a question I hope you guys can answer for me. I live in Canada and want to use my phone down in the states. I travel there 4 times a year and if i use my telus phone when i'm down there it costs a lot. I just had my phone unlocked so if i go down to the US and buy a prepaid card, is that a sim card that i receive from them and how much do they cost? Is it that simple? Sorry for the dumb questions guys but i just want to make sure that i can get a sim card with no need to buy into a monthly contract from verizon, ATT, or any others. Which company do you recommend?
    07-15-09 05:45 PM
    As far as I know. You can purchase a pay as you go SIM from t mobile or others. I am not sure who all has GSM service in the states. Version is cdma like telus/bell here
    Just need to search who offers GSM service. I bet there is thread here too

07-15-09 06:18 PM
    I have a question I hope you guys can answer for me. I live in Canada and want to use my phone down in the states. I travel there 4 times a year and if i use my telus phone when i'm down there it costs a lot. I just had my phone unlocked so if i go down to the US and buy a prepaid card, is that a sim card that i receive from them and how much do they cost? Is it that simple? Sorry for the dumb questions guys but i just want to make sure that i can get a sim card with no need to buy into a monthly contract from verizon, ATT, or any others. Which company do you recommend?
    I recommend AT&T, they have a very good network in the US.. T-Mobile sucks as they operate a 1900 network only!

Before it will work, you must unlock the Storm. The storm comes locked from Telus and will not work on any other provider. I ordered my unlocking code from: mobile-to-go.com - remote unlocking ordering

once you unlock your phone, you can use it with any sim card you like.
    Last edited by theONLYallan; 09-23-09 at 03:15 PM.
    08-18-09 09:49 AM
    ya get a AT&T sim card. I have one and if you put $100 on the prepaid it is good for 1 year .

Get Started - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

It works great.
    08-18-09 09:55 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD