Im a police officer in ontario.

It's important I keep my phone with me and on me at all times.. logically on my tac belt.

Anyone recommend the best type of holster for this? or of any aftermarket brand to look forward to seeing one from? i need protection obviously.. dont want it moving around or falling off easily when running/walking etc
    11-07-08 02:22 AM
    i wouldn't risk it, but maybe something like what holds ur clips or spray...if it fits
    11-07-08 02:24 AM
    Hmm.. handcuff holster is to small
    spray is to thin
    magazines are to thin

an actual notebook holder may be a decent idea, but honestly, its leather/cloth. you dont feel the vibration the same as if it were on a plastic holster. and i have to keep it on vibrate. well i prefer it.

I was hoping for sometihng plastic .. i could easily modify a plastic case to a generic holster clip. This way I have a storm plastic casing attached to a belts clip permanently. would require a good amount of modding but it is doable. was hopin for plastic though.

well, still open to ideas
    11-07-08 02:48 AM
    Hope Otterbox makes a case for it? Check them out. They dont make anything for the Storm as of now but who knows.
    11-07-08 05:50 AM
    I'm sure Otterbox will have something for the Storm. Impact, weather and dirt protection with a lifetime warrenty and excellent customer service. I've heard the holster won't fit on a service belt but I met a DOT officer who had a 8800 on his. Personally, I wouldn't carry my berry without it. Go to the website and check out the stuff they have for the iphone. The storm kit should be similar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 06:17 AM
    I would try something like this: The Cell Depot

It has belt loops that secure the holster. I would also add an Invisible Shield to the phone. Hope it helps.
    11-07-08 09:18 AM
    Nite Ize: Manufacturer of Innovative Technology has lots of good general purpose holsters that cover 100% of the phone and are very secure.

11-07-08 09:39 AM
    As a Firefighter / Paramedic, I have the same carry concerns as you (Grafx). I have been using a product made by Maxpedition for about 2 years for my Razr, and I absolutely LOVE it! The case is constructed of rugged nylon and it secures my phone with no worries of loosing or accidently unclipping the device from my belt. I picked mine up from a local gun store, but you can also find them on Maxpedition's site (I would post the link, but the system won't allow me -- I don't have the 10 posts, yet!). Just do a google search for maxpedition and you'll find the link.

As a testiment to the quality of this case, I have already purchased a larger model that I can only *assume* will fit the Storm when it is released. I have also pre-ordered an InvisibleShield body and screen protector skin (made by Zagg). Now all I need is the damned phone! LOL

Good luck!
    11-07-08 12:41 PM
    I have been wearing my phone on my belt since freshman year of high school (I know I know), and to this day, nothing has been better for security and function than the case I have on my Curve right now. It is a combo hard case/holster from Seidio. A police officer on these forums actually wrote an amazing review for it, which caused me to buy this one. He said he uses it on the job and it is great. I am sure Seidio will make one for the Storm!

Here is the link to the review, check it out!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/rev...tensive-39900/
    11-07-08 12:52 PM
    I would try something like this: The Cell Depot

It has belt loops that secure the holster. I would also add an Invisible Shield to the phone. Hope it helps.
    I would also recommend the Invisible Shield, I just preordered full body coverage for the Storm once it gets here. =)
    11-07-08 01:15 PM
    I have considered the Seidio case myself, but I haven't been convinced that my phone won't just fall out of the holster. Do you (Stang68) ever have problems with the Seidio? I'm worried about inadvertent hits to the top of the case that will cause the phone to be released from the holster, causing my "life line" to hit the ground. Ever had this problem?
    11-07-08 01:20 PM
    Im a police officer in ontario.

It's important I keep my phone with me and on me at all times.. logically on my tac belt.

Anyone recommend the best type of holster for this? or of any aftermarket brand to look forward to seeing one from? i need protection obviously.. dont want it moving around or falling off easily when running/walking etc
    Call or visit Police Equipment - Public Safety Equipment - Police Uniforms : Galls
    11-07-08 01:23 PM
    I have considered the Seidio case myself, but I haven't been convinced that my phone won't just fall out of the holster. Do you (Stang68) ever have problems with the Seidio? I'm worried about inadvertent hits to the top of the case that will cause the phone to be released from the holster, causing my "life line" to hit the ground. Ever had this problem?
    I too have this concern. I ride a motorcycle and I am paranoid of losing the phone. Has anyone with the Seido ridden a bike with it on their belt? I think something that closes and latches (velcro at least) securely over the phone and has a belt loop attachment instead of just a clip would be the most secure. Maybe I am just overly paranoid.
    11-07-08 01:43 PM
    I too have this concern. I ride a motorcycle and I am paranoid of losing the phone. Has anyone with the Seido ridden a bike with it on their belt? I think something that closes and latches (velcro at least) securely over the phone and has a belt loop attachment instead of just a clip would be the most secure. Maybe I am just overly paranoid.
    If you are riding on a bike with this on your belt, I highly suggest you buy something that encloses the phone completely..I see this thing being sturdy for walking and sitting, definitely not for running or riding a motorcycle.
    11-07-08 01:52 PM
    It has never fallen out of my holster...ever! I have gone bike riding, running, working out, and it stays there. The way the clip works it that it is a separate piece altogether. It moves up and down on a pin, allowing it to be stronger than just a piece of plastic that bends and loosens over time. I could not be happier with this case. It also still has the sleep magnet installed. I am banking on Seidio releasing a Storm version!!

I understand that some of you want something like an actual case with a velcro cover and that is cool. It most likely is more secure but I have never had a problem with my case. Make sure you check out the link to the review of the case!
    11-07-08 01:55 PM
    Spoke with Harrison at Otterbox on 12/2/08. He assured me that they will be making a case for the Storm. He was unsure of the specifics or the date of release. However he did say to keep checking the web site. He did said hopfully before years end.
    12-03-08 11:54 AM
    Hey Grafx.........

Have you checked out any of the stuff from 5.11 tactical? It seems that they have alot of stuff that might be adaptable to fit on your tac belt.......just a thought
    12-03-08 05:23 PM
    im thinkin of just havin to fit the storm into my bullet proof vest front pocket.

pocket seems to fit it, it's tight tho! but we shall see..

no good tac belt holsters are available yet
    12-04-08 10:53 PM
    Has anybody combined a Seido holster with a silicone sleeve?

I wonder if it would fit the regular holster, or require the larger, hard-case holster...
    12-05-08 02:27 PM
    Has anybody combined a Seido holster with a silicone sleeve?

I wonder if it would fit the regular holster, or require the larger, hard-case holster...
    I believe a regular silicone sleeve is too thick compared to the Innocase that Seido sells.

There is a review of the iPhone 3G version
    12-05-08 02:37 PM
    Does anyone know how big the belt clip is for the Seidio clip? I currently have a 5.11 belt that is 1.75 inches and am wondering if it will fit that. I guess I could step down to the 1.5 inch belt, but I would rather have the wider belt to offer a little bit more rigidity. I also looked at the Otterbox, non Storm models, and they appear to be the same size as the Seidio's. Any FF or LE that have a plastic case on a utility belt that fits the 1.75inch belts? thanks.....
    12-22-08 06:55 PM
    Both the otter box and seidio belt holster that I have for my curve fit the 1.75" 5.11 belt fine and hold on very well. If all else is the same, you won't have to step down the size of your belt to use them.
    Best
    DB

12-22-08 07:35 PM
    e-Holster - Shoulder holster & belt holster case systems for your gadgets including your cell phone, PDA, smartphone (like Blackberry, Treo and iPhone), and more.

BAM. Your welcome.

Works just like a gun holster around your shoulder
    Last edited by imann101; 12-22-08 at 07:46 PM.
    12-22-08 07:41 PM
    I'm a police officer as well, try a company called "Rip Off", I've got a couple of their cases and they work great!!
    12-22-08 08:22 PM
    the fanny pack is the solution to all problems
    12-22-08 08:27 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD