just a quick question...

I am on att right now and i dont wanna move...

also i want a storm.....if i buy a unlocked storm...can i use it on att????

thanks...
    02-12-09 12:42 AM
    I belive you can. AT&T and T-Mobile.............but just words of encouragement. Verizon will give you better coverage my man. Its proven lol
    02-12-09 12:45 AM
    I belive you can. AT&T and T-Mobile.............but just words of encouragement. Verizon will give you better coverage my man. Its proven lol
    Im not sure but zayragiselle sounds like a female name to me...

just a quick question...

I am on att right now and i dont wanna move...

also i want a storm.....if i buy a unlocked storm...can i use it on att????

thanks...
    Someone said this earlier, yes u can use an unlocked storm on att but when
    you do so you dumb the phone down..
    02-12-09 01:16 AM
    Im not sure but zayragiselle sounds like a female name to me...

Someone said this earlier, yes u can use an unlocked storm on att but when
    you do so you dumb the phone down..
    You can definitely use the Storm on ATT. I use it on T-Mobile. You don't need to buy an unlocked one either. There are a few services that have been used on this site that will unlock it for 20 bucks. Just remember, when you go to ask a question, it may have already been answered, so try the search button first.

Here is the thread you need once you get your phone:Storm on ATT instructions
    Also, just a word of caution, the beta OS .99 and above have a problem with the radio file not keeping full EDGE. Some have used hybrids of different releases... i don't know how knowledgeable you are on a blackberry but i would probably stay away from beta software until you get your feet wet.

One last thing. This place is full of Verizon fan boys and girls... if you don't want to change coverage don't listen to them. My phone is no way dumbed down, although it may be a little slower, I like T-Mobile and won't be leaving.

Welcome and happy crackberrying!!
    02-12-09 04:17 AM
    You should be able to... I was also told by an AT&T employee (who was buying a storm when i was buying mine) said that AT&T is actually going to start carrying the storm, however it may not actually be called the storm with AT&T. I am not sure how that works, or if this information helps you in the slightest, but I figured I would put it out there in case someone felt like actually waiting to buy their storm... (yeah, stupid.. I know.. who would want to wait.)
    02-12-09 08:06 AM
    Lilman, its not just .99 that is keeping the "edge"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:17 AM
    I have an unlocked storm and I'm using Verizon as well as my AT&T service. I can't use both lines simultaneously but I switch it in mobile settings for it to read my att sim or switch back to cdma.
    02-12-09 09:25 AM
    You can definitely use the Storm on ATT. I use it on T-Mobile. You don't need to buy an unlocked one either. There are a few services that have been used on this site that will unlock it for 20 bucks. Just remember, when you go to ask a question, it may have already been answered, so try the search button first.

Here is the thread you need once you get your phone:Storm on ATT instructions
    Also, just a word of caution, the beta OS .99 and above have a problem with the radio file not keeping full EDGE. Some have used hybrids of different releases... i don't know how knowledgeable you are on a blackberry but i would probably stay away from beta software until you get your feet wet.

One last thing. This place is full of Verizon fan boys and girls... if you don't want to change coverage don't listen to them. My phone is no way dumbed down, although it may be a little slower, I like T-Mobile and won't be leaving.

Welcome and happy crackberrying!!

thank you so much all of you for responding my question....

i really appreciate the way you guys are willing to help others...

and thanks to lilman573 for letting me know of the way to have it on att....

i really appreciate it
    02-12-09 10:48 AM
    Don't wanna move? Dude, you need to move to the BEST... VZW. You are missing out big time.

The best ATT can give you is their fav. toy, the iPhone.
    02-12-09 10:53 AM
    I currently have an unlocked storm and it works perfect on AT&T, you might have problems starting without a browser, but there is a thread that gives you step by step instructions on how to get it. The internet is actually pretty fast.

I have no complaints.
    02-12-09 11:37 AM
    Another one here using a Storm on at&t. I picked one up on craigslist for cheap just to try it out and I've been liking it so far. I'm using a hybrid of .90 (for the radio) and .103 and it seems to be good so far.

I've heard that a 3G w/ wi-fi is due out on Rogers in the next couple months and would love to get one of those unlocked.
    02-12-09 12:06 PM
    I use mine on AT&T as well. Got mine off ebay. Want help unlocking it, I know a guy real cheap. ngreen on this forum. Great guy and had it unlocked within 20 minutes.

Good luck!
    02-12-09 12:37 PM
    I would love to get one to go along with my Bold but I've heard that the internet is so much slower than the Bold's bcuz of no 3G

02-12-09 12:58 PM
    I use mine on T-Mobile and it works great. Pick the provider you want. I think Verizon is over rated
    But that's opinion

02-12-09 01:08 PM
    Also, the phone is not dumbed down. By saying that you would be saying that the only
    reason this phone is great is because of Verizon. Not true, its great because it is a BlackBerry

02-12-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD