I had the Verizon 8830 World Edition and it held all 1643 of my Microsoft Outlook contacts. I just got the Storm and spent 3 hrs with a tech yesterday trying to synch my Storm. While syncing, at 1043 contacts I got an error message "0x80040fb3" and it stopped. The tech mentioned the error message meant I had an outlook entry with only a phone number and no name and that was the glitch. I spent an hour printing and going over the entries on Outlook and no such entry.
    So this morning I reset the synch and reset the Storm to factory settings. Again, the error message came at the 1038th transfer.
    I called Verizon and now they are telling me that the Storm only supports 1000 contacts.
    How is that possible??? A new upgraded device and they downgraded the number of contacts for business people??? And how come the tech I spoke to yesterday, who sounded very knowledgeable didn't tell me that??? And how come the error message came at 1038 contacts and not 1000. When they read the BB Storm handbook it says the Storm supports 1000+ contacts. I find it hard to believe and wonder if anyone else has come across a similar problem.
    12-06-08 11:48 AM
    I do think there is a conflict in Outlook that is some how being over looked.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/error-80040fb3-40147/
    12-06-08 12:20 PM
    That is ridiculous! There are lots of members on CrackBerry with huge Address Book sync'ed from Outlook.

A couple of months back we worked out that the 'average' size of an Address Book entry was 200 bytes (you mileage may vary). 1000 entryies = 200Kb of memory.

Something is wrong here. It sounds like the sync process is finding what it considers to be a data error during the transfer and that is why the sync s failing. One way to find this may be to export your Contacts from Outlook to a csv file and then sync that to the BlackBerry. It is a tedious route but it may just work. Also you may load the csv file into Excel and inspect it for errors (if any).
    12-06-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD