Ok so my phone has been acting pretty dumb lately on these past two days i click to open a message it im there waiting for a couple seconds for it it open and its just been acting pretty slow overall opening and closing programs. Im freaken tired of this I have the stock .75 and I think im finally going to upgrade to one of there unofficial updates..prob .113. UGH! I blame Verizon for this.. Cause if it werent for them our Storms would probably have wifi as well.

04-13-09 10:43 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?
    If that doesn't work try clearing out some app memory. Maybe you have to much messages......

Don't know if Verizon is to blame for the lack of WIFI but I don't think that would cause your phone to be slow but someone has to take the fall for it and Verizon is the best one.
    04-13-09 10:49 PM
    Upgrade your OS. That will help for sure. Also, a battery pull once in a while does help to free or App Mem which is essentially the "RAM" for your phone.

.113, .122 or a hybrid will all make you phone seriously, like a brand new phone compared to .75's speed and stability.

Try it, you will LOVE it.
    04-13-09 10:51 PM
    Are we suppose to do battery pulls on the phone once in a while??.. Cause from what I know other people like iphone users or G1 users dont do that. My phone actually reboots by itself sometimes too and it pisses me cause im in the middle of doing something
    04-13-09 10:54 PM
    Are we suppose to do battery pulls on the phone once in a while??.. Cause from what I know other people like iphone users or G1 users dont do that. My phone actually reboots by itself sometimes too and it pisses me cause im in the middle of doing something
    yes on the storm a daily battery pull is suggested. I know silly but makes the phone usable. Download the quickpull tool so you don't have to pull the battery.
    04-13-09 10:56 PM
    if your not closing out the apps all the way they continue to run in the background so a battery pull will close those down, just like when you restart your computer. I would definately do a software update and that should resolve most of your issues. I just recently updated to .113 and I recommend you do the same. I havent had any issues with my storm since the update.
    04-13-09 10:58 PM
    The storm has memory issues that will improve as newer versions come out. As other have said make sure to close programs when you are done, press the bb button then select exit or close. Als a daily battery pull can help much this will probably only be necessary until RIM fixes the code and our carriers release updates. Try the latest leaks 113 or 122 they handle memory MUCH better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 11:06 PM
    Im going to look for that update and instructions for that since im fairly new to updating my phone..I mean I do have the .75 lol
    04-13-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD