Two weeks ago it started going through spells where it would stop receiving calls and text messages (and emails too, I suppose). A few hours would go by, and I'd wonder why nobody has tried to contact me. So I'd call my girlfriend just to see what she's doing, and while the phone is dialing, it starts beeping, and all of a sudden I receive 4 hours worth of texts. My girlfriend starts yelling at me and asking why I haven't answered my phone for the past 4 hours.

After having this happen daily, I gave up and brought my storm into the Verizon store and got a replacement. This was yesterday.

Last night, with the replacement, the phenomena happened again. No biggy, I thought. I did a *228, battery pull, worked ok this morning. Since then my phone has stopped receiving anything. I've made a couple calls to my voicemail just so I can capture all the texts I missed, but I simply can't live with a phone that misses all my calls.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm at the end of my rope here...
    Last edited by milk storm; 09-12-09 at 11:09 PM.
    09-12-09 10:59 PM
    do you live in a basement or an area that has poor coverage?
    09-12-09 11:10 PM
    No, in fact this problem has only happened in my apartment so far, where I get a full 5 bars of signal 24/7.
    09-12-09 11:12 PM
    and this has happened on multiple storms? What about if you use it by the window. Do you ever notice any issues? Are you by chance using any custom themes?
    09-12-09 11:15 PM
    That crossed my mind. The old one had App world, pandora, and a few kosher programs on it, no themes.

The new one, I haven't downloaded a thing onto, and I've been leaving it on the windowsill in hopes that it simply wasn't getting signal, but the problem is worse than before with this one.
    09-12-09 11:18 PM
    What OS are you using?
    09-12-09 11:19 PM
    4.7.0.148 on both.
    09-12-09 11:21 PM
    so just all of a sudden the will not receive sms, emails or let calls come in? Have you done a *228 lately?
    09-12-09 11:34 PM
    yes. right after i got the replacement i did a *228 and battery pull (yesterday)

today it's already done no receiving thing twice.
    09-12-09 11:37 PM
    I had this same problem and had to call Veriazon. They did some remote fix on my phone. I was able to send calls but not receive them.
    09-12-09 11:49 PM
    I can receive calls some of the time. There are stretches of time (usually at night) when my phone stops receiving anything until I try to make a call out.
    09-12-09 11:52 PM
    and you absolutely sure that you have 5 bars and you are in 1XEV or 1xev coverage area?
    09-13-09 12:15 AM
    Sounds like your radio under Manage Connections had been turned off.
    09-13-09 12:16 AM
    and you absolutely sure that you have 5 bars and you are in 1XEV or 1xev coverage area?
    YES. I know it sounds like the radio is turned off, but it remains on 1XEV and full signal during these outages.
    09-13-09 12:25 AM
    not sure what to tell you. It could be the tower or your phone. Might want to give customer service a call.
    09-13-09 01:06 AM
    Update. Problems seems worse today. Interesting, Phone got a couple emails but missed numerous calls/texts.
    09-13-09 12:35 PM
    I have this same problem with mine. I went into Verizon three times. The did some kind of update so that I use Alltel's towers (sounds like a load of crap to me) and I still have the same problem. A phone isn't much good if you can't receive calls.
    09-24-09 09:27 AM
    This happened to me a few times when I first got my Storm. I called tech support about it three times in three days (since it wouldn't always reproduce consistently, but was ONLY happening when i was at work) and the third time, the tech said she was 'doing something on the system'. Since then, I have never had a problem with it. I suspect it's some combination of local tower configuration and phone roaming persistence. I would keep hounding tech support if I were you.
    09-24-09 09:47 AM
    I had this problem too except with a dare. I dnnt think its ur BB. Its somethn on Vzns end...my mom had same prpbs also w a diff vzn phn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD