Anybody else figure out the deal with the sound profiles?

it looks like you cant edit the default profiles anymore and you have to make custom ones otherwise. this is kinda busted. You cant even SEE what specifically each profile does.

am i crazy? any ideas anyone?
    11-21-08 03:53 PM
    That's what I am seeing as well. Anyone figure this one out?
    11-21-08 03:55 PM
    ......bump
    11-21-08 04:17 PM
    Yeah, same here. I was able to change the "normal" profile (# of vibrates, volume, etc.)
    11-21-08 05:08 PM
    bah but what about changing your vibrate profile, gah i usually use nothing but vibrate, and i want to customize it without losing the cool vibrate ringer icon
    11-21-08 05:33 PM
    My phone is on vibrate all the time but I dont want it vibrating for emails just texts and messages.

Ok, will have to just make my own profiles. No biggie.
    11-21-08 06:28 PM
    i think you have to go to "sounds" to do this.
    11-21-08 11:08 PM
    This has got to be a bug, right? How can you not change the default profiles? You can't even change the ringtone on the "normal" profile?

Yeah, same here. I was able to change the "normal" profile (# of vibrates, volume, etc.)
    SpeedingNoodle, how did you change those elements of the "normal" profile? If you click the BB button when on the profile, it just goes back to the home screren for me.
    11-21-08 11:23 PM
    once you click on the "sound profiles" icon, scroll down to the bottom and click "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" and that is editing the normal profile i do believe.
    11-21-08 11:37 PM
    anybody figure out what the vibrate profile does specifically yet?

i wish there was a manual or something that detailed the default profiles since we seem to be unable to change them now
    11-22-08 10:00 AM
    once you click on the "sound profiles" icon, scroll down to the bottom and click "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" and that is editing the normal profile i do believe.
    For the life of me I can't seem to find how to edit the other profiles, so that Loud, Normal, etc, can have their own ringer volume/tone
    Last edited by hal1; 11-22-08 at 03:12 PM.
    11-22-08 03:10 PM
    LOL you guys...whichever one is "active" is the one that you are altering when you go to "set ring tones/alerts"

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sindervhit; 11-22-08 at 03:29 PM.
    11-22-08 03:27 PM
    LOL you guys...whichever one is "active" is the one that you can alter when you go to "set ring tones/alerts"

Hope this helps.
    YEAH, finally. I guess We (or *I*) was used to useing "advanced" from the Curve
    11-22-08 03:30 PM
    can you adjust the vibrate profile? it's a really weak vibrate, i barely notice it when it's next to me, i can only wonder when it's on my belt. i'd like to at least make it vibrate a few times or something instead of just 1.
    11-22-08 03:40 PM
    LOL you guys...whichever one is "active" is the one that you are altering when you go to "set ring tones/alerts"
    Hope this helps.
    This has to best one of the best/quickest answer I have seen to a question that seemed to be bothering more than just me.
    11-22-08 03:41 PM
    Are you sure about that? I have tried and it doesnt seem to be working. I activated the vibrate profile and then selected "set ringtones/alerts" and the settings were still for the normal setting. What is wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 03:45 PM
    Are you sure about that? I have tried and it doesnt seem to be working. I activated the vibrate profile and then selected "set ringtones/alerts" and the settings were still for the normal setting. What is wrong?

i agree, it didn't seem to work for me. i ended up just making a custom vibrate profile. my phone is on vibrate most of the time so that one was the most important to me.
    11-22-08 03:50 PM
    same problem here
    11-22-08 03:53 PM
    Damnitt...this is my only caveat with the Storm right now!

11-22-08 03:55 PM
    From the way I have figured is like this. You have one master profile and then depending on the one you want it changes the way it sounds or reacts when a variable is met.

Looks like we lost the advance option for the ability to making custom tones for phone and message on a contact basis.

I may be wrong on this but after playing with it for a while this is how I have come to understand it.

Also you can customize the way it vibrates if you chose custom for the vibrate option for each variable like pin, level 1, phone, diffrent email accts, and a the rest.

Hope this helps out.
    11-22-08 03:57 PM
    why did they make the vibrate so weak? the curve's vibrate mode was much better. so far that's my biggest grype with the phone, i haven't had any issues otherwise
    11-22-08 04:15 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to make the calendar ring more than once??

11-22-08 04:59 PM
    This has to best one of the best/quickest answer I have seen to a question that seemed to be bothering more than just me.
    Why thank you, I do what I can, I'm a noob on BBs so I'm learning along the way too.
    For those that are saying its not doing anything or changing anything I don't know what to tell you, it seems fairly straightforward from my end.

One thing I REALLY love about this phone is the HUGE amount of play you get with deciding volume. Some of the alerts on my curve just seemed to loud even at the low setting, and vice versa, now everything's on a rating of 1-10, one is definitely quiet, and 10 is a megaphone haha.
    11-22-08 05:04 PM
    having an issue with my custom profile and holster. this seems to only happen when i receive text messages. I have the custom profile set to In Only and to vibrate twice then ring. All it does is vibrate, never rings. Anyone else having issues with there custom profiles?
    Last edited by azzurri94; 11-30-08 at 05:03 PM.
    11-30-08 05:00 PM
    what is your "out of holster" set too? is that whats its reverting to (as in it doesnt realize its in the holster) or is it just simply not ringing
    11-30-08 05:05 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD