Does ANYONE know of any way possible of putting the Storm into sleep mode without the leather pouch?!?!? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! even if given a link to another thread! thx!
    03-10-09 12:45 PM
    Does ANYONE know of any way possible of putting the Storm into sleep mode without the leather pouch?!?!? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! even if given a link to another thread! thx!
    Sleep mode is a mechanical function by use of a magnet.
    03-10-09 12:51 PM
    Keep a magnet in your pocket or buy the plastic holster if you don't like the leather one.
    03-10-09 12:56 PM
    Since it's on subject, I must ask: Is a magnet really necessary? My old phones would go into a "sleep" like mode when I didn't press any buttons for 2 minutes. There was no need for magnetic or special cases.

What are the disadvantages of not carrying a bulky magnet around ?
    04-14-09 08:44 AM
    Sleep mode isn't just a function of the magnet in all BBs. Typically there is a "sleep" button on the top of the BB. There "should" be a way to put the storm into sleep mode without a case, just like the curve, pearl, or 8800 series, heck, I believe any previous model of BB.

That fact was one of the reasons I returned my Storm. BB forgot that option on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:48 AM
    All BBs to date have been able to go into Standby by holding down the Mute button. The Storm is the first BB that for some reason didn't have this capability. Hopefully RIM will fix this in an upcoming OS release.

As of right now, you must use an OEM pouch or holster to enter Standby.
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD